Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: "at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building..."  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Advertisement
From Agent Bookhout's solo report on Mr Oswald's first interrogation:

“Oswald stated that on November 22 1963, at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building by Dallas police officers, he was on the second floor of said building, having just purchased a Coca-Cola from the soft-drink machine, at which time a police officer came into the room with pistol drawn and asked him if he worked there.

Mr. Truly was present and verified that he was an employee and the police officer thereafter left the room and continued through the building. Oswald stated that he took this Coke down to the first floor and stood around and had lunch in the employee’s lunch room. He thereafter went outside and stood around for five or ten minutes with foreman Bill Shelley.”

We all think we know what the words "at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building by Dallas police officers" mean: in the aftermath of the assassination.

But what if they don't mean that at all?

Cf! Agent Hosty on the selfsame interrogation:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:04:44 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Re: "at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building..."
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 02:07:40 AM »
Now cf this:

Mr. BELIN. All right. When you left the lunchroom, did you leave with the other girls?
Mrs. REID. No; I didn't. The younger girls had gone and I left alone.
Mr. BELIN. Were you the last person in the lunchroom?
Mrs. REID. No; I could not say that because I don't remember that part of it because I was going out of the building by myself, I wasn't even, you know, connected with anyone at all.
Mr. BELIN. Were there any men in the lunchroom when you left there?
Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mrs. REID. I can't remember the time they left.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 08:41:06 PM »
On the Saturday, Chief Jesse Curry (as quoted in the New York Times) told reporters that Mr. Oswald was seen by an officer in the lunchroom WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 08:41:06 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 08:43:33 PM »
Now cf this:

Mr. BELIN. All right. When you left the lunchroom, did you leave with the other girls?
Mrs. REID. No; I didn't. The younger girls had gone and I left alone.
Mr. BELIN. Were you the last person in the lunchroom?
Mrs. REID. No; I could not say that because I don't remember that part of it because I was going out of the building by myself, I wasn't even, you know, connected with anyone at all.
Mr. BELIN. Were there any men in the lunchroom when you left there?
Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mrs. REID. I can't remember the time they left.

Mrs. Reid here is--------with caught-on-the-hop vagueness---------recollecting the presence of MEN (plural) in the lunchroom.

Who were these men? Mr. Joe Molina is the only male employee who (other than Mr. Oswald) admitted to having visited for any length of time the lunchroom that lunchtime.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 09:48:46 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 08:45:57 PM »

“Oswald stated that on November 22 1963, at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building by Dallas police officers, he was on the second floor of said building, having just purchased a Coca-Cola from the soft-drink machine, at which time a police officer came into the room with pistol drawn and asked him if he worked there.

Mr. Truly was present and verified that he was an employee and the police officer thereafter left the room and continued through the building. Oswald stated that he took this Coke down to the first floor and stood around and had lunch in the employee’s lunch room. He thereafter went outside and stood around for five or ten minutes with foreman Bill Shelley.”

This would seem to describe
------------Mr. Truly already present in the lunchroom when the officer came in
------------the police officer going through the building UNACCOMPANIED

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 08:45:57 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 08:48:45 PM »
From the FBI interview report of Ms. Pauline Sanders, 11/24/63:

Again the motif of Mr. Truly already in the lunchroom when an unaccompanied officer came in................

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 09:23:50 PM »

We all think we know what the words "at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building by Dallas police officers" mean: in the aftermath of the assassination.

But what if they don't mean that at all?

Cf! Agent Hosty on the selfsame interrogation:

Lee Didn't know what officer Baker was doing....He ASSUMED that was the search which we all know started about 12:50 ....

Lee saw Baker and assumed that is what Fritz was referring to....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 09:23:50 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022, 09:31:50 PM »
Like a large and growing number of folks, I believe the POST-ASSASSINATION lunchroom encounter between Mr. Oswald, Officer Baker and Mr. Truly is a fabrication designed to rob Mr. Oswald of his alibi.

However, a scenario might suggest itself that would help explain why the lunchroom was chosen as the location for that fictional encounter:

A man dressed as an officer goes through the building several minutes before the motorcade.

His ostensible task: to check that everyone in the building is a legitimate employee.

His real task: to make sure the sixth floor is kept clear for the motorcade.

On his way up to six, he pops his head into the lunchroom on the second floor. Mr. Truly, Mrs. Reid and Mr. Oswald are in there. The 'cop' seeks verification that Mr. Oswald is an employee. He gets it. He heads on up the rear stairway--------but before doing so, he informs those in the lunchroom (as he will inform anyone else he runs into) that the sixth floor is off limits for security reasons.

On six, he finds Mr. Bonnie Ray Williams. He tells him to get off the floor.

When Mr. Jack Dougherty goes up to six, just before the motorcade, he is told the floor is off limits.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 09:37:30 PM by Alan Ford »