Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Officer “K”  (Read 6668 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Officer “K”
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2022, 05:11:00 AM »
Advertisement

So, what's the big deal in hiding this guy's identity for so many decades?
I think it was a simple and respectful professional courtesy towards fellow police officers, mainly so they wouldn't be hounded and accused of being in on the assassination and cover-up by JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theorists and the so-called Skeptics.
How stupid is that answer?
Officer "K" was the first person to see the jacket but he did not pick it up. He did not take possession of it. Hence, he would not be a link in any chain of custody. Westbrook picked it up.
I see. A patrolman sees the jacket and has his Captain do the crawling under the car to get it. No wonder he is an Officer K.
Mr. WESTBROOK. Actually, I didn't find it--it was pointed out to me by either some officer that--that was while we were going over the scene in the close area where the shooting was concerned, someone pointed. out a jacket to me that was laying under a car and I got the jacket and told the officer to take the license number.
Mr. BALL. When did this happen? You gave me a sort of a resume of what you had done, but you omitted this incident.
Mr. WESTBROOK. I tell you what--this occurred shortly--let me think just a minute.
Mr. WESTBROOK. Yes; and at this time I had a shotgun--I had borrowed a shotgun from a patrolman.
Westbrook testified. I wonder why?
See....   https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1022.msg22886.html#msg22886

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2022, 05:11:00 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2022, 05:55:24 AM »
When and where did he say that?

Did you not read the quote from "Officer K" that Charles Collins posted in the first post in this thread?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2022, 06:27:50 AM »
That's when we found his jacket. We saw Captain ______ in his car on Jefferson so I turned the jacket over to him. It isn't easy to handle a motorcycle and hang on to a jacket.
Who is "we"? Officer K and Officer L? How about Capt W? When you find something and then turn it over..that starts a chain of custody boys and girls.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2022, 06:27:50 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2022, 05:07:57 PM »
When and where did he say that?

Officer K said .... "We saw Captain ______ in his car on Jefferson so I turned the jacket over to him. It isn't easy to handle a motorcycle and hang on to a jacket." 

Officer "K's" statement says that Westbrook was not there in the parking lot....He was; quote: "In his car on Jefferson" so I turned the jacket over to him.  "IT ISN"T EASY TO HANDLE A MOTORCYCLE AND HANG ON TO A JACKET. "

"K" said that Westbrook was in his car on Jefferson......

There seems to be a bit of mendacity in Captain Westbrook's story.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 07:35:37 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2022, 12:51:35 PM »

"IT ISN"T EASY TO HANDLE A MOTORCYCLE AND HANG ON TO A JACKET. "

That would explain why he never picked it up and pointed it out to Westbrook instead.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2022, 12:51:35 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2022, 01:09:05 PM »
Officer K said .... "We saw Captain ______ in his car on Jefferson so I turned the jacket over to him. It isn't easy to handle a motorcycle and hang on to a jacket." 

Officer "K's" statement says that Westbrook was not there in the parking lot....He was; quote: "In his car on Jefferson" so I turned the jacket over to him.  "IT ISN"T EASY TO HANDLE A MOTORCYCLE AND HANG ON TO A JACKET. "

"K" said that Westbrook was in his car on Jefferson......

There seems to be a bit of mendacity in Captain Westbrook's story.

Jefferson Blvd was visible from the parking lot.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2022, 02:35:40 PM »
That would explain why he never picked it up and pointed it out to Westbrook instead.

"I turned the jacket over to him"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2022, 02:35:40 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2022, 03:40:34 PM »
If we're talking about the light Eisenhower type jacket that was thought to be Oswald's, there's some info out there that shows the label of the jacket had a dry cleaning tag attached to it and the cleaner was located in CA. The story goes that why would Oswald have a jacket on with a CA dry cleaning tag on it? I don't have links to that info but you can look it up.

This is similar to multiple wallets supposedly belonging to Oswald, the shells of an auto gun when they should have been revolver shells and other bullspombleprofglidnoctobuns to frame him up.