Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Re: Motorcycle Policeman Hargis said Limo stopped !  (Read 40082 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

Re: Motorcycle Policeman Hargis said Limo stopped !
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2018, 06:01:30 AM »
Advertisement

Now, as to Zapruder thinking there were frames missing, is that something he said, or something someone said he said?

Yes when someone says something quote worthy you generally need someone to hear it

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2018, 06:01:30 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2018, 07:50:51 AM »
Yes when someone says something quote worthy you generally need someone to hear it

...Yet, people seem to be unable to quote it. Or is this one of those coy acts where the underlying meaning is "I don't really know?"

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »
...Yet, people seem to be unable to quote it. Or is this one of those coy acts where the underlying meaning is "I don't really know?"

I guess your changing your tune It is OK now if he said it to someone else I just need to find it

You seem to imply some kind that I have an agenda or some character problem by the fact I quote a claim that is commonly refereed to Pardon me if I have not run down all these stories in advance. Apparently this provides you fodder for personal attack

so yes a quick look turns up nothing Not an issue I am especially concerned with anyway

Zapruders observations and recollections are of no more significance that anyone else that observed the assassination He of course has some pretty interesting connections. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:40:31 PM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2018, 06:17:26 AM »
I guess your changing your tune It is OK now if he said it to someone else I just need to find it

You seem to imply some kind that I have an agenda or some character problem by the fact I quote a claim that is commonly refereed to Pardon me if I have not run down all these stories in advance. Apparently this provides you fodder for personal attack

so yes a quick look turns up nothing Not an issue I am especially concerned with anyway

I wondered if you didn't really know whether Zapruder really said that frames were missing from his film (as opposed to someone else saying he said it), and were playing coy about admitting it. At least you came out and admitted it the second time.

Zapruders observations and recollections are of no more significance that anyone else that observed the assassination He of course has some pretty interesting connections.

So, it's down to six degrees of Abraham Zapruder then?

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »
?Motorcade Cop Tells How It Happened,? Sunday News (New York), 24 November 1963, p.25:

Dallas, Nov. 23 (Special)
- B. W. Hargis, 31, Dallas motorcycle patrolman who was riding
in President Kennedy?s motorcade, gave this account today of the assassination:

?We turned left onto Elm St. off Houston, about half a block from where it happened. I was
right alongside the rear fender on the left hand side of the President?s car, near Mrs. Kennedy.

When I heard the first explosion, I knew it was a shot. I thought that Gov. Connally had been
hit when I saw him turn toward the President with a real surprised look.

The President then looked like he was bent over or that he was leaning toward the Governor, talking to him.

As the President straightened back up, Mrs. Kennedy turned toward him, and that was when he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around.

I was splattered with blood.

Then I felt something hit me. It could have been concrete or something, but I thought at first I might have been hit.

Then I saw the limousine stop, and I parked my motorcycle at the side of the road, got off and drew my gun.

Then this Secret Service agent (in the President?s car) got his wits about him and they took off. The
motorcycle officer on the right side of the car was Jim Chaney. He immediately went forward and announced to the chief that the President had been shot.?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2018, 12:30:37 AM »
?Motorcade Cop Tells How It Happened,? Sunday News (New York), 24 November 1963, p.25:

Dallas, Nov. 23 (Special)
- B. W. Hargis, 31, Dallas motorcycle patrolman who was riding
in President Kennedy?s motorcade, gave this account today of the assassination:

?We turned left onto Elm St. off Houston, about half a block from where it happened. I was
right alongside the rear fender on the left hand side of the President?s car, near Mrs. Kennedy.

When I heard the first explosion, I knew it was a shot. I thought that Gov. Connally had been
hit when I saw him turn toward the President with a real surprised look.

The President then looked like he was bent over or that he was leaning toward the Governor, talking to him.

As the President straightened back up, Mrs. Kennedy turned toward him, and that was when he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around.

I was splattered with blood.

Then I felt something hit me. It could have been concrete or something, but I thought at first I might have been hit.

Then I saw the limousine stop, and I parked my motorcycle at the side of the road, got off and drew my gun.

Then this Secret Service agent (in the President?s car) got his wits about him and they took off. The
motorcycle officer on the right side of the car was Jim Chaney. He immediately went forward and announced to the chief that the President had been shot.?

Alvarez first noted the sudden deceleration of the limousine a long long time ago. As early as the mid-'60's in fact. You can see it in the panoramic Zapruder remix that someone did and put on youtube a while back.

ss100x doesn't stop, but it does slow wayyyyyy down.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2018, 04:19:08 AM »
Greer never braked.

The mayors wife said the whole motorcade hit the brakes.
A few other things too.

From the testimony of Mrs Earle Cabell

Mr. HUBERT. Please state your name for the record, please, ma'am.
Mr. CABELL. Mrs. Earle Cabell.
Mr. HUBERT. You are the wife of former Mayor Earle Cabell?
Mr. CABELL. Yes.
Mr. HUBERT. You reside with him now at what address?
Mr. CABELL. 5338 Drane.
Mr. HUBERT. Mrs. Cabell, I think you were with your husband in the presidential parade on November 22, 1963?
Mr. CABELL. That's right.

Apparently, the stenographer [for some reason] typed in Mr instead of Mrs on this deposition

Mr. CABELL. Because I heard the direction from which the shot came, and I just jerked my head up.
Mr. HUBERT. What did you see?
Mr. CABELL. I saw a projection out of one of those windows. Those windows on the sixth floor are in groups of twos.
Mr. HUBERT. In which window did you see the projection?
Mr. CABELL. I have always been a little confused about that, but I think it was the first window.
Mr. HUBERT. On what floor?
Mr. CABELL. On the top floor. Now I cannot take oath and say which window. There was some confusion in my mind.
Mr. HUBERT. But you say there were double windows. Is the confusion about whether it was the first or second double window, or the first or second window of the double windows?
Mr. CABELL. The first or second window of the first group of double windows.
Mr. HUBERT. What was this projection?
Mr. CABELL. I cannot tell you. It was rather long looking, the projection.
Mr. HUBERT. What did it seem like? An arm of an individual, or something mechanical?
Mr. CABELL. I did not know, because I did not see a hand or a head or a human form behind it. It was in just a fleeting second that I jerked my head up and I saw something in that window, and I turned around to say to Earle, "Earle, it is a shot", and before I got the words out, just as I got the words out, he said, "Oh, no; it must have been a "the second two shots rang out. After that, there is a certain amount of confusion in my mind. I was acutely aware of the odor of gunpowder. I was aware that the motorcade stopped dead still. There was no question about that.
Mr. HUBERT. You also mentioned that you were acutely aware of the smell of gunpowder?
Mr. CABELL. Yes.
Mr. HUBERT. When was that relative to the shots? I mean how soon after?
Mr. CABELL. I cannot say for sure, because as I told you, the motorcade was stopped. And somewhere in there, Congressman Roberts said, "That is a .30-06." I didn't know what a .30-06 was.
Mr. HUBERT. Did he say that after all the shots were fired?
Mr. CABELL. I believe so. There was much confusion.

Mrs Cabell had an acute sense of smell it seems.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2018, 04:19:08 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2018, 05:47:18 PM »
I wondered if you didn't really know whether Zapruder really said that frames were missing from his film (as opposed to someone else saying he said it), and were playing coy about admitting it. At least you came out and admitted it the second time.

So, it's down to six degrees of Abraham Zapruder then?

Is it your suggestion that I knew there was no supporting evidence for the quote attributed to Zapruder that once hew started filming he did not stop and simply came clean when you caught me?