Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bibi Gaston Book on Mary Pinchot Meyer  (Read 5253 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

Re: Bibi Gaston Book on Mary Pinchot Meyer
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 01:09:46 AM »
Advertisement
 I meant to respond to Chucks comment of yoga being to far out for JFK

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 01:09:46 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 02:02:24 AM »
I meant to respond to Chucks comment of yoga being to far out for JFK

I don’t go by the name Chuck, but since there isn’t anyone else in this thread that would be likely to be called Chuck, I will respond.

At that time LSD 25 was prevalent and one of the prescription drugs people were doing was methequalone in 400 mg.(version of qualudes). On the side of the pills was the number 624. I doubt very much he was sitting cross legged on the floor trying to write a song on his lap to meet some deadline. It is the position (usually while rocking back and forth) that many people who where tripping late at night would be in. 624 would bring him down to sleep and 25 would continue the trip which he was obviously enjoying. "Spinning room is sinking deep" is hardly an issue when staying up late writing. Writing a song late at night is a good clean story for the masses but more likely at some "hippie house" at that time I would think the drug induced answer would be far more likely and a more memorable experience worth writing a song about. Do you really think I was writing a song at 4 am., gee what a great thing to write a song about? Good luck and believe what you want. Maybe 25 or 6 to 4 is a time for the sake of catchy song but it sounds like a trip either way and going to work is the last thing on someones mind

https://musicfans.stackexchange.com/questions/1102/what-is-25-or-6-to-4

Apparently, the writer of the song has said it is about the time. But the above is what I remember hearing about the meaning of the lyrics.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 02:23:45 AM »
 Apologies Charles It was not intentional

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 02:23:45 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 11:19:13 AM »
Apologies Charles It was not intentional

That’s okay, when my older brother figured out that it didn’t bother me, he quit trying to antagonize me by calling me Chuck….   ;)

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 02:31:53 PM »

I don’t go by the name Chuck, but since there isn’t anyone else in this thread that would be likely to be called Chuck, I will respond.

At that time LSD 25 was prevalent and one of the prescription drugs people were doing was methequalone in 400 mg.(version of qualudes). On the side of the pills was the number 624. I doubt very much he was sitting cross legged on the floor trying to write a song on his lap to meet some deadline. It is the position (usually while rocking back and forth) that many people who where tripping late at night would be in. 624 would bring him down to sleep and 25 would continue the trip which he was obviously enjoying. "Spinning room is sinking deep" is hardly an issue when staying up late writing. Writing a song late at night is a good clean story for the masses but more likely at some "hippie house" at that time I would think the drug induced answer would be far more likely and a more memorable experience worth writing a song about. Do you really think I was writing a song at 4 am., gee what a great thing to write a song about? Good luck and believe what you want. Maybe 25 or 6 to 4 is a time for the sake of catchy song but it sounds like a trip either way and going to work is the last thing on someones mind

https://musicfans.stackexchange.com/questions/1102/what-is-25-or-6-to-4

Apparently, the writer of the song has said it is about the time. But the above is what I remember hearing about the meaning of the lyrics.

Great story, Charles !!!  Goes well with a whiter shade of pale.  I was told by Leo Damore that Mary Pinchot had a killer collection of psychedelic literature.  Speaking of songs, did you know I wrote one about Mary, entitled 'Cherries in the Snow', the brand of lipstick she had on her when murdered?  Here is the refrain.......

Well I heard me somethin' strange today
And I'm sure he wuz' a liar
I heard that Billy Mitchell's boy
Done murdered Mary Meyer

Mary Meyer, Mary Meyer
Tell me which spook they done hired
And tell me why they hadst ta' fire
That missin' .38 at Mary Meyer

Et voila......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 02:31:53 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 03:41:55 PM »
Great story, Charles !!!  Goes well with a whiter shade of pale.  I was told by Leo Damore that Mary Pinchot had a killer collection of psychedelic literature.  Speaking of songs, did you know I wrote one about Mary, entitled 'Cherries in the Snow', the brand of lipstick she had on her when murdered?  Here is the refrain.......

Well I heard me somethin' strange today
And I'm sure he wuz' a liar
I heard that Billy Mitchell's boy
Done murdered Mary Meyer

Mary Meyer, Mary Meyer
Tell me which spook they done hired
And tell me why they hadst ta' fire
That missin' .38 at Mary Meyer

Et voila......

Nice Lyrics Mark. I didn’t know you were a song writer. There’s a lot of intriguing stuff about Mary’s murder. But it is difficult to know if there is any truth to most of it.

Biographers of both Leary and Meyer have treated Leary's claims with dismissal or caution. Leary biographer Robert Greenfield believes that Leary did have contact with Pinchot Meyer but found no evidence that Pinchot Meyer had taken LSD with Kennedy and writes that "a good deal of what Tim reported as fact in Flashbacks is pure fantasy."[30] Pinchot Meyer biographer Nina Burleigh also believes that Leary and Pinchot Meyer met, but writes that "No one has ever confirmed that Kennedy tried LSD with Mary." She notes, however, that "the timing of her visits to Timothy Leary do coincide with her known private meetings with the president."[11]: 212    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Pinchot_Meyer

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2022, 09:56:53 AM »

Nice Lyrics Mark. I didn’t know you were a song writer. There’s a lot of intriguing stuff about Mary’s murder. But it is difficult to know if there is any truth to most of it.

Biographers of both Leary and Meyer have treated Leary's claims with dismissal or caution. Leary biographer Robert Greenfield believes that Leary did have contact with Pinchot Meyer but found no evidence that Pinchot Meyer had taken LSD with Kennedy and writes that "a good deal of what Tim reported as fact in Flashbacks is pure fantasy."[30] Pinchot Meyer biographer Nina Burleigh also believes that Leary and Pinchot Meyer met, but writes that "No one has ever confirmed that Kennedy tried LSD with Mary." She notes, however, that "the timing of her visits to Timothy Leary do coincide with her known private meetings with the president."[11]: 212    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Pinchot_Meyer

I guess Mssr. Grantham didn't realize my involvement in the Pinchot murder.  Oh well......
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 09:58:01 AM by Mark A. Oblazney »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2022, 09:56:53 AM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 11:36:02 AM »
I believe Ms Gaston's is MPM's Niece I am just wondering if anyone knows the book and  whether it follows any of Peter Janney's speculation that MPM may have turned on JFK to LSD?

You know, I never answered your first question, Matthew.  Bibi Gaston's book does not 'follow' anything.  She doesn't talk about any of that 'speculation'.

Her book on Gifford Pinchot is a nice read as well.  Hoping you have a positive vibe for the next year+