Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago  (Read 17127 times)

Offline Rick Plant

FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
« on: August 09, 2022, 12:26:05 AM »
Advertisement
Law enforcement agents raid Mar-A-Lago, the Florida home of former President Donald Trump

Former President Donald Trump said Monday evening that law enforcement agents have raided his home at Mar-a-Lago in South Florida, in what appears to be an unprecedented escalation in one or more of the various criminal investigations into his activities.

Trump did not say why the agents appeared to be at his Florida property but, in an emailed statement, added that "this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate."

Trump is under investigation by the Justice Department for removing presidential records from the White House and storing them at Mar-a-Lago for up to a year, a potentially serious violation of the law if the records were classified. Trump has denounced that investigation, saying he was entitled to take the records.

Trump and many of his associates are also under scrutiny by the FBI, the Justice Department, the Internal Revenue Service and other federal and state agencies for alleged wrongdoing during his four-year administration, and related to his various business entities.

Federal law enforcement officials had no immediate comment on whether agents were at Mar-a-Lago and if so, for what reason. Traditionally, any search would need to be authorized by a judge after finding evidence of probable cause that a crime had been committed – but there are many other circumstances in which agents might be on the property.

Former President Donald Trump said Monday that law enforcement agents have raided his home at Mar-a-Lago, Fla., but did not say what investigation the unprecedented legal action is related to.

“After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate,”

Trump said in a written statement.

Trump is under investigation by the Justice Department for  removing presidential records from the White House and storing them at Mar-a-Lago for up to a year. Trump has denounced the investigation, saying he was entitled to take the records.

The Justice Department and Atlanta prosecutors are also looking at Trump in connection with the an. 6, 2021, insurrection, and his efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss to President Joe  Biden.

Trump’s statement was a diatribe of attacks on political opponents whom he held responsible for all the investigations of his conduct.

“It is prosecutorial misconduct,” he said, “the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don’t want me to run for President in 2024.”

This is a developing story and will be updated.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/08/08/trump-fbi-maralago-raid/10272048002/

:D :D :D

Look at Donnie whine.             

Criminal Donald always blaming others for his crimes. He ran in 2020 and lost in a blowout election and would lose even worse in 2024.   

JFK Assassination Forum

FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
« on: August 09, 2022, 12:26:05 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

Re: FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 12:28:13 AM »
Donnie shows a profound ignorance of the law. "Democrats" did not break into his home. This is not "prosecutorial misconduct" because prosecutors don’t approve warrants. This search occurred because a federal judge found probable cause that evidence of a crime would be at Mar-a-Lago.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 12:34:38 AM »
Glenn Kirschner @glennkirschner2

The FBI search of Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s “home,” is a significant barrier broken - a maiden legal voyage. This increases the odds exponentially (IMO) that Trump WILL be indicted for the crimes he inarguably committed against the United States. Perhaps #JusticeIsComing after all.

https://twitter.com/glennkirschner2/status/1556782991837483008

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 12:34:38 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 12:52:27 AM »
Right wingers on Faux Propaganda are going crazy over the news that Trump's Mar a Lago was raided by several FBI agents.

They are fasley trying to claim it's "politically motivated".

That's not how it works.

A federal judge signed off on this search because there has to be evidence of a crime.

The judge never would have signed off on this unless there was evidence of serious crimes.

That's how it works.           

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 02:50:25 AM »

I heard that Trump said that it doesn't matter what he does, he can get away with anything. He could shoot someone in board daylight and suffer no consequences. Is he delusional? I don't know. I must admit that at times, I think I suffer from the same delusion. That Trump can get away with anything. I hope that in the coming year, I will be disabused of this delusion. Time will tell.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 02:50:25 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 05:05:03 AM »
The DOJ and FBI totally waited until Donald Trump traveled to New York before they carried out the search warrant raid at Mar-a-Lago. They wanted to make sure he wasn't home at the time. They know what they're doing.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 06:29:21 AM »
What we know about the FBI search at Trump's Mar-a-Lago home

Former President Donald Trump said Monday that Mar-a-Lago, the Florida club where he lives, is "currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents." Two sources confirmed to CBS News that the search was connected to White House records. Here's the latest.

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 06:29:21 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 11:10:09 AM »
Now that the Feds have managed to obtain a search and seizure warrant of Donald Trump's home, it suggests *someone* in Trump's orbit has been cooperating against him – and it continues to feel like it could be Mark Meadows. Certainly, Trump is sweating it.