Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Rock Solid Alibi.....  (Read 38967 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: A Rock Solid Alibi.....
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2022, 10:41:37 PM »
Advertisement
Here's what I don't get..
JFK was scheduled to speak at the Dallas Trade Mart at 12:30 PM.
An announcement came there that the motorcade was running behind the timetable---https://magazine.utdallas.edu/the-jfk-connection/

Why would those guys take a chance of missing the parade [as scheduled] by abandoning their spot and walking all the way around to the rear of the building and then taking some pokey elevator to the upper floors?
Also...how would a snipers' nest shooter [who had no such information about the delay] know when to occupy their position?
The newspapers having also published the agenda...the motorcade should then have been through Dealey Plaza at perhaps between 11:50-12:10ish---allowing 5-10 minutes to arrive at the Trade Mart parking lot and JFK to have time to arrive at the podium.
Only a team with radio communication would be able to relay the actual accurate progress of the motorcade.

a team with radio communication would be able to relay the actual accurate progress of the motorcade.

Yes, You're right ....  And the DPD had the radio communication....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2022, 10:41:37 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2022, 04:19:48 PM »
Here's what I don't get..
JFK was scheduled to speak at the Dallas Trade Mart at 12:30 PM.
An announcement came there that the motorcade was running behind the timetable---https://magazine.utdallas.edu/the-jfk-connection/

Why would those guys take a chance of missing the parade [as scheduled] by abandoning their spot and walking all the way around to the rear of the building and then taking some pokey elevator to the upper floors?
Also...how would a snipers' nest shooter [who had no such information about the delay] know when to occupy their position?
The newspapers having also published the agenda...the motorcade should then have been through Dealey Plaza at perhaps between 11:50-12:10ish---allowing 5-10 minutes to arrive at the Trade Mart parking lot and JFK to have time to arrive at the podium.
Only a team with radio communication would be able to relay the actual accurate progress of the motorcade.

The progress of the motorcade was being reported in real time over the broadcast and police radios.  I recall some witness in Dealey Plaza noting that they could hear the location of the motorcade being reported via the motorcycle police radios.  In addition, there was a lot of noise as the motorcade approached.  The sound of the crowd and caravan of motorcycles etc.  These events almost always run behind schedule.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2022, 02:28:16 AM »
The progress of the motorcade was being reported in real time over the broadcast and police radios.
Prove it. Yes ...for once in your life cite proof of what you claim. I will provide the sources---

Give us the time stamps there. I only hear music and commercials until the shooting is reported.

Same there just usual police racket until all hell breaks loose.

Otherwise stop making stuff up...it's embarrassing.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2022, 02:28:16 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #291 on: August 16, 2022, 02:44:03 PM »
Prove it. Yes ...for once in your life cite proof of what you claim. I will provide the sources---

Give us the time stamps there. I only hear music and commercials until the shooting is reported.

Same there just usual police racket until all hell breaks loose.

Otherwise stop making stuff up...it's embarrassing.

Mr. SPECTER - When, after you first observed him did you have a conversation about him with your wife?
Mr. ROWLAND - Right afterwards. There was--just before I observed him there was a police motorcycle parked just on the street, not in front of us, just a little past us, and the radio was on it giving the details of the motorcade, where it was positioned, and right after the time I noticed him and when my wife was pointing this other thing to me, I don't remember what that was, the dispatcher came on and gave the position of the motorcade as being on Cedar Springs. This would be in the area of Turtle Creek, down in that area.
I can't remember the street's name but I know where it is at. And this was the position of the motorcade and it was about 15 or 16 after 12.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #292 on: August 16, 2022, 03:29:58 PM »
Mr. SPECTER - When, after you first observed him did you have a conversation about him with your wife?
Mr. ROWLAND - Right afterwards. There was--just before I observed him there was a police motorcycle parked just on the street, not in front of us, just a little past us, and the radio was on it giving the details of the motorcade, where it was positioned, and right after the time I noticed him and when my wife was pointing this other thing to me, I don't remember what that was, the dispatcher came on and gave the position of the motorcade as being on Cedar Springs. This would be in the area of Turtle Creek, down in that area.
I can't remember the street's name but I know where it is at. And this was the position of the motorcade and it was about 15 or 16 after 12.

So, this communication must be on the DPD radio recordings. Where is it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #292 on: August 16, 2022, 03:29:58 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #293 on: August 16, 2022, 03:46:00 PM »
So, this communication must be on the DPD radio recordings. Where is it?

No idea not having searched them for this information.  Have you?  Jerry made the baseless claim that no one could possibly have known that the motorcade was running behind schedule.  Of course, most such events do run a few minutes late.  I simply cited the fact that a witness in Dealey Plaza (one often cited by CTers) also indicated that the progress of the motorcade could be heard over the police radios.  Jerry was apparently unaware of this fact since he went into hysterics suggesting that I had made this up.  I then provided the specific witness statement that I had made reference (and which Jerry apparently was unaware of). 

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #294 on: August 16, 2022, 05:13:16 PM »
“Richard” must have forgotten that he also claimed the motorcade progress was being announced over broadcast radio.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #294 on: August 16, 2022, 05:13:16 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #295 on: August 16, 2022, 05:54:01 PM »
We are playing whack a mole again.   The original claim was that it was not possible to know the location/timing of the motorcade as it made its way to Dealey Plaza.  Then it was deemed a lie to suggest that there was reporting of the progress of the motorcade (as you might expect so that those responsible for security had a head's up as it approached their location). The witness testimony indicates that the motorcade was being reported over the police radio and reports of its progress could be heard in Dealey Plaza as it approached.  And, of course, the motorcade was the top news story that day in Dallas and was widely covered on broadcast TV and radio.  In addition, the crowd and motorcade noise were audible as the motorcade progressed through the city.  You could hear it approaching.   There was nothing impossible about anticipating the arrival of the motorcade in Dealey Plaza or knowing that it would be a few minutes behind schedule (as most such events are).  And even if this baseless claim had any validity (i.e. there would be no way for Oswald to know the exact time the motorcade would pass the building) that does nothing to preclude him from still being the assassin.  Instead down the rabbit hole we go.