Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Rock Solid Alibi.....  (Read 39801 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: A Rock Solid Alibi.....
« Reply #360 on: August 18, 2022, 11:36:45 PM »
Advertisement
LOL.  You have twisted this like a pretzel and moved the goal posts out of the stadium and down the street.  ""It could well be"!  You really believe someone was listening to a police radio in their office instead of a regular radio?

If you want to claim that some broadcast radio station was live broadcasting the motorcade progress, then produce that radio station.  "Mrs. Reid said that her husband said that they were listening to a radio" is hardly compelling.  And you said "witnesses".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #360 on: August 18, 2022, 11:36:45 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2022, 11:40:10 PM »
Whew.  So your story now is that in 1963 someone had a police "scanner" in their office as a hobby to listen to the police broadcasts?  If you want to engage in this kind of fantasy, why not entertain the baseless possibility that Oswald had such a scanner?

Says the guy engaging in the baseless fantasy that the radio on a parked motorcycle halfway down Houston street can be heard inside the TSBD.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2022, 11:43:35 PM »
I believe that a woman's (Mrs Reid?) husband called her at about 12:25 and told her where the parade was at that time.  Didn't she testify to that point?

Like most witnesses in this case, her estimate of exact time was not the height of clarity.  She indicates that she ate lunch "hurriedly" at 12 in the second floor lunchroom, stopped to call her husband where he informed her that the "radio" was reporting that the motorcade was delayed by ten minutes, and then went down and out of the building where she waited several minutes before the motorcade arrived.  She estimated that she left the lunchroom at 12:30 which can't be right for obvious reasons.

Mr. BELIN. Where were you on that day commencing with, say, around noon or so?
Mrs. REID. Well, at 12 I went to lunch, and I had my lunch rather hurriedly so that I might go downstairs and watch the parade.

Mr. BFLIN. Now, Mrs. Reid, you left lunch about what time?
Mrs. REID. Well, I left, I ate my lunch hurriedly, I wasn’t watching the time but I wanted to be sure of getting out on the streets in time for the parade before he got there, and I called my husband, who works at the records building, and they had a radio in their offlce and they were listening as the parade progressed and he told me they were running about 10 minutes late.
But I went down rather soon and stood on the steps.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2022, 11:43:35 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2022, 11:54:48 PM »
You suggested that Rowland was on something called Elm and Main and "far away" from the TSBD.  LOL.  Now that you realize that was false you are still claiming a radio broadcast from a police motorcycle can't be heard in a wide open space even just 150 feet away?  Why do you keep repeating the same baseless claim that it was not possible to hear the police radio on the 6th floor with the window open?  Sound waves go up you know.  There is no scientific prohibition on someone sitting in a building with the window open from hearing the same noise that an individual on the street is hearing.  Good grief.  And your ever evolving story about the radio is exactly as I stated it.  You suggested that the radio referenced by Mrs. Reid in her husband's office was, for some inexplicable reason, a police radio to overhear the motorcade progress report!  HA HA HA.   How exactly did this office worker obtain this police radio or scanner or Magic 8 ball or whatever you are suggesting is being referenced by the term "radio,"  How exactly did this office worker obtain this police radio or scanner Magic 8 ball or whatever you are suggesting is being referenced by the term "radio,"  This is hilarious Bigfoot nonsense.

You suggested that Rowland was on something called Elm and Main and "far away" from the TSBD.  LOL.  Now that you realize that was false

There was nothing false about it. It was what Rowland testified verbatim! He clearly wasn't aware of all the street names.

you are still claiming a radio broadcast from a police motorcycle can't be heard in a wide open space even just 150 feet away? 

Because it can't. Period. Prove me wrong or shut up!

Sound waves go up you know.

Hilarious.... they also drown in all the other street noise

There is no scientific prohibition on someone sitting in a building with the window open from hearing the same noise that an individual on the street is hearing.  Good grief.

So prove it..... go on then!

You suggested that the radio referenced by Mrs. Reid in her husband's office was, for some inexplicable reason, a police radio to overhear the motorcade progress report!  HA HA HA. 

Why do you insist in making a fool of yourself over and over again. Why is it impossible that somebody brought a police radio scanner to work to follow the progress of the motorcade?

How exactly did this office worker obtain this police radio or scanner

By buying one in one of the many shops that sell them. You clearly don't understand that just like train or plane spotters quite a few people have a police scanner to follow what is going on. There is nothing odd about it. 

This is hilarious Bigfoot nonsense.

Yes, that's a good way to describe your post.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2022, 03:37:06 AM »
Whew.  So your story now is that in 1963 someone had a police "scanner" in their office as a hobby to listen to the police broadcasts?  If you want to engage in this kind of fantasy, why not entertain the baseless possibility that Oswald had such a scanner?   And you don't believe a police motorcycle radio can be heard from 150 feet away even though Rowland indicated he could hear the broadcast down the street.
Really? Just a reminder----
Mr. ROWLAND - Right afterwards. There was--just before I observed him there was a police motorcycle parked just on the street, not in front of us, just a little past us,..... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2022, 03:37:06 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2022, 02:25:50 PM »
Really? Just a reminder----
Mr. ROWLAND - Right afterwards. There was--just before I observed him there was a police motorcycle parked just on the street, not in front of us, just a little past us,.....

That's right.  The police motorcycle was closer to the TSBD than Rowland.  Making it even more likely that its radio broadcast could be heard by Oswald.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2022, 02:40:10 PM »
You suggested that Rowland was on something called Elm and Main and "far away" from the TSBD.  LOL.  Now that you realize that was false

There was nothing false about it. It was what Rowland testified verbatim! He clearly wasn't aware of all the street names.

you are still claiming a radio broadcast from a police motorcycle can't be heard in a wide open space even just 150 feet away? 

Because it can't. Period. Prove me wrong or shut up!

Sound waves go up you know.

Hilarious.... they also drown in all the other street noise

There is no scientific prohibition on someone sitting in a building with the window open from hearing the same noise that an individual on the street is hearing.  Good grief.

So prove it..... go on then!

You suggested that the radio referenced by Mrs. Reid in her husband's office was, for some inexplicable reason, a police radio to overhear the motorcade progress report!  HA HA HA. 

Why do you insist in making a fool of yourself over and over again. Why is it impossible that somebody brought a police radio scanner to work to follow the progress of the motorcade?

How exactly did this office worker obtain this police radio or scanner

By buying one in one of the many shops that sell them. You clearly don't understand that just like train or plane spotters quite a few people have a police scanner to follow what is going on. There is nothing odd about it. 

This is hilarious Bigfoot nonsense.

Yes, that's a good way to describe your post.

You cited Rowland's testimony that he was on Elm and Main to conclude that he was "far away" from the TSBD.  There is no such location.  Therefore, somehow concluding it was too far away from the TSBD to hear the police radio broadcast demonstrates a profound bias on your part.  Can you understand that?  You concluded that a nonexistent location was too "far away" to hear the radio.  LOL.  Then once you sorted out his actual location, you started making baseless claims like 150 feet is too far away to hear a radio broadcast in an open space.  A completely baseless claim.  Then you asked me to disprove your baseless claim.  Wow.  Then it got even better.  After claiming there was no radio broadcast of the motorcade progress, you concluded that when Mrs. Reid's husband informed her that he had been listening to the radio and was informed that the motorcade was running behind schedule, that his office "radio" was actually a police scanner!  HA HA HA.  This is 1963.  Do you believe he had access to a time machine and ordered it from Amazon?  Another completely baseless and ridiculous interpretation of a 1963 office radio. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2022, 02:40:10 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2022, 04:00:13 PM »
Put up or shut up, "Richard".  What Dallas radio station was live broadcasting the motorcade progress?