Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Position of the Bolt on the MC  (Read 32933 times)

Online James Hackerott

Re: The Position of the Bolt on the MC
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2022, 02:37:57 AM »
Advertisement
This is an animated GIF (in very slow motion) of frames from The Lost JFK Tapes showing Day holding the rifle up for Fritz immediately after lifting it from the floor. It appears to me, based on the testimony of both Day and Fritz that Fritz is either ejecting the cartridge or is almost to the point of ejecting it.

Near the end, it appears that both Day and Fritz are looking down towards the floor. Do you believe that they might be looking at the ejected cartridge?
Thumb1:
5 second rule!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2022, 02:37:57 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2022, 02:47:10 AM »
This is an animated GIF (in very slow motion) of frames from The Lost JFK Tapes showing Day holding the rifle up for Fritz immediately after lifting it from the floor. It appears to me, based on the testimony of both Day and Fritz that Fritz is either ejecting the cartridge or is almost to the point of ejecting it.

Near the end, it appears that both Day and Fritz are looking down towards the floor. Do you believe that they might be looking at the ejected cartridge?

This is very good footage  ....The west elevator gate can be seen behind Fritz ....So the camera is pointing NE ...Fritz seems to be standing in the E/W aisle that lead to the stairs. But in other footage the camera is pointing east and Fritz seems to be in a different location. He appears to be standing in the spot where Seymour Weitzman was when he spotted the rifle ON THE FLOOR .

How the hell could Wetzman have seen the rifle on the floor if it was jammed between the boxes of books???

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2022, 08:21:23 AM »
I assume these markings are the questioned "abrasion scratches".

Thanks James. I hadn't noticed the abrasion on the right-hand cartridge which is more central. Cartridge left or right could be candidates for being the last round in the clip - proving that the unspent round was dropped in from the top.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 08:23:56 AM by Jim Hawthorn »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2022, 08:21:23 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2022, 09:15:50 AM »
I'm not convinced that the film we see was all exposed that afternoon....I'll confess that I'm confused about the footage.... It doesn't make sense to me....  I believe that the DPD were a big part of the cover up and the framing and murder of Lee Oswald, so I don't trust anything that they present.

I don't trust anything that they present.

The DPD aren't "presenting" this film evidence.
Tom Alyea is, and he seems to have the same view of the DPD you do, only his opinion is formed by watching them up close.
Not accepting what is shown in the Alyea footage because you don't like the DPD does not make any sense.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2022, 11:38:48 AM »
I assume these markings are the questioned "abrasion scratches".

Nice work James! I can’t say for sure, but the one on the camera left looks like it may be the one with the dent near the small end. Is this just my imagination? Can anyone else see this?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2022, 11:38:48 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2022, 12:03:35 PM »
This is very good footage  ....The west elevator gate can be seen behind Fritz ....So the camera is pointing NE ...Fritz seems to be standing in the E/W aisle that lead to the stairs. But in other footage the camera is pointing east and Fritz seems to be in a different location. He appears to be standing in the spot where Seymour Weitzman was when he spotted the rifle ON THE FLOOR .

How the hell could Wetzman have seen the rifle on the floor if it was jammed between the boxes of books???

Yes, the Lost JFK Tapes DVD is some good quality stuff. There is also a column between Fritz and the west elevator gate. There is a row of boxes stacked up to that column. So, it appears to me that Fritz is amongst the boxes. And we can see that Alyea is shifting during this segment to try to get a better view over Day’s right shoulder and to the left of what I assume is Studebaker’s left knee. Studebaker appears to still be on top of the stack of boxes where he took photo(s). And, yes, the next film segment appears to be taken from a different location. In it Day is examining the rifle with Fritz and his hanky in the background.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2022, 12:19:00 PM »
Thanks James. I hadn't noticed the abrasion on the right-hand cartridge which is more central. Cartridge left or right could be candidates for being the last round in the clip - proving that the unspent round was dropped in from the top.

It would be impossible for both of them to be the last one in the clip. Also, those abrasions do not appear to be what I would expect (location and shape and severity) if made from contact with the elevator.  So, I think another possibility should be explored.

Another possibility, that seems more likely to me, is that during transportation from New Orleans to the Paine’s garage, the clip might not have been inside the magazine of the rifle. This would be one of the basic safety precautions that most of us are taught regarding firearms. And since the sides of the clip are open, if something relatively hard was up against the clip (say packed tightly inside one of the duffle bags) it and the vibrations of the trip, etc. could make the type of abrasions that we see on two of the cartridges. The very top one would be protected by the top portion of the clip and therefore would not get the same abrasions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2022, 12:19:00 PM »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2022, 12:36:31 PM »

It would be impossible for both of them to be the last one in the clip.
I'm aware of that, which is why I said that the two were "candidates".