Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CE 143  (Read 7926 times)

Online Charles Collins

CE 143
« on: October 21, 2022, 11:33:47 PM »
Advertisement
Here's a couple of items that I noticed recently in a photo of LHO's arrest at the Texas Theater. First, Bob K. Carroll is holding the pistol by the cylinder, with the back of the grip area facing the camera, in his right hand (see yellow circle). Also, LHO is sporting a dark spot on his right side of his bare midsection. This dark spot appears to me to be where I would expect the pistol to have rubbed against him while he was walking/running with the pistol tucked in his belt. I don't think that I would be the first to notice these items, but I don't remember ever seeing them mentioned anywhere.

And here is a photo of a man identified as Bob K. Carroll at the DPD headquarters. He is behind LHO and the only one looking at the camera.

Bob Carroll said he grabbed the pistol during the subduing of LHO in the theater. They wasted no time in taking him out of the theater and whisking him away in the DPD car. It appears to me (in the photo in front of the theater) that Bob Carroll is probably still holding the pistol the way he grabbed it in the theater...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 11:29:30 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

CE 143
« on: October 21, 2022, 11:33:47 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: CE 143
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 11:49:17 PM »
Here's a couple of items that I noticed recently in a photo of LHO's arrest at the Texas Theater. First, Bob K. Caroll is holding the pistol by the cylinder, with the back of the grip area facing the camera, in his right hand (see yellow circle). Also, LHO is sporting a dark spot on his right side of his bare midsection. This dark spot appears to me to be where I would expect the pistol to have rubbed against him while he was walking/running with the pistol tucked in his belt. I don't think that I would be the first to notice these items, but I don't remember ever seeing them mentioned anywhere.

And here is a photo of a man identified as Bob K. Caroll at the DPD headquarters. He is behind LHO and the only one looking at the camera.

Bob Caroll said he grabbed the pistol during the subduing of LHO in the theater. They wasted no time in taking him out of the theater and whisking him away in the DPD car. It appears to me that Bob Caroll is probably still holding the pistol the way he grabbed it in the theater...

Bob Caroll said he grabbed the pistol during the subduing of LHO in the theater.

True, but IIRC he also said that he didn't know who was holding that revolver at that time.

It appears to me that Bob Caroll is probably still holding the pistol the way he grabbed it in the theater...

Nope. Caroll testified that he gave the revolver to Hill when they got into the car

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 11:25:56 AM »

This photo shows LHO to have had bushy hair. This is in line with Helen Markhams identification.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 11:25:56 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 11:47:12 AM »
This photo shows LHO to have had bushy hair. This is in line with Helen Markhams identification.

Was Oswald already roughed up when Markham saw Tippit's killer or did that happen afterwards, at the Texas Theater?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 02:08:12 PM »
And Reed's next photo appears to me to show Bob K. Carroll (yellow circle) finally looking down at the gun that he grabbed inside the theater.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 02:08:12 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 12:14:15 PM »
Mr. WALKER. McDonald's right hand as he was searching, and he felt of his pocket, and Oswald then hit him, it appeared, with his left hand first, and then with his right hand. They was scuffling there, and Officer Hutson and I ran toward the back of Oswald and Hutson threw his arm around his neck, and I grabbed his left arm, and we threw him back over the seat. At this time I didn't see any gun that was involved. I don't know whether we pulled Oswald away from McDonald for a split second or what, but he was thrown back against the seat, and then the next thing I saw, Oswald's hand was down on the gun in his belt there, and McDonald had came forward again and was holding his, Oswald's hand.
Mr. BELIN. When you saw Oswald's hand by his belt, which hand did you see by his belt?
Mr. WALKER. I saw his right hand. I had his left hand, you see.
Mr. BELIN. When you saw Oswald's hand by his belt, which hand did you see then?
Mr. WALKER. He had ahold of the handle of it.
Mr. BELIN. Handle of what?
Mr. WALKER. The revolver.
Mr. BELIN. Was there a revolver there?
Mr. WALKER. Yes; there was.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 01:54:51 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 01:54:51 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 04:04:50 PM »
Mr. HUTSON. McDonald was at this time simultaneously trying to hold this person's right hand. Somehow this person moved his right hand to his waist, and I saw a revolver come out, and McDonald was holding on to it with his right hand, and this gun was waving up toward the back of the seat like this.
Mr. BELIN. Now you had your left hand, or was it McDonald's left hand, on the suspect's right hand?
Mr. HUTSON. McDonald was using both of his hands to hold onto this person's right hand.