Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bibi Gaston Book on Mary Pinchot Meyer  (Read 5265 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

Bibi Gaston Book on Mary Pinchot Meyer
« on: December 27, 2022, 04:47:27 AM »
Advertisement
 I believe Ms Gaston's is MPM's Niece I am just wondering if anyone knows the book and  whether it follows any of Peter Janney's speculation that MPM may have turned on JFK to LSD?

JFK Assassination Forum

Bibi Gaston Book on Mary Pinchot Meyer
« on: December 27, 2022, 04:47:27 AM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

Re: Bibi Gaston Book on Mary Pinchot Meyer
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 02:12:16 PM »
I believe Ms Gaston's is MPM's Niece I am just wondering if anyone knows the book and  whether it follows any of Peter Janney's speculation that MPM may have turned on JFK to LSD?

That's a really good question.  You should try asking Tom Scully about that.  Right, Tom ?  And give him the long answer, oui ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 02:13:54 PM by Mark A. Oblazney »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 09:27:55 AM »

No Tom ?  OK, I'll start....... the book you refer to by Ms. Gaston is entitled 'The Lovliest Woman in America' (of which I have a signed copy).  Mssr. Janney did indeed 'speculate' as to whether Jack & Mary dosed together.  Ask Jim DiEugenio about that one.  They eat their own at Skyhorse publishing, oui?

Did you read Janney's grand opus 'Mary's Mosaic', sir?  You can google it and start reading the introduction.  Go ahead.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 09:27:55 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 09:59:49 PM »

I, for one, find it difficult to envision JFK sitting cross legged on the floor pondering the question: “Should I try to do some more, twenty five or six to four?”  …

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 10:13:06 PM »

I, for one, find it difficult to envision JFK sitting cross legged on the floor pondering the question: “Should I try to do some more, twenty five or six to four?”  …

The whole thing really got going when Tim published his autobiography 'Flashbacks' from Jeremy Tarcher's publishing house, and it kinda snowballed from there, at least for me.  It then took a life of its own.  Tim notices (in his footnotes at the end) the strange resonance he has with Cord Meyer.  Lots of footnotes in Janney's book, too.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 10:13:06 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 11:59:22 PM »
 I am aware of Mary's Mosaic If you don't mind what question for DiEugenio are you suggesting please?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 12:05:16 AM by Matt Grantham »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 12:01:26 AM »
The whole thing really got going when Tim published his autobiography 'Flashbacks' from Jeremy Tarcher's publishing house, and it kinda snowballed from there, at least for me.  It then took a life of its own.  Tim notices (in his footnotes at the end) the strange resonance he has with Cord Meyer.  Lots of footnotes in Janney's book, too.

Norman Cousins was not far out? Or are you going to just laugh that off?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 12:06:01 AM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 12:01:26 AM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 01:46:28 PM »
Norman Cousins was not far out? Or are you going to just laugh that off?

Cord & Norman were just looking for a safer planet.  Do you blame them?  Ask Dagmar Wilson.  Mary Pinchot was into saving the planet as well.

As to what questions for Jimmy the D, well there's plenty of old threads in the forums to save me a lot of typing.  Lots.  Look them up.  You'll be glad you did.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 01:49:25 PM by Mark A. Oblazney »