Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was the carcano, CE 139, painted black?  (Read 4779 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was the carcano, CE 139, painted black?
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 02:08:18 AM »
Advertisement
Yes, about a dozen times.

What was the explanation for the discrepancy between the Alyea film which shows Lt Day reaching out and picking up the rifle (which is lying on it's side )  by the leather sling and the official DPD in situ  photo which shows the rifle NOT lying on the floor but jammed upright between boxes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 02:08:18 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 02:53:34 AM »

Question for you Walt: If you try to make the rifle stand up by itself (on a flat surface like a floor) with the bottom (flat) part of the magazine as partially supporting the rifle, will it stay upright without any additional support?

If you try to make the rifle stand up by itself (on a flat surface like a floor) with the bottom (flat) part of the magazine as partially supporting the rifle, will it stay upright without any additional support?

Yes, my carcano will stand upright but my rifle does not have a two pound scope mounted off to the left side.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 11:14:18 AM »
If you try to make the rifle stand up by itself (on a flat surface like a floor) with the bottom (flat) part of the magazine as partially supporting the rifle, will it stay upright without any additional support?

Yes, my carcano will stand upright but my rifle does not have a two pound scope mounted off to the left side.

Do you have an accurate weight of your rifle (no scope)?

Edit: I believe that Robert Frazier testified that the rifle and scope weighed 8-pounds. Wikipedia lists that model rifle as weighing 7.5-pounds. Therefore the scope weighs 1/2-pound. Not two pounds as you claim.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:09:45 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 11:14:18 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 03:33:25 PM »

Do you have an accurate weight of your rifle (no scope)?

Edit: I believe that Robert Frazier testified that the rifle and scope weighed 8-pounds. Wikipedia lists that model rifle as weighing 7.5-pounds. Therefore the scope weighs 1/2-pound. Not two pounds as you claim.

The weight of the scope isn't critical.....I believe that the scope mounted on the left would cause the rifle to topple to the left if you tried to balance the rifle on it's magazine.   When i set my carcano on the floor it will balance on the magazine but it is a delicate balance.   A bit of wind from the side would probably cause it to fall over on it's side.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2022, 07:38:58 PM »
ARE THESE TWO PHOTOS OF A CARCANO THE SAME RIFLE  ??

rifle2" border="0

These photos are of two different carcanos....   Can someone offer an explanation?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:56:19 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2022, 07:38:58 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2022, 09:07:40 PM »
The sling was professionally installed...
Who did the job?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2022, 11:07:25 PM »
The sling was professionally installed...
Who did the job?

I believe that the carrying strap  ( it's not a sling) was made for the carcano.   The liars have attempted to sell us the BS that Lee made that strap out of an old US Army air corps pistol belt.   That's utter BS!

But back to the two photos that definitely display two different rifles, one with a brown wooden stock and the other with the stock painted black.   I'm now wondering if the rifle found in the TSBD did not have the serial number C2766 ..... Yes, I know that  we've seen photos of a carcano barrel with that serial number stamped on it but was that the number that was on the TSBD rifle when it was found?   It's a very easy job to switch the barrels from one carcano to another.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2022, 11:07:25 PM »