Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Expectations  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Expectations
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2022, 01:23:24 AM »
Advertisement

:D

Do you also agree with her “proof”?   ???
Her intuition, if we're going with this explanation, also led her to say that Oswald should have been given a state funeral at Arlington National Cemetery because he killed an obviously sick JFK and saved the country. I mean let's all go to la-la land with Momma Marguerite.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2022, 01:23:24 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2022, 01:41:22 AM »
Her intuition, if we're going with this explanation, also led her to say that Oswald should have been given a state funeral at Arlington National Cemetery because he killed an obviously sick JFK and saved the country. I mean let's all go to la-la land with Momma Marguerite.

Let’s….  ;D

In the next paragraph Robert Oswald continues with:

“She was convinced right after Jack Ruby’s death that Ruby was not dead. False reports about his illness were circulated deliberately, she told me, to give the government an excuse to remove him from jail. Then he was taken to a hospital and false reports about his decline and death were issued. Another man’s body was buried in Ruby’s grave, she said, and Ruby himself was then freed to complete his next assignment - perhaps another assassination.”

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 01:50:04 AM »
Quote from: Charles Collin
Do you also agree with her “proof”?   ???

She never claimed on the record to have "proof" but I agree with her circumstantial evidence that she cited in the article below. How gullible do you have to be to think that he learned Russian in the Marines on his own, was allowed to leave the Marines for a superficial reason, and paid for his trip to Russia on his own?   

She admitted that her opinion was based on circumstantial evidence:

"I testified to the fact that I could not prove Lee was a United States agent, but that I thought he was. That I had as much circumstantial evidence that Lee was an agent for the U.S. government as the Dallas Police had that he killed President Kennedy. And I do, I can build a case on it. -

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/O%20Disk/Oswald%20Marguerite%20C/Item%2023.pdf

In the same article, she mentioned that she began suspecting that Lee was an intelligence agent when he went to Russia. That’s the context that you left out of your original post…

"We do know Oswald had intelligence connections. Everywhere you look with him, there are fingerprints of intelligence."

~Senator Richard Schweiker, The Village Voice, 1975

« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 03:12:09 AM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 01:50:04 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2022, 04:26:30 PM »
She never claimed on the record to have "proof" but I agree with her circumstantial evidence that she cited in the article below. How gullible do you have to be to think that he learned Russian in the Marines on his own, was allowed to leave the Marines for a superficial reason, and paid for his trip to Russia on his own?   

She admitted that her opinion was based on circumstantial evidence:

"I testified to the fact that I could not prove Lee was a United States agent, but that I thought he was. That I had as much circumstantial evidence that Lee was an agent for the U.S. government as the Dallas Police had that he killed President Kennedy. And I do, I can build a case on it. -

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/O%20Disk/Oswald%20Marguerite%20C/Item%2023.pdf

In the same article, she mentioned that she began suspecting that Lee was an intelligence agent when he went to Russia. That’s the context that you left out of your original post…

"We do know Oswald had intelligence connections. Everywhere you look with him, there are fingerprints of intelligence."

~Senator Richard Schweiker, The Village Voice, 1975

How gullible do you have to be to believe that the opinions, suspicions, conjecture, and innuendo are more than just what they are? It’s been over 59-years now, where’s the evidence?

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2022, 05:38:59 PM »

How gullible do you have to be to believe that the opinions, suspicions, conjecture, and innuendo are more than just what they are? It’s been over 59-years now, where’s the evidence?

She was right that there’s a circumstantial evidence based case to be made around the idea that LHO was an intelligence asset. Short of documentary evidence, we’ll never know for certain.

The CIA can easily debunk the legitimate suspicions that she and others have by allowing all the files related to Oswald to be declassified.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2022, 05:38:59 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2022, 08:29:10 PM »
Interesting how the LN-faithful are all about weak, circumstantial, speculation-based arguments for their own orthodoxy.

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2022, 03:00:43 PM »

Marguerite had “proof.” According to Robert Oswald (page 216 of “Lee”):

“Naturally, she said, governments always deny that any secret agent is a secret agent, and therefore the State Department’s refusal to admit that Lee was on a secret mission proves that he was.”

That none of her three children wanted her at the Thanksgiving get together in 1962 and didn’t tell her about it or invite her speaks volumes to me.

A necessary component of any baseless conspiracy claim is that the inability to prove their theory is due to a coverup by the government.  A Catch 22.  The conspiracy is unprovable due to the conspiracy.  In fact, the cover up (i.e. lack of evidence) is actually proof of the conspiracy. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2022, 03:00:43 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2022, 03:39:49 PM »
A necessary component of any baseless conspiracy claim is that the inability to prove their theory is due to a coverup by the government.  A Catch 22.  The conspiracy is unprovable due to the conspiracy.  In fact, the cover up (i.e. lack of evidence) is actually proof of the conspiracy.

Not all JFK conspiracy theories point the finger at the US government. In fact, there are a number of retired CIA agents who speculate that Castro was involved with Oswald.

And of course, there are lots of CT'ers who point the finger at the Mafia.

So you're wrong again.