Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: X Marks The Spot  (Read 7549 times)

Offline Zeon Mason

Re: X Marks The Spot
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2022, 07:02:13 AM »
Advertisement
That’s a reasonable possibility Mr.Smith, except that Oswald could have still stuck the pistol thru the open vent window and shot Tippet as soon as it was apparent to Oswald that Tippet was suspicious by whatever Oswald might have said.

So it could be maybe the timing. Oswald (or other man) said something that caused Tippet such insult  that he opened his door so quickly that Oswald did not have time to pull out his pistol and fit it thru  the vent window( which was probably not open all the way enough anyway)

He might have also envisioned that Tippet might hit the gas and move the car suddenly before the man could get his pistol fit thru the vent window or would get his arm/hand stuck in the vent and be dragged down the street.

Id better stop now before I turn myself into an LN 😳

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2022, 07:02:13 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2022, 05:32:35 PM »
That’s a reasonable possibility Mr.Smith, except that Oswald could have still stuck the pistol thru the open vent window and shot Tippet as soon as it was apparent to Oswald that Tippet was suspicious by whatever Oswald might have said.

So it could be maybe the timing. Oswald (or other man) said something that caused Tippet such insult  that he opened his door so quickly that Oswald did not have time to pull out his pistol and fit it thru  the vent window( which was probably not open all the way enough anyway)

He might have also envisioned that Tippet might hit the gas and move the car suddenly before the man could get his pistol fit thru the vent window or would get his arm/hand stuck in the vent and be dragged down the street.

Oswald was hoping to bull his way out of the situation without shooting Tippit.  Killing a police officer in broad daylight was something that was going to draw attention to him.  He wasn't going to do it unless there was no other option.  Once Tippit starts to exit the car, Oswald realizes that didn't work and he is not going to risk that he has already been identified as a suspect in the JFK assassination.  So he kills Tippit while he still has element of surprise.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2022, 05:54:31 PM »
Oswald was hoping to bull his way out of the situation without shooting Tippit.  Killing a police officer in broad daylight was something that was going to draw attention to him.  He wasn't going to do it unless there was no other option.  Once Tippit starts to exit the car, Oswald realizes that didn't work and he is not going to risk that he has already been identified as a suspect in the JFK assassination.  So he kills Tippit while he still has element of surprise.

Another piece of speculation is that Tippit noticed a bulge around the right side of LHO’s belt line. And Tippit suspected that LHO was carrying a gun. After all, it was said that Tippit’s gun was found under him and out of it’s holster. So, it appears that Tippit had drawn his gun. And even if it wasn’t apparent to Tippit that LHO had that bulge, LHO couldn’t take a chance on being frisked and having the revolver discovered. That would most likely mean a detention for carrying a concealed firearm. And LHO had to know that it was just a matter of a short time before he became a suspect in the JFK assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2022, 05:54:31 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2022, 08:49:23 PM »
Oswald was hoping to bull his way out of the situation without shooting Tippit.

The only person trying to bull his way out of a situation is "Richard".

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2022, 02:29:56 AM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2022, 02:29:56 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2022, 01:53:24 PM »
LOL @ Mr.Brown inferring that the LN/WC version of reality is due to the “dark side of the force”.

Although I greatly respect Mr.Brown as one of the most knowledgeable persons on the JFK forum , I must respectfully decline any offer to be instructed in the ways of the dark force (upon advice from Yoda the Great CT). ⭐️