Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Jack Ruby was hit by the car…  (Read 4644 times)

Online Charles Collins

Jack Ruby was hit by the car…
« on: September 26, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »
Advertisement
A number of years ago (well over two, iirc) I argued that I thought Ruby was hit by the police car backing in to pick up LHO. I don’t remember anyone exactly agreeing with me on this. Anyway, here is a link to a very high quality video that I found on DVP’s YouTube channel (posted about two years ago) that I think clearly shows that I was correct…

Thanks DVP!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 04:14:40 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

Jack Ruby was hit by the car…
« on: September 26, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »

Offline Steve Barber

Re: Jack Ruby was hit by the car…
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 05:52:06 PM »
A number of years ago (well over two, iirc) I argued that I thought Ruby was hit by the police car backing in to pick up LHO. I don’t remember anyone exactly agreeing with me on this. Anyway, here is a link to a very high quality video that I found on DVP’s YouTube channel (posted about two years ago) that I think clearly shows that I was correct…

Thanks DVP!

I , for one, noticed this years and years ago, but never thought it was worth mentioning since it adds nothing to the "case", so yes, you are correct.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 06:50:52 PM »
  I , for one, noticed this years and years ago, but never thought it was worth mentioning since it adds nothing to the "case", so yes, you are correct.

Thanks Steve, coming from you, it means a lot. One of the previous arguments against Ruby being hit by the car (iirc) involved the idea that Ruby was lunging towards LHO in an effort to continue his attack. To me it appears that the impact of the car with Ruby actually created most of the “lunge”. Perhaps Ruby also instinctively jumped out of the way after feeling the impact. But, after seeing the high quality video, I don’t think that I could believe that the car never hit Ruby.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 06:50:52 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 07:39:56 PM »

never thought it was worth mentioning since it adds nothing to the "case",

And that's just what 99.9% of the viewers would say....   

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 08:11:00 PM »
Thanks Steve, coming from you, it means a lot. One of the previous arguments against Ruby being hit by the car (iirc) involved the idea that Ruby was lunging towards LHO in an effort to continue his attack. To me it appears that the impact of the car with Ruby actually created most of the “lunge”. Perhaps Ruby also instinctively jumped out of the way after feeling the impact. But, after seeing the high quality video, I don’t think that I could believe that the car never hit Ruby.

You're welcome, Charles, and thank you, as well.  One of the first things I noticed was the bottom of Ruby's suit coat can be seen covering the tail light, and the very obvious knee bend.  Just think...had the driver of the car been there a fraction of a second sooner, Ruby would've probably missed his intended target, and Oswald would've stood trial, but as with all things JFK, it just didn't turn out that way. :^(

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 08:11:00 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 09:13:54 PM »
  You're welcome, Charles, and thank you, as well.  One of the first things I noticed was the bottom of Ruby's suit coat can be seen covering the tail light, and the very obvious knee bend.  Just think...had the driver of the car been there a fraction of a second sooner, Ruby would've probably missed his intended target, and Oswald would've stood trial, but as with all things JFK, it just didn't turn out that way. :^(

Yes, the “what ifs” in this case are numerous. So many of them favoring LHO, until Tippit stopped him. And LHO finally ran out of luck completely when Ruby came along…

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 09:19:39 PM »
never thought it was worth mentioning since it adds nothing to the "case",

And that's just what 99.9% of the viewers would say....

It appears to me that it at least threw Jack Ruby off balance and therefore made it easier for the other officers to get Ruby on the floor and disarm him very quickly. Who knows who else might have been inadvertently wounded or killed if Ruby had been able to stay upright and fight them with his gun still in hand.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 09:19:39 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 02:22:17 AM »

. . .

Wow. Wow. I think you are correct. This has got to be one of the most major 'facts' of this case that is not (or up till now, was not) generally known even among people interested in this history, including the people on this forum.

I call it a 'fact' with quotes because there are no absolute facts in this world. Maybe the car barely missed touching him, but I doubt it.

This is the most surprising fact about the case that I have ever heard at this forum, or any JFK forum. At least nothing comes to my mind. Unlike most 'facts' presented at this forum, like Oswald is seen in the Altgens's photo in front of the TSBD building, this fact is both very interesting and very likely true. Most facts brought to light on this forum are either almost certainly false, or not that interesting. An excellent observation.

If the police and Ruby were all conspiring to kill Oswald, this has to be one the all time screw ups in the history of conspiracies. Having the police driver of the car, possibly 'pretending' he was trying to pick up Oswald, actually hitting the hitman. It would rank right up there with the a part of the police force trying to kill Oswald ended up arresting him in the theater instead.

Question:

If anyone has a 'fact' that was ever first (perhaps) presented on this forum that was:

* as interesting
* very likely true
* not generally known to people at this forum

let's hear what it is.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 02:36:26 AM by Joe Elliott »