Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Rock Solid Alibi.....  (Read 39780 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: A Rock Solid Alibi.....
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2022, 01:58:37 PM »
Advertisement
Arnold Rowland was about 280 feet away from the 6th-floor SW window (about 2/3 further away than Brennan was from the SE window). Guess which witness' testimony the critics parade as unimpeachable?

I'm still curious where "Elm and Main" are supposed to be.  Apparently far away.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2022, 01:58:37 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #337 on: August 18, 2022, 02:40:49 PM »
Why are you dragging in that 'could/would' aspect when, again, I'm only addressing the fact that BRW testified that he could not see anything in the SE area because of the stacks of boxes. You only claimed that he didn't see anything, without including the reasons why.

To me, that looks like an attempt to mislead.

Oh, but it is an attempt to mislead on your part. By just saying that BRW said he could not see anything you are ignoring the fact that he most certainly would have heard anybody moving around on that old wooden floor.

You only claimed that he didn't see anything, without including the reasons why.

No I didn't. I said;

It also doesn't place him on the 6th floor.... Bonnie Ray Williams was up there until about 12:20 / 12:25 and he saw or heard nobody.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2022, 02:52:06 PM »
We have beat that one to death.  Oswald had worked in the building for weeks.  He had observed the typical patterns of his coworkers.  For example, who had lunch where and with whom. It wouldn't take Nostradamus to figure this out.  And, of course, a suspect does not obtain an alibi by claiming to see others.  He obtains an alibi when others can confirm his presence.   None did.
Lastly, I thought CTers questioned the accuracy of Oswald's statements while in custody?  Does that only apply when he said something incriminatory?  That's a rhetorical question since I know the answer.

The king of BS strikes again!

Oswald had worked in the building for weeks.  He had observed the typical patterns of his coworkers.  For example, who had lunch where and with whom.

Even if true, it's utterly meaningless as Jarman and Norman going up to the 5th floor to watch the motorcade was never part of any "typical pattern"

And, of course, a suspect does not obtain an alibi by claiming to see others.  He obtains an alibi when others can confirm his presence.   None did.

An alibi can be obtained in many ways and does not require others to see the suspect. All that is needed is information of any kind that confirms the suspect was or must have been at a particular location at a particular time. Oswald seeing Jarman and Norman walk towards the elevators at a time when they in fact were walking there is sufficient confirmation of his presence at that location

Lastly, I thought CTers questioned the accuracy of Oswald's statements while in custody?

How can anybody question the accuracy of Oswald's statements when there is no verbatim record of what he actually said? Questioning the veracity of the reports is more likely.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 03:23:25 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2022, 02:52:06 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2022, 03:01:44 PM »
Oh, but it is an attempt to mislead on your part. By just saying that BRW said he could not see anything you are ignoring the fact that he most certainly would have heard anybody moving around on that old wooden floor.

You only claimed that he didn't see anything, without including the reasons why.

No I didn't. I said;

…you are ignoring the fact that he most certainly would have heard anybody moving around on that old wooden floor.

This wouldn’t even be relevant if LHO was already situated in the sniper’s nest before BRW came back to the sixth floor, and was keeping out of sight and making no noticeable noises.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2022, 03:04:22 PM »
Wrong.  Elm and Main are parallel streets.  Rowland's testimony is confusing, but he was standing on Houston.  Obviously in plain sight and close proximity to the TSBD since he references the clock and seeing a person with a gun in the building.  About 150 feet away.  He also says that the police motorcycle that he makes reference was "not in front of us, just a little past us."   Meaning it was even closer to the TSBD.  No one is saying that Oswald definitively heard the police reports of the motorcade progress.  Only Oswald could know that.  He certainly could have, however.  He also had a good idea from the media reports of the timing of the motorcade.  He had eyes and ears to hear the approach of the motorcade.  Most such events run a few minutes late.  What has been demonstrated by the totality of the evidence is that your desperate attempt to exonerate Oswald was entirely false and based on a false premise (i.e. no real time information of the motorcade progress).  There was real time reporting of the motorcade progress.  Witnesses confirm that both police and radio broadcasts noted the progress (as anyone might expect given the circumstances). 

"The Rowlands stood at the west entrance of the Dallas County Records Building on Houston Street, about 150 feet from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository."

Wrong.  Elm and Main are parallel streets.

Yes, I merely quoted Rowland from his testimony.

Rowland's testimony is confusing, but he was standing on Houston.

Yes, Houston is the street that connects Elm and Main.

About 150 feet away.  He also says that the police motorcycle that he makes reference was "not in front of us, just a little past us."   Meaning it was even closer to the TSBD.  No one is saying that Oswald definitively heard the police reports of the motorcade progress.

If nobody is saying that, what's the point of bringing it up in the first place?

Btw, to argue that somebody on the 6th floor of a building can hear broadcasts originating from a police motorbike parked some 150 feet away is just plain idiotic.

What has been demonstrated by the totality of the evidence is that your desperate attempt to exonerate Oswald was entirely false and based on a false premise (i.e. no real time information of the motorcade progress).

Don't you ever get tired of the crap you write here every day? Nothing of that kind has been demonstrated.

There was real time reporting of the motorcade progress.

Only on DPD radio

Witnesses confirm that both police and radio broadcasts noted the progress (as anyone might expect given the circumstances). 

Once again; there were no live radio broadcasts providing details of the progress of the motorcade. Stop making stuff up!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2022, 03:04:22 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2022, 03:09:53 PM »

…you are ignoring the fact that he most certainly would have heard anybody moving around on that old wooden floor.

This wouldn’t even be relevant if LHO was already situated in the sniper’s nest before BRW came back to the sixth floor, and was keeping out of sight and making no noticeable noises.

"If" ?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2022, 03:14:59 PM »
The king of BS strikes again!

Oswald had worked in the building for weeks.  He had observed the typical patterns of his coworkers.  For example, who had lunch where and with whom.

Even if true, it's utterly meaningless as Jarman and Norman going up to the 5th floor to watch the motorcade was never part of any "typical pattern"

And, of course, a suspect does not obtain an alibi by claiming to see others.  He obtains an alibi when others can confirm his presence.   None did.

More BS. An alibi can be obtained in many ways and does not require others to see the suspect. All that is needed is information of any kind that confirms the suspect was or must have been at a particular location at a particular time. Oswald seeing Jarman and Norman walk towards the elevators at a time when they did in fact were walking there is sufficient confirmation of his presence at that location

Lastly, I thought CTers questioned the accuracy of Oswald's statements while in custody?

How can anybody question the accuracy of Oswald's statements when there is no verbatim record of what he actually said? Questioning the veracity of the reports is more likely.

Let's say I know that two guys named Otto and Martin have lunch most days at the McDonald's on "Elm and Main."  I claim that I saw them there on a particular day.  And they entered through the front door.  It turns out they were actually there because this is what they do.  Do I have an alibi if no one sees me there or otherwise confirms my story and there is evidence that I was elsewhere?  Of course not.  Oswald made up a flimsy story.  CTers then grasp at details like he saw them "walking towards the elevators" as though that would take Nostradamus to predict.  LOL.  This is all the more humorous since you apparently accept on this basis that Oswald had an alibi.  Bringing you out of the CTer closet despite your protestations that you are not a CTer.  If you buy this flimsy story as an alibi for Oswald (as you suggest here), then you are a CTer by implication.  And if you doubt "what he actually said" then why are you relying on it to establish an alibi?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2022, 03:14:59 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2022, 03:20:05 PM »
"If" ?

Not in my mind. Just don’t want to argue about it.