Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago  (Read 17196 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 09:37:08 PM »
Advertisement
Donnie is not above the law but right wingers think he is.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 09:37:08 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 10:17:37 PM »
Donnie is not above the law but right wingers think he is.

The law has been so glacial slow that it's not just right wingers who wonder if Trump is above the law. But at last, something is starting to happen.

But I still worry about a trial. Particularly a jury trial. A single MAGA fan on the jury would derail the whole trial. And probably end up set up for life with a cushy job and other perks. The prosecution would try to weed them out. But prospective jurors could lie. And have a strong motive to do so.

I am not convinced that Trump is not above the law. And fear the possibility that some day, with the help of some MAGA Secretary of State, governors and attorney generals that he might someday become the law west of the Pecos, and east of the Pecos, for the rest of his life.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 10:21:53 PM by Joe Elliott »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:57 PM »
BREAKING per WSJ: Part of the reason the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago was because agents believed there was still a lot more classified info there after the National Archives earlier retrieved 15 boxes of WH documents from there.

Agents took away approximately 10 MORE boxes!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:57 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 11:10:06 PM »
Right wingers are out in full force today attacking the FBI for doing their job. 

QAnon quack Marjorie Taylor Greene is calling to "defund the FBI" and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy threatened AG Merrick Garland.

It's clear the GOP only exists to cover up and protect Donald Trump from his crimes. They are not the party of "law and order".

The FBI only raids a home when they have evidence of a serious crime.

The GOP should practice what they preach.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2022, 11:24:25 PM »
I heard that Trump said that it doesn't matter what he does, he can get away with anything. He could shoot someone in board daylight and suffer no consequences. Is he delusional? I don't know. I must admit that at times, I think I suffer from the same delusion. That Trump can get away with anything. I hope that in the coming year, I will be disabused of this delusion. Time will tell.
Sorry Joe, but Trump has rights. He's not above the law but he's not beneath it either. As in: where's the subpoena for these documents? I need some more specific information as to why this was necessary, that this was the only way to get them (assuming it was about these materials and not about 1/6), and that it was carried out properly. There are too many example of the FBI simply screwing things up to just accept their judgment. Whether it's Trump or the man in the moon.

After they exhaust these other usual methods then you can do this. Maybe they had to but I need more than just a say-so. Substitute someone you like for Trump and see if this is still acceptable? Maybe it is; but I'm not going to say it was fine without knowing more.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 11:31:11 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2022, 11:24:25 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2022, 12:40:14 AM »
If Donnie or his right wing sycophants claims the raid was a "witch hunt" then why doesn't he release the search warrant to the media?     

If you commit a crime, yes, law enforcement will investigate and prosecute you.

The FBI isn't going to conduct a raid on Donnie's home unless the FBI has evidence of a serious crime. It takes a federal judge to agree to sign off on the search warrant in which the judge has to be convinced that there is evidence of a serious crime.     

That's how the law works. 

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 12:44:09 AM »
Re: Trump and One-Percenters getting away with it

The TV series finale of "Ozark" had this ending scene, as a PI confronts in their backyard the criminal couple who had publicly "branded" themselves as One-Percenters who could buy state officials.

Thinking he has the upper-hand and evidence to put them away, the PI says: "You don't get to be the Kochs or the Kennedys. Or whatever f——g royalty you people think you are. World doesn't work like that."

"Since when?" Wendy replies, as her teenage son appears off to the side with a shotgun. Bang!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 12:44:09 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2022, 03:47:05 PM »
Legal experts say Donnie will be indicted soon.