Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Wrong Holster?  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

The Wrong Holster?
« on: August 17, 2022, 10:30:52 PM »
Advertisement
Saw this one from a Gil Jesus study---

I have also noticed that the handle on the pistol looks flared [not like the usual .38 Special handle]

JFK Assassination Forum

The Wrong Holster?
« on: August 17, 2022, 10:30:52 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Wrong Holster?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 10:41:39 PM »

The S&W .38 handle is flared...but not bobbed like the BY picture indicates.
Snub nosed revolvers are worn on a shoulder holster or concealed altogether...that is why they are snub nosed.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 04:56:10 PM »
Saw this one from a Gil Jesus study---

I have also noticed that the handle on the pistol looks flared [not like the usual .38 Special handle]

I too noticed that the revolver and holster do not appear to be the snub nosed revolver and short holster that Lee Oswald allegedly had in his possession at the time of his arrest. ( He allegedly had the snub nosed S&W on his person and the holster was in his room.)  The BY photo, 133A appears to show that the revolver is longer barrel western style "six shooter"....  It definitely has flared grips .....

And for FWIW .... Lee would probably have preferred a "Texas Style" six shooter  to use in portraying himself as a rough and ready fighter.   

FWIW....  Either the photo is authentic and can be used to verify information ....or it's a fake and is worthless for verifying information...... 

The length of the holster could probably be verified by comparing it with something else in the photo....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 05:41:22 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 04:56:10 PM »