Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Position of the Bolt on the MC  (Read 32879 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The Position of the Bolt on the MC
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2022, 03:19:17 PM »
Advertisement

It would be impossible for both of them to be the last one in the clip. Also, those abrasions do not appear to be what I would expect (location and shape and severity) if made from contact with the elevator.  So, I think another possibility should be explored.

Another possibility, that seems more likely to me, is that during transportation from New Orleans to the Paine’s garage, the clip might not have been inside the magazine of the rifle. This would be one of the basic safety precautions that most of us are taught regarding firearms. And since the sides of the clip are open, if something relatively hard was up against the clip (say packed tightly inside one of the duffle bags) it and the vibrations of the trip, etc. could make the type of abrasions that we see on two of the cartridges. The very top one would be protected by the top portion of the clip and therefore would not get the same abrasions.

It would be impossible for both of them to be the last one in the clip.

No, it's not impossible....It seems impossible to you because you believe that those shells were fired that day.   What the abrasions tell us that both shells were the bottom shell when they were fired on the rifle range, and then picked up and possibly used as filler in a clip for practice with the rifle.....so they could have been the bottom  shell in a practice clip.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 03:42:14 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2022, 03:19:17 PM »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2022, 06:10:20 PM »

No, it's not impossible....It seems impossible to you because you believe that those shells were fired that day.   What the abrasions tell us that both shells were the bottom shell when they were fired on the rifle range, and then picked up and possibly used as filler in a clip for practice with the rifle.....so they could have been the bottom  shell in a practice clip.

Agreed.

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2022, 06:55:54 PM »

The only thing is - the conspirators (who had intelligently and meticulously planned everything in order to frame Ozwald) would HARDLY have left an unfired rifle in the TSBD. A sniff test would instantly prove that the gun hadn't been fired. They couldn't have known that there would be no sniff test.
So, there are many possibilities:

1. The rifle had been fired - but the guys forgot to do a sniff test (unlikely)

2. The gun hadn't been fired - but the guys forgot to do a sniff test (unlikely)

3. There was a sniff test which detected gunpowder odor but the guys higher up later needed to give the world a lone assassin and it was scratched off the record.

4. Certain officials of the DPD were part of the conspiracy from the outset (which I doubt very much). They faked or didn't do a sniff test.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 08:08:58 PM by Jim Hawthorn »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2022, 06:55:54 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2022, 08:26:05 PM »
The only thing is - the conspirators (who had intelligently and meticulously planned everything in order to frame Ozwald) would HARDLY have left an unfired rifle in the TSBD. A sniff test would instantly prove that the gun hadn't been fired. They couldn't have known that there would be no sniff test.
So, there are many possibilities:

1. The rifle had been fired - but the guys forgot to do a sniff test (unlikely)

2. The gun hadn't been fired - but the guys forgot to do a sniff test (unlikely)

3. There was a sniff test which detected gunpowder odor but the guys higher up later needed to give the world a lone assassin and it was scratched off the record.

4. Certain officials of the DPD were part of the conspiracy from the outset (which I doubt very much). They faked or didn't do a sniff test.

Certain officials ( Captain Fritz )of the DPD were part of the conspiracy from the outset ......

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2022, 08:38:33 PM »
Certain officials ( Captain Fritz )of the DPD were part of the conspiracy from the outset ......

Is there a thread here all about that proposition?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2022, 08:38:33 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2022, 10:44:16 PM »

No, I don't think so....Very few people want to believe that a police force could be that corrupt....  ( And it was only a select few who were in position to control....)

You certainly won't find a LNer who will accept that the the  people in power in LBJ country could have been key conspirators. I strongly suspect that Mr Hunt had the money to use where it was needed.....  And Henry Wade was near the top of the command....

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2022, 11:43:40 PM »
Here is an animated GIF of Day lifting the rifle up off the floor. These frames are taken from The Lost JFK Tapes DVD. They are some of the clearest images that I have seen. Sadly, the film sequence starts after Day already has the rifle up a significant distance from the floor. So, we do not get to see it laying flat like one of the other videos posted earlier in this thread appears to show.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I now believe that the bolt is not in the fully up position. This is apparent to me due to seeing these clearer images depicting the rifle in motion. Take a look at the distance between the bolt handle knob and the scope. I will try to get some other image to compare this distance with. Perhaps the video of the blabbermouth demonstrating an identical model of the rifle with an identical scope will help in this regard. Please feel free to voice your opinions. Thanks!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2022, 11:43:40 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2022, 01:14:27 AM »
Here is an animated GIF of Day lifting the rifle up off the floor. These frames are taken from The Lost JFK Tapes DVD. They are some of the clearest images that I have seen. Sadly, the film sequence starts after Day already has the rifle up a significant distance from the floor. So, we do not get to see it laying flat like one of the other videos posted earlier in this thread appears to show.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I now believe that the bolt is not in the fully up position. This is apparent to me due to seeing these clearer images depicting the rifle in motion. Take a look at the distance between the bolt handle knob and the scope. I will try to get some other image to compare this distance with. Perhaps the video of the blabbermouth demonstrating an identical model of the rifle with an identical scope will help in this regard. Please feel free to voice your opinions. Thanks!

The bolt handle appears to be in the full up position.   Using the butt plate as reference, The bolt handle is fully up.