Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: David Lifton has died  (Read 7372 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: David Lifton has died
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2022, 06:02:54 PM »
Advertisement
Isn't it far easier to just kill the President and split town instead of setting up Oswald (how could they be sure he wouldn't be in someone's company at 12:30 PM?) and stealing/altering the body?
They wanted to frame a pro-Castro assassin to justify an invasion of Cuba. Sure, they then investigated the assassination and cleared Cuba/Castro of any role - thereby removing the reason/justification or purpose of the entire conspiracy - but let's not sweat the details. It's conspiracy thinking; it doesn't have to make sense, be logical; it just has to promote a conspiracy.

How about this alternative? Plant the rifle and shells in front of where JFK was located? Frame Oswald as being behind the fence. Then you don't have to change everything.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2022, 06:02:54 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2022, 06:24:15 PM »
They wanted to frame a pro-Castro assassin to justify an invasion of Cuba. Sure, they then investigated the assassination and cleared Cuba/Castro of any role - thereby removing the reason/justification or purpose of the entire conspiracy - but let's not sweat the details. It's conspiracy thinking; it doesn't have to make sense, be logical; it just has to promote a conspiracy.

How about this alternative? Plant the rifle and shells in front of where JFK was located? Frame Oswald as being behind the fence. Then you don't have to change everything.

They wanted to frame a pro-Castro assassin to justify an invasion of Cuba.

Who are "they" and how in the world would you know what "they" wanted to do?

Some witnesses said they heard shots coming from more than one direction. How do you work that into your "alternative"?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2022, 06:25:16 PM »
We should start numbering the bad LN arguments.

“The conspiracy that I just dreamed up in my head would never do this thing I just made up and attributed to conspiracy theorists, therefore Oswald did it”.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2022, 06:25:16 PM »

Offline Sean Kneringer

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2022, 06:45:24 PM »
Who are "they" and how in the world would you know what "they" wanted to do?

Unnamed "rogue elements."  >:(

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2022, 09:28:56 PM »
  Sad news to learn David has passed. I interviewed him on the phone in 1986. At the time I was bewildered why Sylvia Meagher was so angry with him and Lifton didn't really know why. He admonished me for stressing the importance of the Secret Service speed limit but I felt the president was extremely vulnerable particularly since there were so many threats. There were some important discoveries in "Best Evidence" but I don't agree with everything David said over the years. I respect his research and tenacity greatly and he is rightly venerated as one of the most important critics of the laughable conclusions of the government. Hoping his finale, "Final Charade," is published soon.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2022, 09:28:56 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2022, 12:59:06 AM »
Word is that Lifton lost the manuscript in a computer crash.