Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Officer “K”  (Read 6651 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Officer “K”
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2022, 04:30:49 PM »
Advertisement
That would explain why he never picked it up and pointed it out to Westbrook instead.

Officer K said that he saw Captain Westbrooke in his car on Jefferson and he took the jacket to him.   It was difficult to operate the motorcycle while carrying the jacket.

"That's when we found his jacket. We saw Captain  Westbrook in his car on Jefferson so I turned the jacket over to him. It isn't easy to handle a motorcycle and hang on to a jacket."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:20:15 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2022, 04:30:49 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2022, 04:41:27 PM »
"I turned the jacket over to him"

Mr. WESTBROOK. Actually, I didn't find it--it was pointed out to me by either some officer that--that was while we were going over the scene in the close area where the shooting was concerned, someone pointed out a jacket to me that was laying under a car and I got the jacket and told the officer to take the license number.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2022, 04:55:43 PM »
Mr. WESTBROOK. Actually, I didn't find it--it was pointed out to me by either some officer that--that was while we were going over the scene in the close area where the shooting was concerned, someone pointed out a jacket to me that was laying under a car and I got the jacket and told the officer to take the license number.

So their statements directly contradict each other.  Any particular reason you're choosing to state Westbrook's account as a fact?  Especially considering that Westbrook couldn't even identify this officer (or even that it was an officer), or under which car the jacket was found.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:57:46 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2022, 04:55:43 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2022, 05:23:04 PM »
So their statements directly contradict each other.  Any particular reason you're choosing to state Westbrook's account as a fact?  Especially considering that Westbrook couldn't even identify this officer (or even that it was an officer), or under which car the jacket was found.

So their statements directly contradict each other.

That's true but Officer K was merely telling it as it was..... 

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2022, 05:26:44 PM »
From Bowles’ introduction of chapter six (which I posted earlier in this thread):

While their recollections are presented in the first person, their comments should not be taken as unalterable quotes. Too many years have passed for them to remember with unimpeachable certainty what they might have said earlier and what they say now. Accordingly, what they say here should be considered for the meaning rather than exactness.

And from Westbrook’s WC testimony:

You know, I didn’t review my report before I came over here - I didn’t have a chance. I just came off of vacation and they hit me with this this morning as soon as I got to the office.

Even in the best of circumstances there are normally inconsistencies between the accounts of various people. If everyone’s accounts agreed totally and all the Ts were crossed and the Is were dotted, it would look suspicious to me.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2022, 05:26:44 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2022, 05:28:04 PM »

Walt and you should try to keep up. J.T. Griffin found the jacket. He left it in-situ while Westbrook left his car and walked over.

Sorry there's no Hollywood-quality film of this to meet your unattainable standard of proof.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2022, 05:51:54 PM »
Walt and you should try to keep up. J.T. Griffin found the jacket. He left it in-situ while Westbrook left his car and walked over.

Sorry there's no Hollywood-quality film of this to meet your unattainable standard of proof.

"That's when we found his jacket. We saw Captain  Westbrook in his car on Jefferson so I turned the jacket over to him. It isn't easy to handle a motorcycle and hang on to a jacket."

Mr Organ...May I suggest that you take a refresher course in reading comprehension.

Or have any 6th grader read what officer K said and explain it to you......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2022, 05:51:54 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2022, 05:56:50 PM »

Jefferson Blvd was visible from the parking lot.

Why in the world would Oswald take the long way where he supposedly shot Tippit if the whole plan was for him was to go see a "picture show." Doesn't make sense like a lot of things don't make sense in this case.