Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Rock Solid Alibi.....  (Read 39843 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: A Rock Solid Alibi.....
« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2022, 12:05:15 AM »
Advertisement
Yet Garner appears to immediately lost interest in the still-unfolding aftermath outside and was eye-locked on the backstairs. Piper and West, who didn't see as much of the assassination as Garner, aren't supposed to see towards the backstairs.

Yet Garner appears to immediately lost interest in the still-unfolding aftermath outside

Who said she lost interest? She, just like most people at the time, didn't know exactly what was going on. Garner followed Adams and Styles and stopped near the stairs. From there she had a perfect view across the railway yard. Her close proximity to the stairs made it impossible for anybody to cross the landing from one door to the next without making a sound on the wooden floor and thus draw attention to themselves.

West testified that he didn't have a clue there was something going on. He heard no shots and the first time he realized something had happened was when he saw Baker and Truly run to the elevators. Until that moment Piper and West had no reason to look towards the elevators.

Mr. WEST - Well, I had just, after I made coffee, I just had started to eat my lunch because I was a little hungry - I didn't anything that morning before I went to work - and I had started to eat my lunch.
But before I got through, well, all of this was, I mean, the police and things was coming in, and I was just spellbound. I just didn't know what was the matter. So I didn't get through eating. I had to eat about half my lunch, and that is all.
Mr. BELIN - Did you hear any shots fired?
Mr. WEST - I didn't hear a one. Didn't hear a one.

<>

Mr. BELIN - Who was the first person you saw on the first floor after you - while you were eating your lunch? Someone came in the building?
Mr. WEST - Yes; before I got through. The officers and things were coming in the front door.
Mr. BELIN - Who was the first person or persons that you saw coming through there while you were eating your lunch?
Mr. WEST - Well, that was the police.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2022, 12:05:15 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #561 on: September 02, 2022, 12:36:29 AM »
Simply because neither Piper nor West recalled seeing Lee Oswald walk across the 1st floor from the Domino room to the stairs doesn't preclude the fact that Lee did walk from the Domino room to the stairs.... It's entirely possible that Lee could have walked across the room and the sounds of the gunshots distracted Piper and West and the  the routine event of a person walking across the room did not enter their memory banks.

West didn’t hear the gunshots, so your theory doesn’t apply to him.

What I am thinking is that the first floor is an open area for the most part. I don’t remember seeing any photos that show for sure that there is a clear view from West’s workstation area to the path that one would take from the domino room to the stairs. Unless there was some physical barrier to block that view, that I am not aware of, I think that they would have had a clear view. I don’t have a problem saying that there is a possibility that both of them might not have noticed. But if you believe that that is possible, then you really should admit that Dorothy Garner could have not noticed too. Also, BRW could have not noticed someone hidden and being as quiet as a mouse in the sniper’s nest…

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #562 on: September 02, 2022, 01:06:32 AM »

West didn’t hear the gunshots, so your theory doesn’t apply to him.

What I am thinking is that the first floor is an open area for the most part. I don’t remember seeing any photos that show for sure that there is a clear view from West’s workstation area to the path that one would take from the domino room to the stairs. Unless there was some physical barrier to block that view, that I am not aware of, I think that they would have had a clear view. I don’t have a problem saying that there is a possibility that both of them might not have noticed. But if you believe that that is possible, then you really should admit that Dorothy Garner could have not noticed too. Also, BRW could have not noticed someone hidden and being as quiet as a mouse in the sniper’s nest…

I don’t have a problem saying that there is a possibility that both of them might not have noticed. But if you believe that that is possible, then you really should admit that Dorothy Garner could have not noticed too.

Apples and oranges.

Garner was standing directly next to the stairs. West and Piper were some distance away and unaware something was going on until police started to come into the building.

It's utterly dishonest to compare the two situations as if they were equal. West and Piper also did not notice Jarman and Norman as well as Adams and Styles and we know for a fact all four were in fact in the same area where Oswald would have walked.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:10:36 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #562 on: September 02, 2022, 01:06:32 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #563 on: September 02, 2022, 01:13:41 AM »
I don’t have a problem saying that there is a possibility that both of them might not have noticed. But if you believe that that is possible, then you really should admit that Dorothy Garner could have not noticed too.

Apples and oranges.

Garner was standing directly next to the stairs. West and Piper were some distance away and unaware something was going on until police started to come into the building.

It's utterly dishonest to compare the two situations as if they were equal. West and Piper also did not notice Jarman and Norman as well as Adams and Styles and we know for a fact all four were in fact in the same area where Oswald would have walked.

Excellent rebuttal, Martin.  Thanks for saving me from having to respond....

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #564 on: September 02, 2022, 01:32:40 AM »
Excellent rebuttal, Martin.  Thanks for saving me from having to respond....

Well, you still might, because Charles has said he won't be reading my posts anymore.

That will not stop me from posting and replying to his obvious attempt to take the sting out of Dorothy Garner not seeing Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #564 on: September 02, 2022, 01:32:40 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #565 on: September 02, 2022, 01:35:44 AM »
Well, you still might, because Charles has said he won't be reading my posts anymore.

That will not stop me from posting and replying to his obvious attempt to take the sting out of Dorothy Garner not seeing Oswald.

If Charlie persists .... I'll just copy your response and post it, because I can't improve on your rebuttal.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #566 on: September 02, 2022, 02:18:16 AM »

Okay, I found out where this area is located by reading the WC testimony of Troy Eugene West. It is about the middle of the west wall of the first floor. It is where the wrapping machine that West used to wrap the packages is located.

So, I have another question for anyone who subscribes to the idea that LHO was in the domino room when the shots were fired.

In order to get to the second floor break room where Truly and Baker encountered him, LHO would have had to leave the domino room, and walk across the first floor to the stairs. This would have had to occur immediately after the shots were fired in order for the timing to work out. However, both Eddie Piper and Troy Eugene West were on the first floor, but neither one saw LHO do this trek across the first floor at that time. West was at his work station, and Piper was on his way toward West’s work station. Is there some legitimate reason why these two men wouldn’t have seen LHO walking across the first floor at this time? Just asking…

In order to get to the second floor break room where Truly and Baker encountered him, LHO would have had to leave the domino room, and walk across the first floor to the stairs. This would have had to occur immediately after the shots were fired in order for the timing to work out.

What do you mean by "In order for the timing to work out"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #566 on: September 02, 2022, 02:18:16 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #567 on: September 02, 2022, 06:23:40 AM »
One particular thought is not only what Ms Garner might have seen but also what she could have probably heard.
The trek from the domino room to the stairs would be about 80 feet. That should be easily done in 30 secs. No big feat for someone
who allegedly walked 6 [250 ft] blks in 5 minutes or less right?