Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If the MAGA Republicans are a Threat then Stop Helping their Campaigns  (Read 3695 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Advertisement
While I mostly agree that the Trumpian right in a type/form of Caesarism is a threat to our system (I disagree as to how much of one they are - Trump as Caesar? - but they most certainly are) it would be helpful Mr. Biden if you had told your party to stop helping MAGA candidates in primaries by opposing their non-MAGA opponents. If you really think they're a threat then stop playing politics with them in the hopes of getting more of your candidates elected by helping the less electable MAGA candidate win. I don't think it's an accident, maybe it is, that you waited until after many of these primaries were finished to give this speech.

And, frankly, using the Marines as a backdrop was uncalled for. Not to mention that we're not in this divisive period solely because MAGA Republicans have been acting horribly. A little criticism of the President's side would have helped. That's not "whataboutism"; that's the truth.

As Lincoln said during a much more serious crisis, "We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies." A little more Lincoln would be welcome.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 07:12:00 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Richard Smith

Re: If the MAGA Republicans are a Threat then Stop Helping their Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 08:55:02 PM »
While I mostly agree that the Trumpian right in a type/form of Caesarism is a threat to our system (I disagree as to how much of one they are - Trump as Caesar? - but they most certainly are) it would be helpful Mr. Biden if you had told your party to stop helping MAGA candidates in primaries by opposing their non-MAGA opponents. If you really think they're a threat then stop playing politics with them in the hopes of getting more of your candidates elected by helping the less electable MAGA candidate win. I don't think it's an accident, maybe it is, that you waited until after many of these primaries were finished to give this speech.

And, frankly, using the Marines as a backdrop was uncalled for. Not to mention that we're not in this divisive period solely because MAGA Republicans have been acting horribly. A little criticism of the President's side would have helped. That's not "whataboutism"; that's the truth.

As Lincoln said during a much more serious crisis, "We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies." A little more Lincoln would be welcome.

Lincoln?  Old Joe is not even Jimmy Carter who at least still had his marbles.  The only political card that Old Joe has to play at this point is hatred of Trump and those 75 million Americans that support him.  Nothing else is working.   Biden can't even buy votes with his trillion-dollar handouts.   Even if he thinks Trump is the devil, Trump is no longer president or even in office.   There are many legitimate disasters unfolding that he didn't even mention. Most of which he created.  That was purely a divisive speech to vilify anyone who has a contrary view to him. The opposite of democracy.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 02:06:52 AM »

Agreed. Democrats helping MAGA candidates to set up an easier victory in November is playing with dynamite. Particularly for offices like Governor, Attorney General and Secretary of State, offices that could be used to overturn the choice of the people. I am totally against this 'clever' strategy. So far as I know, Biden is not behind this but instead this comes from decisions made by Democratic politicians in certain states using a strategy sometimes used before. With MAGA candidates, this is too dangerous a strategy. This strategy is, by far, my biggest beef with the Democrats.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 02:06:52 AM »