Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Jesse Curry Interviews Nov 1963  (Read 16868 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Jesse Curry Interviews Nov 1963
« on: August 22, 2022, 03:08:33 AM »
Advertisement
Again... thanks to David Von Pein for compiling the YouTube video below [46 1/2 minutes]
A background........
On November 23, 1963 Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry held a news conference that was filmed by ABC affiliate WFAA TV in Dallas. Curry was telling reporters about the rifle found by Dallas Police when an unidentified individual interrupted Curry and asked a question that was completely out of context. This person asked, "Is there any connection yet between this and the firing at Major General Walker?"

By using the phrase "any connection yet," this unidentified person seemed to be challenging Chief Curry and the Dallas Police to establish a connection between the Walker shooting and the assassination of President Kennedy.

On November 24, the morning after Chief Curry's press conference, General Walker was in Shreveport, Louisiana. He was telephoned by Hasso Thorsten, a reporter from the West German newspaper Deutsche National Zeitung, which was published in Munich, West Germany. Thorsten asked Walker about the shooting incident and attempted to elicit from Walker a statement to the effect that Oswald was the man who had shot at him.

Warren Commission attorney Liebeler asked Walker if he had told the German reporter that Oswald had shot at him. Walker said, "No; I did not. I wouldn't have known it. It was much later that they began to tie Oswald into me, and I didn't even know it yet."

On November 29 the Deutsche National Zeitung published an article entitled, "The Strange Case of Oswald." The article was allegedly based on the telephone interview with General Walker and reported that Walker said it was Oswald who shot at him. But Walker told the Warren Commission, "I was very surprised to see this article."

Commission attorney Liebeler agreed and said, "I am somewhat puzzled by the whole thing, because the newspaper in which this apparently appeared is dated November 29 and, in fact, that information (that Oswald may have been involved) was not known to anybody that I know of until a later date than that ..... several days, at any rate. "
"Is there any connection yet between this and the firing at Major General Walker?"
                                                                                        John Armstrong

Who is the 'psychic' reporter that asks this question on November 23?
You can hear the question around 6:15 but you cannot see the reporter.

Was it a reporter who had covered the Walker shooting?

Arjan Hut

No one has ever explained why Oswald would try and kill an arch-conservative commie hater general and then turn around and then successfully kill an accused commie sympathizer and liberal POTUS. I believe that the unidentified reporter was a plant meant to shine on the chief and force him to "look into it" [the Walker thing]

See my revised thread on Curry here--
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1021.msg22885.html#msg22885
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 03:44:06 AM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Jesse Curry Interviews Nov 1963
« on: August 22, 2022, 03:08:33 AM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: Jesse Curry Interviews Nov 1963
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 11:46:08 AM »
Again... thanks to David Von Pein for compiling the YouTube video below [46 1/2 minutes]
A background........                                                                                               

No one has ever explained why Oswald would try and kill an arch-conservative commie hater general and then turn around and then successfully kill an accused commie sympathizer and liberal POTUS. I believe that the unidentified reporter was a plant meant to shine on the chief and force him to "look into it" [the Walker thing]

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1021.msg22885.html#msg22885

Planted by who? Perhaps planted by LHO because he wanted to make sure that he got credit for the attempt?    ;D8)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:49:34 AM by Charles Collins »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 02:33:03 PM »

This is pretty obvious.  Oswald was a homicidal political nut job with an anti-American bent.  Walker was a target of choice.  A right winger who lived in his own backyard.  Someone that Oswald hated and selected for that reason.  JFK was a target of opportunity.  By mere chance, the leader of the country that Oswald detested was going to drive by the building that he worked in.  JFK's assassination had nothing to do with any grievance toward JFK himself but with killing the symbolic representative of the United States.  Oswald likely would never have otherwise targeted JFK except for the fact that the golden opportunity fell into his lap.  Almost literally.  It was a revolutionary political act in his demented mind to wake up Americans who he viewed as sheep. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 02:33:03 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 03:01:44 PM »
A background........                                                                                               

On November 23, 1963 Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry held a news conference that was filmed by ABC affiliate WFAA TV in Dallas. Curry was telling reporters about the rifle found by Dallas Police when an unidentified individual interrupted Curry and asked a question that was completely out of context. This person asked, "Is there any connection yet between this and the firing at Major General Walker?"

By using the phrase "any connection yet," this unidentified person seemed to be challenging Chief Curry and the Dallas Police to establish a connection between the Walker shooting and the assassination of President Kennedy.

On November 24, the morning after Chief Curry's press conference, General Walker was in Shreveport, Louisiana. He was telephoned by Hasso Thorsten, a reporter from the West German newspaper Deutsche National Zeitung, which was published in Munich, West Germany. Thorsten asked Walker about the shooting incident and attempted to elicit from Walker a statement to the effect that Oswald was the man who had shot at him.

Warren Commission attorney Liebeler asked Walker if he had told the German reporter that Oswald had shot at him. Walker said, "No; I did not. I wouldn't have known it. It was much later that they began to tie Oswald into me, and I didn't even know it yet."

On November 29 the Deutsche National Zeitung published an article entitled, "The Strange Case of Oswald." The article was allegedly based on the telephone interview with General Walker and reported that Walker said it was Oswald who shot at him. But Walker told the Warren Commission, "I was very surprised to see this article."

Commission attorney Liebeler agreed and said, "I am somewhat puzzled by the whole thing, because the newspaper in which this apparently appeared is dated November 29 and, in fact, that information (that Oswald may have been involved) was not known to anybody that I know of until a later date than that ..... several days, at any rate. "
"Is there any connection yet between this and the firing at Major General Walker?"
                                                                                        John Armstrong

John Armstrong

Walker was not the recipient of the telephone call....  Walker made the call to Hasso Thorsen because he was in a panic.   Lee Oswald had not been killed as they had planned and it looked like Lee Oswald had established a rock solid alibi.   Walker was desperate to pin the blame on Lee.  He therefore wanted a reporter to establish that the commie punk Oswald was the culprit who had fired a bullet through his window back in April.

The solution to this case lies in this tale and the reversal of the direction of that phone call.

It doesn't take a genius to see that there would have been no reason for a reporter from a small weekly paper in Germany to have any knowledge ( or interest in) about a little publicized event that happened in Dallas, Texas  way back in April.   Anybody who believes the telephone call originated with Hasso Thorsen in Germany simply aren't using there head.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 04:37:51 PM »
A background........                                                                                               

Mr Freeman, This is probably the most important post that you've ever posted about the assassination of president Kennedy.  The big lie by one of the key conspirators is the key to the mystery.

BTW.... All of the conspirators had a preplanned alibi for their whereabouts at the time of the murder.  Do you know where Walker was and what action he took, when the assassination was announced? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 04:37:51 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 02:41:02 PM »
Political assassination involving a sniper are extremely rare events.  After the JFK assassination, it would be entirely reasonable to speculate that another such attempt in Dallas to assassinate another political figure via a sniper attack within just a few months of the JFK assassination was related.  It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to conclude that two such rare events occurring in proximity both in time and place might be committed by the same person.  And, of course, the evidence subsequently confirmed this was the case.  There is no doubt of the fact that Oswald committed both crimes.  In fact, Oswald confessed to his wife about the Walker attempt.  He left his rifle at the scene of the JFK assassination. 

Just because Walker and JFK were of different political backgrounds is not cause for doubt.  Both were targets of opportunity due to their presence in Dallas.  Oswald hated Walker because of his right wing beliefs.  He hated the US because of its opposition to Russia/Cuba and JFK was the symbolic representative of the US.  Killing him was a symbolic revolutionary act against the system that Oswald detested when the opportunity fell into his lap.  Seemingly, a quirk of fate that a homicidal political nut happened to work in a building overlooking the motorcade.  In retrospect, however, the obvious security flaws involved in driving the president around in an open car on a preannounced route are obvious.  Sooner or later someone was going to exploit that flaw.  Oswald happened to be first in line.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 02:54:11 PM »
Political assassination involving a sniper are extremely rare events.  After the JFK assassination, it would be entirely reasonable to speculate that another such attempt in Dallas to assassinate another political figure via a sniper attack within just a few months of the JFK assassination was related.  It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to conclude that two such rare events occurring in proximity both in time and place might be committed by the same person.  And, of course, the evidence subsequently confirmed this was the case.  There is no doubt of the fact that Oswald committed both crimes.  In fact, Oswald confessed to his wife about the Walker attempt.  He left his rifle at the scene of the JFK assassination. 

Just because Walker and JFK were of different political backgrounds is not cause for doubt.  Both were targets of opportunity due to their presence in Dallas.  Oswald hated Walker because of his right wing beliefs.  He hated the US because of its opposition to Russia/Cuba and JFK was the symbolic representative of the US.  Killing him was a symbolic revolutionary act against the system that Oswald detested when the opportunity fell into his lap.  Seemingly, a quirk of fate that a homicidal political nut happened to work in a building overlooking the motorcade.  In retrospect, however, the obvious security flaws involved in driving the president around in an open car on a preannounced route are obvious.  Sooner or later someone was going to exploit that flaw.  Oswald happened to be first in line.

What a pile of BS!......   Perhaps you should back up to page one .....  Lee Oswald was in the first floor lunchroom at 12:27.   He could not have been on the sixth floor at the time JFK was ambushed and murdered.   This very elementary FACT flushes al of your BS down the drain.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 02:54:11 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 03:22:31 PM »
What a pile of BS!......   Perhaps you should back up to page one .....  Lee Oswald was in the first floor lunchroom at 12:27.   He could not have been on the sixth floor at the time JFK was ambushed and murdered.   This very elementary FACT flushes al of your BS down the drain.

As usual, you are trying to change the subject after being confronted with the facts and logic.  We were discussing here why Oswald might try to assassinate both a right winger like Walker and a Democrat like JFK.  Haven't you yourself suggested that Oswald fired the shots at Walker and JFK (albeit in some delusion fantasy scenario that he intentionally missed as part of some conspiracy to get him to Cuba)?  If so, we are not in disagreement that Oswald pulled the trigger in both instances.