Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was the carcano, CE 139, painted black?  (Read 4182 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Was the carcano, CE 139, painted black?
« on: July 31, 2022, 06:48:12 PM »
Advertisement
Charles Collins posted this picture of CE 139.   It appears to have been painted black in the past.

This is very interesting.....   Because, before Benito  Mussolini was lynched, he was Il Duce.   And he had a special, elite, corps of body guards.  Those elite body guards had special and very distinctive black uniforms. All of their equipment was highly polished black....boots, belts, helmets, etc. 

Their rifles were the carcano model 91/ 38 short rifle , ( the same model as CE 139) ) The wooden stocks of those rifle were lacquered with a gloss black lacquer ..... They are very very rare and I don't believe that there is one in the US.   ..... BUT.... CE 139 does appear to be one of those carcanos....   

Does anybody know of a very detailed description of CE 139?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 06:50:14 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Was the carcano, CE 139, painted black?
« on: July 31, 2022, 06:48:12 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

Re: Was the carcano, CE 139, painted black?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:04:22 PM »
I think it's black from the fingerprint tests that were done on it. It was originally brown I'd imagine.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 08:21:34 PM »
I think it's black from the fingerprint tests that were done on it. It was originally brown I'd imagine.

It was originally brown I'd imagine.

Yes, that would be a fair assumption..... But Mussolini may have ordered the rifles for his "Guardie Del Duce"  lacquered in gloss black, from the factory. THAT  is the basic question.

WAS CE 139 ever stained brown?....  IF ?  IF? Ce 139 is actually a rifle of the Guardie Del Duce then the big question is... Where the hell did Lee Oswald get his hands on a very rare rifle?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 08:21:34 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 08:42:58 PM »

Day indicated that the wooden stock was too rough for useable fingerprints. I believe that only the metal parts were dusted. Also, take a look at the backyard photos. See how the wood compares with the black clothes…

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 08:54:13 PM »
It was originally brown I'd imagine.

Yes, that would be a fair assumption..... But Mussolini may have ordered the rifles for his "Guardie Del Duce"  lacquered in gloss black, from the factory. THAT  is the basic question.

WAS CE 139 ever stained brown?....  IF ?  IF? Ce 139 is actually a rifle of the Guardie Del Duce then the big question is... Where the hell did Lee Oswald get his hands on a very rare rifle?

That’s a big if…

But I imagine that you will find a way to “prove” your idea. And invent another story for everyone’s entertainment…

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 08:54:13 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 10:51:06 PM »

That’s a big if…

But I imagine that you will find a way to “prove” your idea. And invent another story for everyone’s entertainment…

If you're seeking entertainment .... read the posts by "Richard Smith".

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 11:06:04 PM »

That’s a big if…

Did we ever resolve the problem of the discrepancy between the Alyea film that shows the carcano lying on the floor and Lt  Day grabbing the leather sling and lifting the rifle FROM THE FLOOR  while the official DPD in situ photo shows the rifle jammed between boxes of books?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 11:06:04 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 11:31:51 PM »
Charles Collins posted this picture of CE 139.   It appears to have been painted black in the past.

This is very interesting.....   Because, before Benito  Mussolini was lynched, he was Il Duce.   And he had a special, elite, corps of body guards.  Those elite body guards had special and very distinctive black uniforms. All of their equipment was highly polished black....boots, belts, helmets, etc. 

Their rifles were the carcano model 91/ 38 short rifle , ( the same model as CE 139) ) The wooden stocks of those rifle were lacquered with a gloss black lacquer ..... They are very very rare and I don't believe that there is one in the US.   ..... BUT.... CE 139 does appear to be one of those carcanos....   

Does anybody know of a very detailed description of CE 139?

Whew.  Red rings, umbrella signals, and now Mussolini.  Maybe Mick and the boys can incorporate this latest fantasy into song:

I see a MC rifle
And I want it painted black
No colors anymore
I want them to turn black.