Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Liz Cheney Defeated!  (Read 9282 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Liz Cheney Defeated!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2022, 03:50:40 PM »
Advertisement

Good one Jerry.  That's eight of the ten republicans in the House who voted to impeach Trump who were defeated as incumbents.   Old Liz will never be elected to any office unless she moves to California or NY.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2022, 03:50:40 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 04:07:22 PM »
I think that is unfortunate. In spite of her rejection of Trump, Liz Cheney has a solidly conservative record. Every major conservative group that rates members of Congress routinely has her at 80% or higher, based on her voting record. It is too bad that Team Trump has such a take-no-prisoners, my-way-or-the-highway attitude. Ronald Reagan was nothing like that. Nor was Abraham Lincoln.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »
I think that is unfortunate. In spite of her rejection of Trump, Liz Cheney has a solidly conservative record. Every major conservative group that rates members of Congress routinely has her at 80% or higher, based on her voting record. It is too bad that Team Trump has such a take-no-prisoners, my-way-or-the-highway attitude. Ronald Reagan was nothing like that. Nor was Abraham Lincoln.

What is unfortunate is that instead of working to solve any of the many disasters unfolding in this country that she focused all of her energy on destroying Trump.  Who, as you note, she was in agreement with on most policy issues.  She became an establishment hack.   Good riddance to her.  Her replacement is as, or more, conservative than retro Liz.  So nothing lost there for conservatives.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2022, 12:50:03 AM »
I guess Liz won't be calling for a recount since she lost by almost 40 percent.   :D One of the most amazing political reversals in history.  She had every advantage.  Name recognition, political machine, money, and she went from unbeatable to unwinnable.  Way to go Liz!  She qualifies to work in the Biden administration with a record like that.  Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2022, 02:34:50 PM »
Liz woke up today.  Wrote "I hate Trump a whole lot" in her diary and went back to sleep.  Dreaming of her presidency when those voters that she called "very sick" recognize her as the savior of democracy.  Oh happy day!  It could happen.  Just ask CNN.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2022, 02:34:50 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2022, 08:12:59 PM »

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 08:14:17 PM by Jerry Freeman »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2022, 09:53:59 PM »

The majority of Republicans are continuing their work at eliminating the few decent Republicans left in office. And the ones with the best chance of winning a November election in a non Red district or state.

In my mind, it is a badge of shame to win a Republican primary election. Unless one ran against a Trump endorsed candidate. Which has happened. Which shows that Trump's grip has slipped some.

In any case, winning Republican primaries won't mean anything without victories in November. We will see if the Republicans get enough wins in November.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2022, 09:53:59 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2022, 10:41:27 PM »

. . .

How certain Americans view Cheney. Which shows how distorted their vision is.

How does Cheney refusing to back the overturning of a fair election make her a traitor?

How does Cheney's loyalty to the principal of a government of the people, by the people, for the people, make her more like Benedict Arnold than Abraham Lincoln?