Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why So Many Conservatives Accept the WC or Just Don't Care  (Read 7281 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Why So Many Conservatives Accept the WC or Just Don't Care
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2022, 05:58:50 PM »
Advertisement
The JFK assassination is one of the few issues where partisanship isn't a factor

2017 - The One Thing All Americans Agree On: JFK Conspiracy

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jfk-assassination-files/one-thing-all-americans-agree-jfk-conspiracy-n815371

2017 - The One Thing All Americans Agree On: JFK Conspiracy

But the official US govt proclamation says that Lee Oswald was a nut who murdered President Kennedy for no reason ........ So if "all Americans" ( or even a majority) agree that the murder was the result of a conspiracy, then doesn't that reveal a general mistrust of the government ?   Isn't our system based upon a mutual trust?

My personal belief is that we should adhere to our motto.... In God We Trust....  It's been my observation that the scoundrels and con men are drawn toward Washington DC ....A place where they can thrive and fatten their bank accounts with tax payers dollars.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2022, 05:58:50 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2022, 10:39:19 AM »
Another sad example of ultra-liberal politics in good pro-conspiracy presentations is the four-hour version of Oliver Stone's new JFK documentary JFK: Destiny Betrayed. JFK Revisited is the two-hour version. The long version contains a large dose of ultra-liberal politics. Has it ever occurred to conspiracy theorists that a person does not have to be an ultra-liberal to regret JFK's death, to admire the good things he did, and to believe he was killed by a conspiracy?

Just because a person recognizes the positive aspects of JFK's presidency and believes he was killed by a conspiracy does not mean that person must believe the Vietnam War was evil, that Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning are heroes, that killing terrorists with drones is wrong, that the PATRIOT Act severely violates the Constitution, etc., etc.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2022, 12:17:13 AM »
Here's a fellow who's to the extreme right of most American conservatives. Yet he's an "Independent." Next he'll be telling us he's a "Skeptic" rather than a JFK conspiracy theorist.
You're a skeptic.
You are skeptical of any such JFK conspiracy..correct?

The LNers don't proclaim the WR as if it's Gospel.
                                          Yeah, right... tell us another one  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2022, 12:17:13 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2022, 02:19:42 PM »
Another sad example of ultra-liberal politics in good pro-conspiracy presentations is the four-hour version of Oliver Stone's new JFK documentary JFK: Destiny Betrayed. JFK Revisited is the two-hour version. The long version contains a large dose of ultra-liberal politics. Has it ever occurred to conspiracy theorists that a person does not have to be an ultra-liberal to regret JFK's death, to admire the good things he did, and to believe he was killed by a conspiracy?

Just because a person recognizes the positive aspects of JFK's presidency and believes he was killed by a conspiracy does not mean that person must believe the Vietnam War was evil, that Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning are heroes, that killing terrorists with drones is wrong, that the PATRIOT Act severely violates the Constitution, etc., etc.

Not sure how you got that from watching the Destiny Betrayed version.

Oliver Stone does inject his politics into most of his work but I don’t think it was over the top like a Michael Moore documentary in his recent JFK docs…

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2022, 06:02:45 PM »
Not sure how you got that from watching the Destiny Betrayed version.

I believe Griffith was talking there about Oliver Stone in general (maybe the "Untold History" project), and not the "JFK Revisited" propaganda film.

Oliver Stone does inject his politics into most of his work but I don’t think it was over the top like a Michael Moore documentary in his recent JFK docs…

People reading that might think you're referring to Michael Moore's documentaries about JFK. There are no such docs and you're really referring to Stone's JFK docs. One can see how perception can sometimes alter the meaning. Many JFK witnesses have been the victims of false interpretation (on both sides of the debate).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2022, 06:02:45 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2022, 06:24:04 PM »
I believe Griffith was talking there about Oliver Stone in general (maybe the "Untold History" project), and not the "JFK Revisited" propaganda film.

People reading that might think you're referring to Michael Moore's documentaries about JFK. There are no such docs and you're really referring to Stone's JFK docs. One can see how perception can sometimes alter the meaning. Many JFK witnesses have been the victims of false interpretation (on both sides of the debate).

To clarify, I meant the way Moore's documentaries are over the top in terms of his Democrat partisan politics.

While Stone clearly has a Liberal point of view, I don't think his work is as "in your face" as Moore's documentaries.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:24:43 PM by Jon Banks »