Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Remains of Bonnie Ray  (Read 8789 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Remains of Bonnie Ray
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 04:05:09 PM »
Advertisement
No, he didn't.  As usual, you don't understand.  Walt suggests that a photo of the event is the only way to prove that a rifle was pointed out the window.  Can you understand the difference?  He rejected the testimony of multiple witnesses who saw the rifle and the discovery of the rifle itself with fired bullet casings by that window.  Do you have a photo of John Wilkes Booth pointing a gun at Lincoln?  Does the lack of such a photo raise doubt as to his guilt and negate the other evidence that links him to the crime?  Does there have to be a film or photo of a criminal committing the act to prove it?  Even you can't be that idiotic. 

Walt suggests that a photo of the event is the only way to prove that a rifle was pointed out the window.

Walt responded to your comment;

Robert Jackson took a photo of the window moments after the assassination because he saw the rifle.

and asked you to produce that photo

I said the above is all BS.... I asked you to post a photo that shows a rifle sticking out of the window.

What part of "I asked you to post a photo" don't you understand?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 04:11:22 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 04:05:09 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2022, 04:32:03 PM »
Perhaps “Richard” should ask himself why he expects anything that happens to have some “conspiratorial” explanation invented to explain it or else it didn’t happen.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 07:14:42 PM »
Rowland testifies that at around 12:15pm he sees a white male holding a rifle at the far west side of the 6th floor and a black male at the far east side of the same floor. He is specific both men are on the same floor, he circles the SN windows and marks it with an "A" and even goes so far as to describe the "configuration" of the SN windows [each set of windows consists of a pair of windows and each floor has seven sets/pairs of windows]. He describes the west window as being closed and the east window as being partially opened. No other set of windows had this configuration at the time of the assassination other than the SN windows.
So there can be little doubt the black male Rowland is describing is at the SN windows.
At this same time we know Bonnie Ray Williams is having his lunch on the 6th floor. He testifies he has his lunch by the third set of windows from the east side, but, as we have seen, there is copious amounts of evidence [from at least seven of the first officers on the scene] his lunch remains were initially found on top of the stacks of boxes that formed the SN.
So we have this situation - the lunch remains of Bonnie Ray are found by the SN window [these are the only lunch remains found on the 6th floor - to suggest otherwise displays a profound ignorance of the case], Bonnie Ray is having his lunch on the 6th floor around 12:15pm and Arnold Rowland sees the man with the rifle and the man at the SN window around this time.
There are two main scenarios possible:
There is a man with a rifle by the east window, BRW is having his lunch by the third set of windows and there is an unknown black male by the SN window at the same time.
OR
There is a man with a rifle by the east window and it is BRW sat by the SN window.
The fact that BRW's lunch remains are initially discovered by the SN window suggest the latter scenario.

But there is a problem with Rowland's description of the black male at the SN window.
Rowland has the impression the man is quite elderly, certainly more elderly than Bonnie Ray. But this should hardly dissuade us from the facts established by the testimonial and physical presented above.
What factors might have led Rowland to believe the man in the SN window appeared older?
The first is that Rowland wasn't really paying close attention to the man in the SN window, he was more interested in trying to find the man with the rifle to show his wife:

Mr. Specter: Will you describe with as much particularity as you can what that man looked like?
Mr. Rowland: It seemed to me an elderly Negro, that is about all. I didn't pay very much attention to him.

The second factor is related to Rowland's distance from the TSBD and how this may have affected his judgement of the man's age. Rowland makes this comment when trying to estmate the age of the man with the rifle:

Mr. Specter: Were you able to form any opinion as to the age of that man?
Mr. Rowland: This is again just my estimation. He was--I think I remember telling my wife that he appeared in his early thirties. This could be obscured because of the distance, I mean.

There is also the appearance of BRW that may have led to the over-estimation of his age.

Bonnie Ray has a very high forehead and a slightly receding hairline. He has very short, black hair which would've disappeared in front of a black background and when viewed from a position below he would have appeared balding. I believe this greatly contributed to Rowland's over-estimation of his age. The notion of someone balding is naturally associated with an older person. In the pic below it is easy to see how Rowland would have mistaken BRW for a balding, older man:

There is one last factor that may have influenced Rowland's opinion of the age of the man in the SN window. Rowland makes the following comment about the man:

Mr. Specter: Can you give us a more definite description as to complexion?
Mr. Rowland: Very dark or fairly dark, not real dark compared to some Negroes, but fairly dark. Seemed like his face was either--I can't recall detail but it was either very wrinkled or marked in some way.

What is this feature of the man's face that Rowland is trying to remember?
I believe Rowland is referring to the fact BRW has a mustache. Although not unheard of for a young man to have a mustache, I imagine it would be another contributing factor to Rowland's over-estimation of BRW's age.
Rowland wasn't really paying attention to the man in the SN window, who was quite a distance away.
BRW has features that would certainly make him appear older from a distance, particularly to someone just getting a quick impression of him.
In no way should Rowland's explicable over-estimation of BRW's age detract from the evidence we have that BRW was having his lunch on the 6th floor at that time and that his lunch remains were initially discovered by the SN window.

LATER EDIT: It must also be noted that Rowland described features that accurately describe BRW.
Rowland describes the man as being very slender and that he was lighter skinned that other black men, two features clearly true of BRW.

Notice the horizontal shadow being cast by the bottom sash of the window above BRW's head...... There is a narrow strip of the window that is not in shadow.......Compare this strip in the Dillard  and Powell photos.....  In which photo was the sun higher in the sky?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 07:14:42 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2022, 02:24:49 PM »
Walt suggests that a photo of the event is the only way to prove that a rifle was pointed out the window.

Walt responded to your comment;

and asked you to produce that photo

What part of "I asked you to post a photo" don't you understand?

What point are you trying to make?  That a photograph is necessary to prove that there was a shooter in the window?  That is absurd.   We all know that there are no photos of the rifle pointing out the window.  To ask for such a photo knowing it does not exist while ignoring the actual evidence of a shooter is absurd.   Walt suggested that was the ONLY way to prove this happened while rejecting multiple witnesses who placed a shooter in the window and the evidence such as fired bullet casings found by that window.   It is laughable to suggest that they only way to prove that there was a shooter in that window is to have a photograph of the event.  That is the old time machine claim.  Most criminals are not photographed in the act.  They are nevertheless convicted on the evidence.  Multiple witnesses (as I cited) saw the shooter or rifle in the window at the moment of the assassination.  Jackson saw the rifle and took a picture of the window because he had seen the rifle from that window.  There is zero doubt of the presence of someone in that window at the moment of the assassination.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2022, 02:34:41 PM »
What point are you trying to make?  That a photograph is necessary to prove that there was a shooter in the window?  That is absurd.   We all know that there are no photos of the rifle pointing out the window.  To ask for such a photo knowing it does not exist while ignoring the actual evidence of a shooter is absurd.   Walt suggested that was the ONLY way to prove this happened while rejecting multiple witnesses who placed a shooter in the window and the evidence such as fired bullet casings found by that window.   It is laughable to suggest that they only way to prove that there was a shooter in that window is to have a photograph of the event.  That is the old time machine claim.  Most criminals are not photographed in the act.  They are nevertheless convicted on the evidence.  Multiple witnesses (as I cited) saw the shooter or rifle in the window at the moment of the assassination.  Jackson saw the rifle and took a picture of the window because he had seen the rifle from that window.  There is zero doubt of the presence of someone in that window at the moment of the assassination.

Psssst...Mr" Smith".... Even the The Dallas Chief of police , no less, told you that they ( The investigators) had never been able to place Lee Oswald behind that window with the rifle in his hands.....

Do you understand that?...Mr "Smith"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2022, 02:34:41 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2022, 10:59:25 PM »
Psssst...Mr" Smith".... Even the The Dallas Chief of police , no less, told you that they ( The investigators) had never been able to place Lee Oswald behind that window with the rifle in his hands.....

The actual quote is:

"No one has ever been able to put him in the Texas School Book Depository with a rifle in his hand."

Thumb1:

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2022, 11:39:23 PM »
The actual quote is:

"No one has ever been able to put him in the Texas School Book Depository with a rifle in his hand."

Thumb1:

Thanks Alan....  I know that Curry basically said that they couldn't PROVE that Lee Oswald was an assassin.

And of course that would mean that Lee probably would have never been convicted in a fair trial....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2022, 11:39:23 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2022, 05:42:57 AM »
Jackson saw the rifle and took a picture of the window because he had seen the rifle from that window. 

Still waiting for “Richard” to produce this elusive Jackson photo, because this would be news to Jackson as well.

And “Richard” wonders why nobody takes him seriously…

There is zero doubt of the presence of someone in that window at the moment of the assassination.

There is nothing about anything that has “zero doubt” — even if there was a photo of it.