Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Umbrella Man: Suspicious  (Read 20452 times)

Offline Paul J Cummings

Re: Umbrella Man: Suspicious
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 05:14:54 AM »
Advertisement
Because some people believe that the "Umbrella Man" was actually a protest against Joseph Kennedy who backed appeasment with Chamberlain. It's about as bogus as Steven Witt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 05:14:54 AM »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 08:37:35 AM »
No snipers would have their eyes on two other guys, while they waited for a signal to shoot. They would be totally locked on their target and choosing their moment to fire themselves.
One guy waving, the other jiggling his (sun-shield) umbrella as a way of waving hello.

Offline Paul J Cummings

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 12:59:06 PM »
No snipers would have their eyes on two other guys, while they waited for a signal to shoot. They would be totally locked on their target and choosing their moment to fire themselves.
One guy waving, the other jiggling his (sun-shield) umbrella as a way of waving hello.

It's likely he was signaling the spotters and not the shooters.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 12:59:06 PM »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 01:05:32 PM »
It's likely he was signaling the spotters and not the shooters.

The spotters?

Offline Paul J Cummings

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 01:38:25 PM »
The spotters?

Yes spotters. Most likely they were the communications and kept people at bay for the shooters.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 01:38:25 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 02:19:55 PM »
I think that you're on the right track, Michael....  I've long believed that the umbrella was a reminder to JFK that he left the brigade with no aircover when he pulled the "Umbrella of air cover" for the Cubans who were trying to gain a foothold at Bay Of Pigs. Those Cuban's who were under the control of the CIA blamed JFK for their failure and capture by Castro's forces. It wasn't JFK's fault at all....The CIA  was to blame for the failure...but they wouldn't accept the responsibility, and placed the blame on JFK.   John Kennedy being the kind of man he was accepted the blame....( He felt that If it happened on his watch, he was responsible )  The  red rings on the Windows of the TSBD  were also there to remind  JFK that he had betrayed the CIA trained Cuban exiles who were ashore at red beach , and needed the aircover that the CIA had promised them that JFK would provide.

This ranks up there with the red rings fairy tale.  Do you really think JFK would see an umbrella in the crowd and think to himself this is a "reminder" of the "umbrellas of air cover" at the Bay of Pigs?  HA HA HA HA HA.  Comedy gold.  I truly hope you don't believe this tin foil hat nonsense.  But I can't resist playing along.  Why would your fantasy conspirators want to "remind" him of this event just moments before killing him? 

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 02:22:38 PM »
Yes spotters. Most likely they were the communications and kept people at bay for the shooters.

Spotters for what?  Anyone in Dealey Plaza could see and hear the motorcade as it approached but the fantasy conspirators need someone conspicuous to stand out in the open and bring attention to himself?  Unreal. Again, I hope no one actually takes this seriously and are just passing the time with a game of make up a good story because this is Bigfoot and ghost hunter territory.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 02:22:38 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2022, 02:26:36 PM »
Until very recently, I had always ignored the issue of Umbrella Man. I've never written a word about him in any of my articles or books. However, now that I've done some research on the matter, I find his actions suspicious and do not believe Louie Witt's story.

Witt's story that the umbrella was intended to protest the appeasement of Hitler by Neville Chamberlain and secondarily by JFK's father is absurd on its face. For starters, the umbrella was never considered to be a symbol of Chamberlain.

What's more, Witt's descriptions of his actions do not match the actions that we see Umbrella Man doing in the Zapruder film. Witt claimed he was just fiddling with the umbrella while trying to open it, but that is not at all what we see in the Z film. In the Z film, Umbrella Man holds his umbrella in the air and pumps it.

Another odd figure on the grassy knoll was the dark complected man (DCM). As the limo passes and while Umbrella Man is pumping his umbrella, DCM thrusts his fist up into the air.

Strangely, Umbrella Man and DCM, presumably strangers, instead of reacting with apparent horror or shock, sit down together on the curb and appear to calmly survey the scene.

In addition, enlargements of footage/photos that show DCM clearly seem to show something that looks like a radio or walkie-talkie protruding from his back pocket.
There's a long documented history of Neville Chamberlain being called "umbrella man" and the umbrella being considered a symbol of his appeasement and appeasement in general. Do a simple search: "Neville Chamberlain and umbrella." You'll get lots of hits explaining the meaning.

The origins of the term apparently began with a book critical of Chamberlain and others that was published shortly after Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia and violated the Munich peace agreement. In 1940, a group of British writers published a book called "Guilty Men" which became a best seller and was extremely influential. The authors denounced 15 British figures - including most notably Neville Chamberlain - for their appeasement of Hitler. Chamberlain was called "Umbrella Man" in a chapter (and elsewhere) in the book. See below.

In the Robert Dallek book on JFK, he mentions that in his campaign LBJ "pilloried Joe Kennedy as a Nazi appeaser: "I wasn't any Chamberlain umbrella man policy man," he declared. "I never thought Hitler was right."

"Umbrella man policy" means appeasement.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 04:35:50 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »