Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Rock Solid Alibi.....  (Read 39782 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: A Rock Solid Alibi.....
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2022, 03:33:32 PM »
Advertisement
But, my dear Mr Collins, Insp. Sawyer is reading a transcript of the DPD radio for Mr Belin. Or do you think that, as he is giving his testimony, he has a witness standing beside him and, after that witness' whispering in his ears, informs Mr Belin: "Current witness can't remember that"? (Perhaps you do... nothing would surprise me at this stage.)

And-------to return to your "pertinent transcript"-------if you think that "About 30, 5'10", 165 pounds" is Insp. Sawyer's actual response to the Dispatcher's question, "any clothing description?", then we'll just have to add that to the already impressive tally of absurd things you believe!

Thumb1:

The DPD radio transcript used for Sawyer’s testimony appears to me be incorrect. The actual recordings are the physical evidence that shows what was said (and what wasn’t said).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2022, 03:33:32 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2022, 04:39:58 PM »

The DPD radio transcript used for Sawyer’s testimony appears to me be incorrect.

Of course it does, Mr Collins. Anything that threatens your favorite bedtime story appears to you to be incorrect

Thumb1:

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2022, 12:10:56 AM »
What’s weird is that in the dpdtapes transcript nobody tells the dispatcher over the radio that it was a white male, so where did he get that info for the “attention all squads” broadcast of the description?

This article is mostly about the channel-1 recording, which is Sawyer exhibit B. But it clearly states that Henslee prepared transcripts of both channels. A look at Sawyer exhibit A shows that it is a transcript of channel 2. Here’s a snip from the article:

DPD Sergeant Gerald Dalton Henslee prepared an edited transcript of the channel 1 and 2 transmissions in the first few days of December 1963, and his testimony before the Warren Commission on April 8, 1964 clearly states that the transcripts were made directly from the original recordings – “They were prepared from the tapes on the channel 1. We have a tape on channel 1, and we have a record on channel 2. Two separate tape records, but they are prepared from those records and tapes.” Endnote The record shows that Henslee’s channel 1 transcript was given to Police Chief Jesse Curry on December 5, 1963. Curry gave the transcript to Secret Service Inspector Thomas Kelley, who forwarded it to his superior under date of December 6. The transcript was later entered into the records of the Warren Commission as Sawyer Exhibit B on April 8, 1964 at the time of Henslee’s testimony.

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/scally.htm

Sawyer Exhibit A page 392:

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0208b.htm
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 12:16:41 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2022, 12:10:56 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2022, 11:03:54 AM »

This article is mostly about the channel-1 recording, which is Sawyer exhibit B. But it clearly states that Henslee prepared transcripts of both channels. A look at Sawyer exhibit A shows that it is a transcript of channel 2. Here’s a snip from the article:

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/scally.htm

"DPD Sergeant Gerald Dalton Henslee prepared an edited transcript of the channel 1 and 2 transmissions in the first few days of December 1963................"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2022, 11:03:54 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2022, 11:08:54 AM »
Compare!

EXHIBIT A
15 (Captain C.E. Talbert)  Could 9 determine whether man was supposed to have been still in the building or was he supposed to have left?
Dispatcher   I didn't know for sure and the witnesses didn't have the description, but we have got that building surrounded by now and we should know something before long.
9 (Inspector J.H. Sawyer)   On this building, it's unknown whether he is still in the building or not known if he was there in the first place.
531 (Sergeant G.D. Henslee)   Well, all the information we have receive, 9, indicates that it did come from about the 5th or 4th floor of that building.

EXHIBIT B

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2022, 07:31:09 PM »
excerpt from Commission Exhibit 705 (pages 75-76): (note: there is no response concerning current witness can't remember that, nor is there anything about a white male)

Unknown:   The type of weapon locked like a 30-30 rifle or some type
of Winchester .
Disp:   9 ; it was a rifle?
9:   A rifle, yes .
Disp:    9, any clothing description?
9:    Abut 30, 5 1 101", 165 lbs .
Disp:    Attention all squads, the suspect in the shooting at
Elm and Houston is supposed to be an unknown white
male, approximately 30, 165 lbs ., slender build, armed
with what is thought to be a 30-30 rifle . - repeat,
unknown white male, approximately 30, 165 lbs ., slender
build . No further description at this time or information, 12:45 p .m.
15:  Could 9 determine whether man was supposed to have been
still in the building or was he supposed to have left?
Disp:   I didn't know for sure and the witnesses didn't have
the description, but we have got that building secured
by now and we should know something before long .
9:   On this building, its unknown Whether he is still in
the building or not or known if he was there in the first
place .
531:   Well, all the information we have received, 9, indicates that it did come from about the 5th or 4th floor
of that building.

It is difficult to decide which of the three transcripts included in the Warren Commission Documents to believe. But I think that the Sawyer Exhibits A and B are probably the most accurate. I base that opinion on Henslee reportedly being the radio dispatcher manning channel 2 at that time, and reportedly creating the Sawyer exhibit A&B transcripts from the original recordings. I think Henslee (as someone who regularly dispatched on this radio system) would be more likely to be able to understand the lingo and recognize voices and words and identify the people making the calls than someone who was less familiar with all those items.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2022, 07:31:09 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2022, 08:44:57 PM »
excerpt from Commission Exhibit 705 (pages 75-76): (note: there is no response concerning current witness can't remember that, nor is there anything about a white male)

Unknown:   The type of weapon locked like a 30-30 rifle or some type
of Winchester .
Disp:   9 ; it was a rifle?
9:   A rifle, yes .
9:    Abut 30, 5 1 101", 165 lbs .
Disp:    Attention all squads, the suspect in the shooting at
Elm and Houston is supposed to be an unknown white
male, approximately 30, 165 lbs ., slender build, armed
with what is thought to be a 30-30 rifle . - repeat,
unknown white male, approximately 30, 165 lbs ., slender
build . No further description at this time or information, 12:45 p .m.
15:  Could 9 determine whether man was supposed to have been
still in the building or was he supposed to have left?
Disp:   I didn't know for sure and the witnesses didn't have
the description, but we have got that building secured
by now and we should know something before long .
9:   On this building, its unknown Whether he is still in
the building or not or known if he was there in the first
place .
531:   Well, all the information we have received, 9, indicates that it did come from about the 5th or 4th floor
of that building.

It is difficult to decide which of the three transcripts included in the Warren Commission Documents to believe. But I think that the Sawyer Exhibits A and B are probably the most accurate. I base that opinion on Henslee reportedly being the radio dispatcher manning channel 2 at that time, and reportedly creating the Sawyer exhibit A&B transcripts from the original recordings. I think Henslee (as someone who regularly dispatched on this radio system) would be more likely to be able to understand the lingo and recognize voices and words and identify the people making the calls than someone who was less familiar with all those items.

9:    About 30, 5'10", 165 lbs .

:D