Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Jack Ruby was hit by the car…  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Jack Ruby was hit by the car…
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2022, 03:20:54 PM »
Advertisement

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Joe Elliott, in his two posts in this thread, is just kidding around and having a little fun at the expense of overly dramatic conspiracy theorists.

Aren't you, Joe?

Anyway, I think Joe has probably got his tongue in his cheek in this discussion. Because to think that this news about Jack Ruby's leg just barely getting grazed by the barely-moving police car is (to quote Joe Elliott) "the most surprising fact about the case that I have ever heard at this forum, or any JFK forum" is a statement that seems a tad bit over the top....don't you think?

My first post was quite serious. Ruby being bumped by a car while killing Oswald was something I had not heard of before and I do find this interesting. I am surprised that this was not more generally known. Certainly not be me.

In my second post, I wasn't pretending to be a CTer. I was merely pointing out, that if there was a Large-Secret-Enduring conspiracy to murder JFK, that if large portions of the Dallas Police were trying to kill Oswald, it would have been an incredible foul up for the car being used to pick up Oswald to bump into the hitman, Ruby. To bump Ruby aside almost before he could bump off Oswald. Of course, I don't believe that.

Clearly, the police were nervous about the transfer of Oswald. They wished their supervisor had not told the press in advance. Which he did because the press pressured him about Oswald's black eye and it would look bad if the police didn't do everything involving Oswald in secretive ways. Of course, they should move Oswald in secretive ways. That was a mistake.

But, under the circumstances, they did the best they could. The tried to move in a car to pick up Oswald as soon as they could. But the press was in the way of the car and didn't want to budge so they won't miss any photo opportunities. And the presence of so many suit wearing press allowed Ruby, who usually wore a suit and did so that day, to blend in. The car got into position just a couple of seconds too late, but still managed to bump Ruby.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2022, 03:20:54 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2022, 06:36:25 PM »
My first post was quite serious. Ruby being bumped by a car while killing Oswald was something I had not heard of before and I do find this interesting. I am surprised that this was not more generally known. Certainly not be me.

In my second post, I wasn't pretending to be a CTer. I was merely pointing out, that if there was a Large-Secret-Enduring conspiracy to murder JFK, that if large portions of the Dallas Police were trying to kill Oswald, it would have been an incredible foul up for the car being used to pick up Oswald to bump into the hitman, Ruby. To bump Ruby aside almost before he could bump off Oswald. Of course, I don't believe that.

Clearly, the police were nervous about the transfer of Oswald. They wished their supervisor had not told the press in advance. Which he did because the press pressured him about Oswald's black eye and it would look bad if the police didn't do everything involving Oswald in secretive ways. Of course, they should move Oswald in secretive ways. That was a mistake.

But, under the circumstances, they did the best they could. The tried to move in a car to pick up Oswald as soon as they could. But the press was in the way of the car and didn't want to budge so they won't miss any photo opportunities. And the presence of so many suit wearing press allowed Ruby, who usually wore a suit and did so that day, to blend in. The car got into position just a couple of seconds too late, but still managed to bump Ruby.

Yes, it is quite surprising that this gets practically no attention. And it is exciting to learn something about the events that you didn’t know beforehand. There aren’t a lot of ramifications from this incident because Ruby apparently reacted quickly enough to keep from getting significantly injured. But, your points are certainly valid and I believe they are something that people should consider.

Another, unrelated, point that people seem to rarely consider is: Why would someone who is planning to assassinate JFK leave a note for Hosty at the Dallas FBI headquarters shortly before the assassination attempt? This would tend to bring attention to himself, and that attention is not something that I think he would want (if he was planning the assassination). Just some food for thought…

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2022, 01:00:17 AM »

Thanks for the explanation, Joe. I hope you don't think I was trying to be rude by asking you whether you were 100% serious about this issue.

I guess maybe this news about Ruby getting bumped by the car fender doesn't affect me as much here in 2022 because it's something I had noticed years ago---and is something I've even mentioned in some of my online posts over the years, including this 2014 discussion.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 01:10:41 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2022, 01:00:17 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2022, 01:09:09 AM »
Another, unrelated, point that people seem to rarely consider is: Why would someone who is planning to assassinate JFK leave a note for Hosty at the Dallas FBI headquarters shortly before the assassination attempt? This would tend to bring attention to himself, and that attention is not something that I think he would want (if he was planning the assassination). Just some food for thought…

I agree with you 100% on this point, Charles. I said the very same thing 13 years ago:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/james-hosty.html

(What's that they say about great minds thinking alike?)  ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 01:14:47 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2022, 01:34:07 AM »
I noticed this recently. The West and East slabs of the Triple Underpass Bridge differ in height.

The streets under the bridge slope downwards east-to-west about 1°. You can't assume too much about the assassination.

The HSCA and many researchers relied on a limousine drawing that was very inaccurate. Andrew Mason first told me about it, and we both began work on improving the drawing. In the end, at least in my estimation, Thomas Canning's relative position of Kennedy to Connally survived. Canning, because the limo drawing erroneously had the backseat width somewhat narrowed, unknowingly placed both men equally a few inches towards the midline of the car than they actually were.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2022, 01:34:07 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2022, 11:21:13 AM »
I noticed this recently. The West and East slabs of the Triple Underpass Bridge differ in height.

The streets under the bridge slope downwards east-to-west about 1°. You can't assume too much about the assassination.

The HSCA and many researchers relied on a limousine drawing that was very inaccurate. Andrew Mason first told me about it, and we both began work on improving the drawing. In the end, at least in my estimation, Thomas Canning's relative position of Kennedy to Connally survived. Canning, because the limo drawing erroneously had the backseat width somewhat narrowed, unknowingly placed both men equally a few inches towards the midline of the car than they actually were.

Assumptions are risky no matter what. I think that most of us make too many assumptions about all kinds of things in life. But I agree that when it comes to the JFK assassination assumptions are especially risky.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2022, 07:06:41 PM »
I don’t remember who found it (it was someone on this forum though), but there is what appears to be the long paper bag (rifle size) laying, unfolded, on top of the boxes surrounding the sniper’s nest in one of the (I believe DPD) photos. You have to zoom in on the tops of the boxes to see it. I thought this was significant because before that discovery I think that there was not a known photo of that bag on the sixth floor of the TSBD.

Charles, I'd like to see this.  Any chance you have more info?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2022, 07:06:41 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2022, 08:33:01 PM »
Charles, I'd like to see this.  Any chance you have more info?

I will look for it Bill. If I remember correctly, it is one of the DPD photos that shows the boxes surrounding the sniper’s nest from a distance. It is from the north (looking south). And what appears to be the bag can be seen on top of the boxes.