Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Position of the Bolt on the MC  (Read 34650 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: The Position of the Bolt on the MC
« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2022, 10:38:27 PM »
Advertisement
8-pound Carcano, not 9.

No, of course I don’t believe it is an accurate substitute. However, it does serve the purpose well enough to make the point that if the boxes were slid over after the rifle was set down on the floor in a similar manner to the one in the reenactment, then your silly idea of having to hold the rifle by the butt end and inserting it into a covered opening from the west end is simply not relevant. In other words, there is a viable alternative to your theory.

I think it's David Von Pein who said Walt's Rube Goldberg constructs in the NW corner were on the order of building the Great Pyramid.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2022, 10:38:27 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #297 on: August 28, 2022, 12:37:27 AM »
I think it's David Von Pein who said Walt's Rube Goldberg constructs in the NW corner were on the order of building the Great Pyramid.

I'm not quite old enough to have been the engineer who designed the pyramids....

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #298 on: August 28, 2022, 12:50:07 AM »
I'm not quite old enough to have been the engineer who designed the pyramids....

Right. The Winchester House is more you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #298 on: August 28, 2022, 12:50:07 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #299 on: August 28, 2022, 01:06:04 AM »
Question....What is preventing the south edge of the box from sliding into the gap?

It appears to me that it is touching the box below the south edge such that box could be supporting it. However, it also appears to be overhanging less than half way of the north/south dimension of the upper box. Therefore, depending upon the weight distribution of the contents of the box, it could be that the support from the lower box is not even necessary due to a cantilever. Either way, it is being supported adequately to prevent it from sliding into the gap.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2022, 01:37:27 AM »

It appears to me that it is touching the box below the south edge such that box could be supporting it. However, it also appears to be overhanging less than half way of the north/south dimension of the upper box. Therefore, depending upon the weight distribution of the contents of the box, it could be that the support from the lower box is not even necessary due to a cantilever. Either way, it is being supported adequately to prevent it from sliding into the gap.

it is being supported adequately to prevent it from sliding into the gap.

Yes, it does appear that the SE corner of the box is on top of the box on the south side of the gap...But if that box had been slid across the gap it would not be in that position....  I know that your smart enough to know the box would have started falling into the gap as soon as it was no longer supported by the nox on the north side of the gap.  That's elementary physics...... 

So this photo has to have been staged....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2022, 01:37:27 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2022, 01:56:21 AM »
it is being supported adequately to prevent it from sliding into the gap.

Yes, it does appear that the SE corner of the box is on top of the box on the south side of the gap...But if that box had been slid across the gap it would not be in that position....  I know that your smart enough to know the box would have started falling into the gap as soon as it was no longer supported by the nox on the north side of the gap.  That's elementary physics...... 

So this photo has to have been staged....

You might want to try an experiment with cantilevers. The box doesn’t start falling until there’s more weight unsupported than there’s weight still being supported by the box to the north side of the gap. And even if you think that is the case (it doesn’t appear that way to me, but we don’t know the weight distribution of the contents of the box. So, it’s difficult to say for certain.), there’s no reason why the sniper couldn’t use both hands (one on the north end and the other hand on the south end) to slide the box over the gap. This technique would allow him to temporarily support the south end of the box until it contacts the box below on the south side of the gap.

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2022, 01:59:11 AM »
Remember, all of this is using up precious seconds from the 75 that you have.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2022, 01:59:11 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2022, 02:05:18 AM »
Remember, all of this is using up precious seconds from the 75 that you have.

You don’t know exactly how many seconds that elapsed. LOL.  :D   ;D   8)   BS:   ::)