Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tucker Carlson on the Kennedy Assassination  (Read 10028 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Tucker Carlson on the Kennedy Assassination
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2023, 07:43:07 PM »
Advertisement
I agree HOWEVER, throughout the Trump years, mainstream media outlets were burned by sources that they deemed "credible" dozens of times.

Hence why I continue to say that they shouldn't "rely" on anonymous sources. Sometimes those sources are wrong. Sometimes they intentionally lie.

Former MI-6 spy, Christopher Steele was considered a "credible" intelligence source by the FBI and the mainstream media until he was discredited by the FBI's Inspector General.

What he said about Jolly West and Jack Ruby is 100% true.

Without knowing who Tucker's CIA source is, I can't treat his claim about the classified documents as credible. But I give Tucker credit for at least addressing the issue of potential CIA involvement in the Kennedy assassination and/or the coverup.
I mostly agree with your observation about the lack of skepticism by the media in uncritically reporting damaging allegations about Trump, about the alleged collusion, the Steele Dossier, the Hunter laptop story, and other matters. You don't have to be a Trump supporter - I'm certainly not one - to recognize that a lot of the media, for ratings reasons and for political ones, were repeating allegations without fully or even partially vetting them.

I don't think that was due to any sympathy towards the FBI or CIA; it was due to their dislike of Trump and to feed their audience. Sure, Carlson feeds his viewers what they want to hear but he's an opinion host. We had supposed straight reporters on the other networks promoting these stories without any skepticism at all. CNN was the worst at this.

But, again, I don't see any pro-national security state type motivation behind this. Which is why I don't see any relationship to these latest claims about the CIA and the JFK assassination. There's nothing there. If there was some serious revelations about the CIA being involved I'm sure they would jump on it. The fact that they may be too close to the CIA today doesn't mean they would defend the CIA of 60 years ago.

What's to report, Jon? Morley's claims? Based on what? He makes a lot of very specious allegations that are based on little more than his imagination. He throws out a lot of claims - Joannides here and AMSPELL there and Veciana over here and Operation Northwoods there - and to people not versed on the matter it sounds like there's something of significance. But there isn't. Or at least he hasn't presented any evidence of one; it's why he's asking for the release of Joannides files. As I said before, I can't see any reason why Angleton/CI would want to embarrass the FPCC in New Orleans using Oswald. For what purpose? Oswald? The FPCC's support was in the north, in New York and other cities with liberal communities (the late Norman Mailer was a member). Why do this where it had no support?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 10:29:42 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2023, 07:43:07 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2023, 08:45:08 PM »
I don't see any pro-national security state type motivation behind this.

Are you saying that you don't believe there are current or former intelligence and/or military officials who believe there was a conspiracy and coverup in the JFK assassination? I can think of several off the top of my head.

I don't know of any who have publicly pointed the finger directly at the CIA but most of the few individuals that I'm thinking of acknowledge that there was an intelligence coverup and probable conspiracy in the Kennedy assassination (some of them point the finger at Castro).

How numerous those types are or how common that sort of speculation is within the national security community, I have no idea. But it doesn't seem far-fetched that Tucker, who was raised in a wealthy politically connected family and has friends in the Intelligence Community, would know an insider or two who would tell him that.

Which is why, despite my skepticism, I'm not going to assume that Tucker is lying. He or his source could be wrong but it doesn't mean Tucker made the whole thing up. Until Tucker provides more than hearsay from an anonymous source, I don't think anyone should view Tucker's allegation as credible.

But I still think the fact that the allegation was made on a prime time cable TV show (one of the highest rated prime time cable news shows) is as newsworthy as Tucker's unfounded allegation in 2021 about the NSA spying on him. The mainstream media covered Tucker's NSA allegation in-depth back in 2021 but crickets from them in 2022 after his CIA-JFK claim. 

Which is why I don't see any relationship to these latest claims about the CIA and the JFK assassination. There's nothing there. If there was some serious revelations about the CIA being involved I'm sure they would jump on it. The fact that they may be too close to the CIA today doesn't mean they would defend the CIA of 60 years ago.

I'm NOT sure that they would given the fact that the mainstream media often ignores or buries scandals involving the CIA. Not just JFK assassination related stories. I can think of a number of other embarrassing and scandalous stories about the CIA in the last decade or so that were buried in the news headlines. How many Americans know about the CIA's death squads in Afghanistan and Syria? Or the CIA getting caught spying on the Senate's torture investigations? The most recent scandal that I'm aware of was the revelation that the CIA, under director Mike Pompeo, plotted to kill or assassinate Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks. The information about the plot originated from a case in a Spanish court involving one of the contractors the CIA used to spy on Assange but 30 former CIA officials confirmed aspects of the allegation. Outside of Yahoo News, I don't think any major news outlets in the US covered that story.

Link - https://news.yahoo.com/cia-pitched-trump-officials-plans-130727657.html

Is the mainstream Press making a judgement that the public doesn't care about holding the CIA accountable? Or are they intentionally burying those types of stories for "other" reasons? It's difficult to know why they do it but it's a familiar pattern now.

Hence why I have doubts that they would seriously cover any credible JFK assassination news unless they were forced to in the event that a "Smoking Gun" surfaces.

What's to report, Jon? Morley's claims? Based on what?

You seem to be giving these intelligence agencies the benefit of the doubt, which is fine but I believe Morley is a good faith actor who is just seeking the truth. And I appreciate his effort to keep this stuff in the news in the mainstream Press. Morley is a Liberal, anti-Trump guy so moderate and liberal media will be more receptive to him than Tucker Carlson.

I don't assume that the secrecy proves that the CIA was involved with the plot against JFK. But they're running out of excuses for not making public the files that Morley has requested. I also don't think it's fair to call people "conspiracy theorists" or "crazies" for demanding that the files be declassified after almost 60 years.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 09:52:20 PM by Jon Banks »