Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Rock Solid Alibi.....  (Read 41669 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: A Rock Solid Alibi.....
« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2022, 05:48:54 PM »
Advertisement
It's not me refuting him.   It's the witnesses to the events.  This story keeps evolving and changing.  Now we are being told that when someone claims to have listened to the radio in their office, they actually meant that they had a police scanner in their work place to listen too as a hobby!  HA HA HA.  In 1963.  Not much getting done in that work place with the old police scanner squawking all day long.

I believe that a woman's (Mrs Reid?) husband called her at about 12:25 and told her where the parade was at that time.  Didn't she testify to that point?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2022, 05:48:54 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2022, 06:10:01 PM »
Whew.  So your story now is that in 1963 someone had a police "scanner" in their office as a hobby to listen to the police broadcasts?  If you want to engage in this kind of fantasy, why not entertain the baseless possibility that Oswald had such a scanner?   And you don't believe a police motorcycle radio can be heard from 150 feet away even though Rowland indicated he could hear the broadcast down the street.

So your story now is that in 1963 someone had a police "scanner" in their office as a hobby to listen to the police broadcasts?

Stop misrepresenting what I said.

And you don't believe a police motorcycle radio can be heard from 150 feet away even though Rowland indicated he could hear the broadcast down the street.

Rowland wasn't 150 feet away from the motorcycle and he most certainly wasn't on the 6th floor of a building with all, except one, windows closed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 07:51:54 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2022, 06:13:50 PM »
It's not me refuting him.   It's the witnesses to the events.  This story keeps evolving and changing.  Now we are being told that when someone claims to have listened to the radio in their office, they actually meant that they had a police scanner in their work place to listen too as a hobby!  HA HA HA.  In 1963.  Not much getting done in that work place with the old police scanner squawking all day long.

when someone claims to have listened to the radio in their office

Who claimed that?

they actually meant that they had a police scanner in their work place to listen too as a hobby!

Again, not what I said. When you have to keep misrepresenting what I said, you've already lost the argument.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2022, 06:13:50 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #355 on: August 18, 2022, 11:09:34 PM »
Are we moving on from your previous false claim that there was no real time broadcast of the motorcade progress to something new?

Nice deflection.  We were discussing your previous false claim that the progress of the motorcade was being reported in real time over the broadcast radio.

This statement also contains a false premise since Oswald wasn't in the lunchroom.

LOL

We know only that he was in the 6th floor window at 12:30 since that is when he pulled the trigger of his rifle at that moment.

LOL.  "We" don't "know" anything of the kind.

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2022, 11:14:24 PM »
What part of my focus on BRW and his reasons for not being not able to see the SE section do you not get?

Why did Rowland see a black man in the SE window, then?  How did the remains of BRW's lunch end up on boxes behind the SE window?  He could certainly see the SE window from the SE window.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2022, 11:14:24 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #357 on: August 18, 2022, 11:20:11 PM »
No one is saying that Oswald definitively heard the police reports of the motorcade progress.  Only Oswald could know that.  He certainly could have, however.

"Could have".  LOL.

He also had a good idea from the media reports of the timing of the motorcade.

Who was making these "media reports", and how exactly was Oswald hearing them?

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2022, 11:23:59 PM »
So your story now is that in 1963 someone had a police "scanner" in their office as a hobby to listen to the police broadcasts?

Stop misrepresenting what I said.

And you don't believe a police motorcycle radio can be heard from 150 feet away even though Rowland indicated he could hear the broadcast down the street.

Rowland wasn't 150 feet away from the motorcycle and he most certainly wasn't on the 6th floor of a building with all, except one, windows closed.

You suggested that Rowland was on something called Elm and Main and "far away" from the TSBD.  LOL.  Now that you realize that was false you are still claiming a radio broadcast from a police motorcycle can't be heard in a wide open space even just 150 feet away?  Why do you keep repeating the same baseless claim that it was not possible to hear the police radio on the 6th floor with the window open?  Sound waves go up you know.  There is no scientific prohibition on someone sitting in a building with the window open from hearing the same noise that an individual on the street is hearing.  Good grief.  And your ever evolving story about the radio is exactly as I stated it.  You suggested that the radio referenced by Mrs. Reid in her husband's office was, for some inexplicable reason, a police radio to overhear the motorcade progress report!  HA HA HA.   How exactly did this office worker obtain this police radio or scanner or Magic 8 ball or whatever you are suggesting is being referenced by the term "radio,"  This is hilarious Bigfoot nonsense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2022, 11:23:59 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2022, 11:28:05 PM »
Let's say I know that two guys named Otto and Martin have lunch most days at the McDonald's on "Elm and Main."  I claim that I saw them there on a particular day.  And they entered through the front door.  It turns out they were actually there because this is what they do.

How do you know who had lunch with whom on "most days"?  How do you know what Oswald knew about his coworkers' lunch habits?  Oh yeah, you made it up, because this is what you do.

If you buy this flimsy story as an alibi for Oswald (as you suggest here), then you are a CTer by implication.

Interesting.  How does this imply a conspiracy?  Or do you not know what "CT" stands for?