Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Rock Solid Alibi.....  (Read 39779 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: A Rock Solid Alibi.....
« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2022, 03:27:03 PM »
Advertisement

Wrong.  Elm and Main are parallel streets.

Yes, I merely quoted Rowland from his testimony.

Rowland's testimony is confusing, but he was standing on Houston.

Yes, Houston is the street that connects Elm and Main.

About 150 feet away.  He also says that the police motorcycle that he makes reference was "not in front of us, just a little past us."   Meaning it was even closer to the TSBD.  No one is saying that Oswald definitively heard the police reports of the motorcade progress.

If nobody is saying that, what's the point of bringing it up in the first place?

Btw, to argue that somebody on the 6th floor of a building can hear broadcasts originating from a police motorbike parked some 150 feet away is just plain idiotic.

What has been demonstrated by the totality of the evidence is that your desperate attempt to exonerate Oswald was entirely false and based on a false premise (i.e. no real time information of the motorcade progress).

Don't you ever get tired of the crap you write here every day? Nothing of that kind has been demonstrated.

There was real time reporting of the motorcade progress.

Only on DPD radio

Witnesses confirm that both police and radio broadcasts noted the progress (as anyone might expect given the circumstances). 

Once again; there were no live radio broadcasts providing details of the progress of the motorcade. Stop making stuff up!

LOL.  You are running like Jessie Owens.  You cited Rowland's testimony and suggested he was too "far away" because he was on something called Elm and Main.  There is no such location.  This after suggesting that no one could hear the police radio of a motorcycle driving through DP.  Not apparently realizing it was parked there. You disputed that there was any real time reporting of the motorcade progress but now apparently accept that there was police radio broadcasts of the motorcade progress.  And split bizarre hairs between this and "reporting of the motorcade progress."  LOL.  All the more bizarre since Rowland indicates he could actually hear the police radio updates of the motorcade in Dealey Plaza.  Only a short distance from the TSBD and not "far away."  What evidence do you have that this could not be heard through an open window on the 6th floor of a nearby building?  Do you know the volume of the police radio broadcast.  It would seemingly be pretty high to hear over a motorcycle engine and crowd noise.  You have stated this as a fact.   Here is the witness testimony (once again) confirming that there were reports of the motorcade delay:

Mrs. Reid.
Well, I left, I ate my lunch hurriedly, I wasn't watching the time but I wanted to be sure of getting out on the streets in time for the parade before he got there, and I called my husband, who works at the records building, and they had a radio in their office and they were listening as the parade progressed and he told me they were running about 10 minutes late.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 03:28:07 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2022, 03:27:03 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2022, 03:39:12 PM »
Let's say I know that two guys named Otto and Martin have lunch most days at the McDonald's on "Elm and Main."  I claim that I saw them there on a particular day.  And they entered through the front door.  It turns out they were actually there because this is what they do.  Do I have an alibi if no one sees me there or otherwise confirms my story and there is evidence that I was elsewhere?  Of course not.  Oswald made up a flimsy story.  CTers then grasp at details like he saw them "walking towards the elevators" as though that would take Nostradamus to predict.  LOL.  This is all the more humorous since you apparently accept on this basis that Oswald had an alibi.  Bringing you out of the CTer closet despite your protestations that you are not a CTer.  If you buy this flimsy story as an alibi for Oswald (as you suggest here), then you are a CTer by implication.  And if you doubt "what he actually said" then why are you relying on it to establish an alibi?

Again, Jarman and Norman did not have a routine of walking towards the elevators at around 12:25, which makes your entire McDonald's fairytale completely irrelevant.

Where you could just know that two people were having lunch at the same location and at the same time most days, there would be no way for you to know what those two people did elsewhere at any other time. The one making up a flimsy story is you. And just to put the record straight; Oswald seeing Norman and Jarman walking towards the elevators is confirmation of his presence on the first floor at that time. It is not an alibi for where he was when the shooting took place.

And if you doubt "what he actually said" then why are you relying on it to establish an alibi?

Very silly.... the reports tell different stories about what Oswald actually said. And who said I was trying to establish an alibi? Unlike you I just follow the factual information to where ever it leads me and in this case the most obvious conclusion is that Oswald must indeed have been at a location where he could observe Jarman and Norman walking towards the elevators. That puts him on the 1st floor a few minutes prior to the shooting.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2022, 03:46:30 PM »
LOL.  You are running like Jessie Owens.  You cited Rowland's testimony and suggested he was too "far away" because he was on something called Elm and Main.  There is no such location.  This after suggesting that no one could hear the police radio of a motorcycle driving through DP.  Not apparently realizing it was parked there. You disputed that there was any real time reporting of the motorcade progress but now apparently accept that there was police radio broadcasts of the motorcade progress.  And split bizarre hairs between this and "reporting of the motorcade progress."  LOL.  All the more bizarre since Rowland indicates he could actually hear the police radio updates of the motorcade in Dealey Plaza.  Only a short distance from the TSBD and not "far away."  What evidence do you have that this could not be heard through an open window on the 6th floor of a nearby building?  Do you know the volume of the police radio broadcast.  It would seemingly be pretty high to hear over a motorcycle engine and crowd noise.  You have stated this as a fact.   Here is the witness testimony (once again) confirming that there were reports of the motorcade delay:

Mrs. Reid.
Well, I left, I ate my lunch hurriedly, I wasn't watching the time but I wanted to be sure of getting out on the streets in time for the parade before he got there, and I called my husband, who works at the records building, and they had a radio in their office and they were listening as the parade progressed and he told me they were running about 10 minutes late.

and they had a radio in their office and they were listening as the parade progressed and he told me they were running about 10 minutes late.

Try to keep up. This has already been discussed. It could well be that they were listening to police radio. Nowhere does it say they were actually listening to a live radio broadcast.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2022, 03:46:30 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2022, 04:13:18 PM »

and they had a radio in their office and they were listening as the parade progressed and he told me they were running about 10 minutes late.

Try to keep up. This has already been discussed. It could well be that they were listening to police radio. Nowhere does it say they were actually listening to a live radio broadcast.

LOL.  You have twisted this like a pretzel and moved the goal posts out of the stadium and down the street.  ""It could well be"!  You really believe someone was listening to a police radio in their office instead of a regular radio?  How were they doing that?  At least you are now acknowledging that there was a real time progress report being made of the motorcade.  Ironically, the very one that we know could be heard via the police radio in Dealey Plaza.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2022, 04:26:41 PM »
LOL.  You have twisted this like a pretzel and moved the goal posts out of the stadium and down the street.  ""It could well be"!  You really believe someone was listening to a police radio in their office instead of a regular radio?  How were they doing that?  At least you are now acknowledging that there was a real time progress report being made of the motorcade.  Ironically, the very one that we know could be heard via the police radio in Dealey Plaza.

You really believe someone was listening to a police radio in their office instead of a regular radio?  How were they doing that?

Just like they are still doing now. Listening to police radio is and always has been a hobby for many people. And when you know the President will be passing by the building where you work, why not simply take a scanner to work to keep track on the motorcade?

Ironically, the very one that we know could be heard via the police radio in Dealey Plaza.

A broadcast originating from a received on a parked motorbike some 150 feet away can not be heard inside the TSBD, no matter how often you repeat this BS

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2022, 04:26:41 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2022, 04:35:51 PM »

Mrs. Reid.

You are running like Jessie Owens.

It's not Martin who is running , Mr "Smith" ....   And if you didn't have your head so deeply inserted, you "might" be able to see how stupid your attempts at refuting Martin are.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2022, 04:40:26 PM »
You really believe someone was listening to a police radio in their office instead of a regular radio?  How were they doing that?

Just like they are still doing now. Listening to police radio is and always has been a hobby for many people. And when you know the President will be passing by the building where you work, why not simply take a scanner to work to keep track on the motorcade?

Ironically, the very one that we know could be heard via the police radio in Dealey Plaza.

A broadcast originating from a received on a parked motorbike some 150 feet away can not be heard inside the TSBD, no matter how often you repeat this BS

Whew.  So your story now is that in 1963 someone had a police "scanner" in their office as a hobby to listen to the police broadcasts?  If you want to engage in this kind of fantasy, why not entertain the baseless possibility that Oswald had such a scanner?   And you don't believe a police motorcycle radio can be heard from 150 feet away even though Rowland indicated he could hear the broadcast down the street. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2022, 04:40:26 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2022, 04:44:07 PM »
You are running like Jessie Owens.

It's not Martin who is running , Mr "Smith" ....   And if you didn't have your head so deeply inserted, you "might" be able to see how stupid your attempts at refuting Martin are.

It's not me refuting him.   It's the witnesses to the events.  This story keeps evolving and changing.  Now we are being told that when someone claims to have listened to the radio in their office, they actually meant that they had a police scanner in their work place to listen too as a hobby!  HA HA HA.  In 1963.  Not much getting done in that work place with the old police scanner squawking all day long.