Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Position of the Bolt on the MC  (Read 32921 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The Position of the Bolt on the MC
« Reply #384 on: September 06, 2022, 11:58:21 PM »
Advertisement
From Eugene Boone's WC testimony:

"Well, I proceeded to the east end of the building, I guess, and started working our way across the building to the west wall, looking in, under, and around all the boxes and pallets, and what-have-you that were on the floor. Looking for the weapon. And as I got to the west wall, there were a row of windows there, and a slight space between some boxes and the wall. I squeezed through them.
When I did--I had my light in my hand. I was slinging it around on the floor, and I caught a glimpse of the rifle, stuffed down between two rows of boxes with another box or so pulled over the top of it. And I hollered that the rifle was here."

This is a description of the position of the rifle as seen in the Altea footage and the DPD photos. How much evidence do you need?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #384 on: September 06, 2022, 11:58:21 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #385 on: September 07, 2022, 12:06:55 AM »
It is also the same location shown in the Alyea film, with the rifle in the upright position.

Or you don't understand where Weitzman was looking from.
Weitzman was behind the stack of boxes marked A, B and C when he was on the floor looking through the "flat".
Weitzman wasn't lying.
The Alyea footage is authentic.
The DPD photos are genuine.

The green arrow points to the location where the Official DPD in situ photo was taken.   There are boxes sitting on the floor. They were on the south side of the rifle in the official DPD photo.  The pallet that Weitzman was looking under can be seen to the SE of the official DPD site.   How could Weitzman have seen the rifle with those boxes that are on the south side of the rifle between his location and the rifle?   

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #386 on: September 07, 2022, 12:24:58 AM »
The green arrow points to the location where the Official DPD in situ photo was taken.   There are boxes sitting on the floor. They were on the south side of the rifle in the official DPD photo.  The pallet that Weitzman was looking under can be seen to the SE of the official DPD site.   How could Weitzman have seen the rifle with those boxes that are on the south side of the rifle between his location and the rifle?

Bottom line - you don't know where Weitzman was looking from when he saw the rifle.

You also ignore the rest of Weitzman's testimony and choose what suits you:

Mr. Ball: Did you touch it?
Mr. Weitzman: No, sir; we made a man-tight barricade until the crime lab came up and removed the gun itself.
Mr. Ball: The crime lab from the Dallas Police Department?
Mr. Weitzman: Yes, sir.
Mr. Ball: Lieutenant Day and Captain Fritz?
Mr. Weitzman: I'm not sure what the lieutenant's name was, but I remember Captain Fritz.

Wetzman is clear that no-one touches the rifle until the crime lab [Day] removed it.
This removal was filmed by Ayea.
You also ignore Boone's testimony that perfectly describes the position of the rifle as it was shown in the Alyea footage and the DPD photos.
You don't know where Weitzman was when he saw the rifle and you have tried to weave a narrative out of your own uncertainty, whilst ignoring all other relevant evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #386 on: September 07, 2022, 12:24:58 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #387 on: September 07, 2022, 12:53:42 AM »
Boone confirms the exact location of the rifle when he found it:

Mr. Ball: Now, 515 contains the arrow which shows the space between boxes where you found the rifle, is that right?
Mr. Boone: Yes.

The arrow points to the location the rifle was filmed by Alyea and photographed by the DPD.
How much more evidence do you need?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #388 on: September 07, 2022, 01:24:36 AM »
Boone confirms the exact location of the rifle when he found it:

Mr. Ball: Now, 515 contains the arrow which shows the space between boxes where you found the rifle, is that right?
Mr. Boone: Yes.

The arrow points to the location the rifle was filmed by Alyea and photographed by the DPD.
How much more evidence do you need?

OK Dan, Carry on....I didn't realize that you had so much faith in LBJ's "Special Select Blue Ribbon Committee.

You are aware that their job was to satisfy the gullible American public that Lee Harrrrrvey Ossssswald was guilty....

I don't have much faith in the testimonies that they extracted from the witnesses.  What did Weitzman swear to in his affidavit?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #388 on: September 07, 2022, 01:24:36 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #389 on: September 07, 2022, 02:00:43 AM »
The photo of Fritz stood in the boxes with the rifle in an upright position at his feet is a still from the Alyea film.
It is taken before Day picks the rifle up. At this moment the rifle is in the same position as in the photos taken by Studebaker, meaning Studebaker took his pictures before Day picked up the rife.
This is solid film evidence the rifle was in the upright position when it was initially found.
Why you think the rifle had to be photographed in the upright position in order to frame Oswald is baffling.

I'm very confused about the fuss being made about Jerry Organ's graphic. I've put a green arrow in the first pic to show where the rifle was found.

Why you think the rifle had to be photographed in the upright position in order to frame Oswald is baffling.

The place that the rifle was hidden could not have been reached by Lee Oswald ( or any average sized man) if he had dashed through the aisle at the top of the stairs. .....And he would not have had enough time to hide that rifle beneath the pallet of books after the shooting and before he met Truly and Baker in the second floor lunchroom...   THUS The DPD were forced to create a photo that placed the rifle in a position that could have been reached by leaning over the row of boxes and inserting the rifle into the gap between the boxes.

Placing the rifle in the upright position is possible providing.....

A) Lee Oswald knew before the shooting that the gap was there to place the rifle in.....

B) Lee Oswald was one of the worlds strongest men, and he could hold that 9 pound rifle by the butt in a horizontal position while holding it in his left hand and inserting it into the gap.....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 02:24:52 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #390 on: September 07, 2022, 11:58:17 PM »
OK Dan, Carry on....I didn't realize that you had so much faith in LBJ's "Special Select Blue Ribbon Committee.

You are aware that their job was to satisfy the gullible American public that Lee Harrrrrvey Ossssswald was guilty....

I don't have much faith in the testimonies that they extracted from the witnesses.  What did Weitzman swear to in his affidavit?

Faith in the Warren Commission? You must be joking.
The problem is you don't consider the evidence in it's totality. Tom Alyea is nothing to do with the WC. Here are his words regarding the discovery of the rifle:

"Shortly after we arrived back on the 6th floor, Deputy Eugene Boone located the assassin's rifle almost completely hidden by some overhanging boxes near the stairwell. I filmed it as it was found. In my shot, the figure of Captain Fritz is standing within the enclosure next to the rifle...About fifteen minutes later, Lt. Day and Studebaker arrived. Still pictures were taken of the positioning of the rifle, then Lt. Day slid it out from its hiding place and held it up for all of us to see."

According to Alyea:
1) Boone locates rifle hidden by overhanging boxes
2) Alyea begins filming
3) Fritz stands in enclosure
4) Day and Studebaker arrive
5) They take still pictures
6) Day slides rifle out and holds it up

Both Boone and Weitzman are adamant they sealed the area until the crime lab arrived. Both men identify the location of the rifle when it was discovered. Alyea films the rifle in the position it was discovered.
Boone confirms the crime lab took photos of the rifle in situ before it was removed:

"I had my light in my hand. I was slinging it around on the floor, and I caught a glimpse of the rifle, stuffed down between two rows of boxes with another box or so pulled over the top of it. And I hollered that the rifle was here...Some of the other officers came over to look at it. I told them to stand back, not to get around close, they might want to take prints of some of the boxes, and not touch the rifle. And at that time Captain Fritz and an ID man came over. I believe the ID man's name was Lieutenant Day--I am not sure. They came over and the weapon was photographed as it lay...and it was removed from the place where it was."

The film shows Fritz stepping into the "enclosure", as Alyea describes [the rifle is in the upright position]. Alyea begins filming immediately and captures the original position of the rifle, Studebaker taking photos of the rifle in situ, then Day removing the rifle.
For your scenario to work Boone, Weitzman and Alyea all have to be lying.
I do not accept this but you do.

Side note - Alyea goes on to say:

"Lt. Day immediately turned toward the window behind him and started dusting the weapon for fingerprints. Day was still within the enclosure formed by the surrounding boxes. I filmed him lifting prints from the rifle. He lifted them off with scotch tape and placed them on little white cards. When he had finished, he handed the rifle to Captain Fritz. Fritz pulled the bolt back and a live round ejected and landed on the boxes below. Fritz put the cartridge in his pocket. I did not see Fritz pick up anything other than the live round."

So Fritz removed the live round after Day dusted the rifle for prints. We do not see this in the Alyea footage. The position of the bolt, as Day turns towards the camera, is the same as when it was picked off the floor by Day.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 11:59:41 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #390 on: September 07, 2022, 11:58:17 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #391 on: September 08, 2022, 12:19:51 AM »
Faith in the Warren Commission? You must be joking.
The problem is you don't consider the evidence in it's totality. Tom Alyea is nothing to do with the WC. Here are his words regarding the discovery of the rifle:

"Shortly after we arrived back on the 6th floor, Deputy Eugene Boone located the assassin's rifle almost completely hidden by some overhanging boxes near the stairwell. I filmed it as it was found. In my shot, the figure of Captain Fritz is standing within the enclosure next to the rifle...About fifteen minutes later, Lt. Day and Studebaker arrived. Still pictures were taken of the positioning of the rifle, then Lt. Day slid it out from its hiding place and held it up for all of us to see."

According to Alyea:
1) Boone locates rifle hidden by overhanging boxes
2) Alyea begins filming
3) Fritz stands in enclosure
4) Day and Studebaker arrive
5) They take still pictures
6) Day slides rifle out and holds it up

Both Boone and Weitzman are adamant they sealed the area until the crime lab arrived. Both men identify the location of the rifle when it was discovered. Alyea films the rifle in the position it was discovered.
Boone confirms the crime lab took photos of the rifle in situ before it was removed:

"I had my light in my hand. I was slinging it around on the floor, and I caught a glimpse of the rifle, stuffed down between two rows of boxes with another box or so pulled over the top of it. And I hollered that the rifle was here...Some of the other officers came over to look at it. I told them to stand back, not to get around close, they might want to take prints of some of the boxes, and not touch the rifle. And at that time Captain Fritz and an ID man came over. I believe the ID man's name was Lieutenant Day--I am not sure. They came over and the weapon was photographed as it lay...and it was removed from the place where it was."

The film shows Fritz stepping into the "enclosure", as Alyea describes [the rifle is in the upright position]. Alyea begins filming immediately and captures the original position of the rifle, Studebaker taking photos of the rifle in situ, then Day removing the rifle.
For your scenario to work Boone, Weitzman and Alyea all have to be lying.
I do not accept this but you do.

Side note - Alyea goes on to say:

"Lt. Day immediately turned toward the window behind him and started dusting the weapon for fingerprints. Day was still within the enclosure formed by the surrounding boxes. I filmed him lifting prints from the rifle. He lifted them off with scotch tape and placed them on little white cards. When he had finished, he handed the rifle to Captain Fritz. Fritz pulled the bolt back and a live round ejected and landed on the boxes below. Fritz put the cartridge in his pocket. I did not see Fritz pick up anything other than the live round."

So Fritz removed the live round after Day dusted the rifle for prints. We do not see this in the Alyea footage. The position of the bolt, as Day turns towards the camera, is the same as when it was picked off the floor by Day.

I don't think that I can change your mind....  But do you have Alyea saying that it was obvious that he rifle had taken some time to hide .....So the assassin must have constructed the hiding place before the shooting.

Or words to that effect.    IOW Alyea knew that the rifle was not hastily jammed between boxes of books by one of the worlds strongest men.      I don't believe that Boone or Weitzman , or Alyea or Roger Craig were lying about the position of the rifle in their original affidavits.....  But when they testified before LBJ Special committee they answer the question as they had been instructed.

Simply because the description of the hiding place is verified by Boone and Weitzman when they appeared before the WC does NOT confirm that the photos were taken at about 1:45 that afternoon...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 12:43:07 AM by Walt Cakebread »