Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Umbrella Man: Suspicious  (Read 20442 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Umbrella Man: Suspicious
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2022, 07:48:27 AM »
Advertisement
AGAIN I'm talking about Dark Complected Man. His fist raised to let spotters know he was still alive. Spotters see the signal and communicate to others it's still on. So the shooters are going to know from different areas of the target zone if he was mortally hit? Instead they continue to shoot until mission is aborted.

Enlarge the gif below and you will see that DCM is waving. He does not have a raised fist.

What might be of interest is that, at this specific moment (which I believe to be the first shot), Hill and both motorcycle cops appear to be distracted by Umbrella Man and DCM.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2022, 07:48:27 AM »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2022, 08:01:29 AM »
AGAIN I'm talking about Dark Complected Man. His fist raised to let spotters know he was still alive. Spotters see the signal and communicate to others it's still on. So the shooters are going to know from different areas of the target zone if he was mortally hit? Instead they continue to shoot until mission is aborted.

I'm not an LNer, but that is nonsense. As I said, the shooter(s) would have been totally locked on their target 100%. They would have been able to see themselves that Kennedy slumped to the side - i.e. hit. Shots fired. Disappear.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2022, 01:48:36 PM »
We are in agreement on this point.

Thank you...so you too think it's what the assassins thought is what is relevant.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2022, 01:48:36 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2022, 03:11:00 PM »
From a BBC story on Neville Chamberlain and his umbrella (link below):

"Neville Chamberlain always liked to carry a big black umbrella. It was intended to project an image of the quintessential Englishman, who was always smart, prepared and, in a manner of speaking, neatly furled. When Chamberlain arrived home after meeting Hitler at Munich in 1938, he was clutching Hitler's signed piece of paper in one hand and his brolly in the other. His umbrella now took on a new and potent symbolism as a "peace umbrella" and one that would keep the German bombs from raining down on British heads. He was sent hundreds of umbrellas by a grateful public and there was even a song composed at the time that contained the lyrics, "You look swell holding your umbrella / All the world loves a wonderful fella".

Yet as war broke out in Europe, Chamberlain's trademark brolly was quickly seized upon by his enemies as a laughable symbol of his gentlemanly ineffectiveness and it became a lightening-rod for critics of appeasement. Declassified MI5 records reveal how Hitler mocked him for it - and Chamberlain's once so celebrated umbrella morphed from useful trademark into an embarrassing symbol of political weakness and pusillanimity."

The umbrella became a "lightening-rod for critics of appeasement" and "morphed from useful trademark into an embarrassing symbol of political weakness and pusillanimity."

Full piece here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07mxt94
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 03:19:33 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2022, 03:30:05 PM »
I don't think it would have occurred to JFK in a million years that the pumping umbrella represented his refusal to provide air cover for the Bay of Pigs invasion force.

It is debatable that JFK refused to provide air cover. The story is much more complex than most history books paint it as being. It should be noted that the initial reports on the first air strike said it had been mostly successful, that it had destroyed almost all of Castro's air force--those reports were false. But, perhaps with these reports in mind, and concerned about plausible deniability and the uproar that the first raid had caused, President Kennedy probably felt it was both safe and prudent to cancel the second air attack. Nevertheless, when subsequent events proved that the first raid had not destroyed enough of Castro's air power, Kennedy reauthorized a second air strike. It was scheduled for Sunday night, April 17. Unfortunately, there was a thick cloud cover that night, which made it impossible to carry out the raid. Moreover, after it became apparent that too many of Castro's planes had survived, JFK authorized the B-26s to bomb at will, and on the afternoon of the invasion one bombing raid destroyed an entire battalion of Castro's forces.

I don't think it would have occurred to JFK in a million years that the pumping umbrella represented his refusal to provide air cover for the Bay of Pigs invasion force.

It's irrelevant what you or I believe..... If the Cubans thought that the umbrella would remind JFK about his failure to provide an air umbrella over the brigade .....then that might be the reason that "Umbrella Man" was waving that umbrella.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2022, 03:30:05 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2022, 03:44:21 PM »
what’s the odds of  the one guy out of all the crowd who even has an umbrella, raising that umbrella 1 sec before the z224 shot is fired? And right at that location too?

What’s the odds the umbrella  man sits down right beside the only other man in same proximity to the JFK limo, DC man,  who also raised his hand and moved towards t he limo right before Z224 shot?

What’s the odds BOTH of these men were completely ignored by FBI,SS,DPD officers questioning everyone else?

What’s the odds both men seem to disappear , one for 15 tears and the other never to be found again?

What’s the odds the guy with the umbrella whom THOUSANDS of media articles and news shows have disclosed over 15years, is “unaware” of such information?

What’s the odds that DC man would have remained obscure and never present himself to clear  up all the suspicion about himself?

the actions of both umbrella man and DC man capture the attention of nearly all the SS men riding in follow up limo just preceding the z224 shot.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2022, 03:57:15 PM »
I'm not an LNer, but that is nonsense. As I said, the shooter(s) would have been totally locked on their target 100%. They would have been able to see themselves that Kennedy slumped to the side - i.e. hit. Shots fired. Disappear.
The concept could have been...were more shots absolutely necessary?
Why take chances if no more were needed?
 Mr Gordon Arnold the US soldier back then who reported that....
.... there were guys behind the fence and one wore a police uniform....
You posted the video!
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,3429.msg126511.html#msg126511

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2022, 03:57:15 PM »

Offline Paul J Cummings

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2022, 04:01:22 PM »
what’s the odds of  the one guy out of all the crowd who even has an umbrella, raising that umbrella 1 sec before the z224 shot is fired? And right at that location too?

What’s the odds the umbrella  man sits down right beside the only other man in same proximity to the JFK limo, DC man,  who also raised his hand and moved towards t he limo right before Z224 shot?

What’s the odds BOTH of these men were completely ignored by FBI,SS,DPD officers questioning everyone else?

What’s the odds both men seem to disappear , one for 15 tears and the other never to be found again?

What’s the odds the guy with the umbrella whom THOUSANDS of media articles and news shows have disclosed over 15years, is “unaware” of such information?

What’s the odds that DC man would have remained obscure and never present himself to clear  up all the suspicion about himself?

the actions of both umbrella man and DC man capture the attention of nearly all the SS men riding in follow up limo just preceding the z224 shot.

What are the odds after shots being fired with everyone else running or walking around while these two sit on the curb? The only thing missing from "UM and DCM" is them lightening some heaters after Kennedy got hit.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 04:04:12 PM by Paul J Cummings »