Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The funeral of Elizabeth II  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

The funeral of Elizabeth II
« on: September 12, 2022, 03:15:27 AM »
Advertisement

Apparently, there is talk of having Trump attend Elizabeth II’s funeral. This would be an insult to the British if we allowed that to happen. It would be like West Germany sending Albert Speer to attend the funeral of Winston Churchill.

Jimmy Carter’s health is too frail, I believe. If he were to die from the rigors of travel, it would partly overshadow the funeral. This must not happen. As would Trump attending. Presidents Clinton, Bush, Obama and Biden should all attend. But never Trump.

I heard that Biden says he will probably attend Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral. Probably is not good enough. He must attend it. Like Churchill, Elizabeth II was a consistent champion of democracy, just like her father.

Curiously, Elizabeth II met with every United States president except Lyndon Johnson. Why is that? I think it was because he decided not to attend the funeral of Winston Churchill. He was busy and decided it would be good enough to send the Vice President in his stead. It was not good enough. Not by a long shot. Biden must not make a similar mistake.

JFK Assassination Forum

The funeral of Elizabeth II
« on: September 12, 2022, 03:15:27 AM »

Online Richard Smith

Re: The funeral of Elizabeth II
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 01:16:38 PM »
Apparently, there is talk of having Trump attend Elizabeth II’s funeral. This would be an insult to the British if we allowed that to happen. It would be like West Germany sending Albert Speer to attend the funeral of Winston Churchill.

Jimmy Carter’s health is too frail, I believe. If he were to die from the rigors of travel, it would partly overshadow the funeral. This must not happen. As would Trump attending. Presidents Clinton, Bush, Obama and Biden should all attend. But never Trump.

I heard that Biden says he will probably attend Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral. Probably is not good enough. He must attend it. Like Churchill, Elizabeth II was a consistent champion of democracy, just like her father.

Curiously, Elizabeth II met with every United States president except Lyndon Johnson. Why is that? I think it was because he decided not to attend the funeral of Winston Churchill. He was busy and decided it would be good enough to send the Vice President in his stead. It was not good enough. Not by a long shot. Biden must not make a similar mistake.

They put Old Joe in the back where he belongs.  An embarrassment.  He couldn't even ride the bus for the foreign leaders and arrived late.  His cognitive and physical issues are becoming more and more obvious.  It's actually sad to see him at these events.  At least he wasn't the oldest person there since the Queen was a bit older.  Of course, she was dead.