Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why So Many Conservatives Accept the WC or Just Don't Care  (Read 7293 times)

Online Sean Kneringer

Re: Why So Many Conservatives Accept the WC or Just Don't Care
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 06:05:14 AM »
Advertisement
Why So Many Leftists Reject the WC Because One of Their Own Killed Kennedy

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 06:05:14 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 06:06:12 AM »
Are conservatives more logical than liberals?

Just ask this question - Can a man get pregnant?

What are conservatives saying on this issue and what are liberals saying?

You’re mistaking bigotry for logic.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2022, 06:07:27 AM »
Are conservatives more logical than liberals?

Just ask this question - Can a man get pregnant?

What are conservatives saying on this issue and what are liberals saying?

???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2022, 06:07:27 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2022, 06:13:43 AM »

Possibly the most stupid statement ever posted on this forum. Congrats  Thumb1:

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2022, 06:18:01 AM »

Too many conspiracy advocates--nearly all of them--call the Vietnam War "dishonorable," "unwinnable," "unnecessary," etc., when in fact the war was an honorable and winnable war whose goal was to keep 18 million people from falling under communist tyranny....
One poster cautioned about painting an idea with a broad brush.
In 2014, Llewellyn King of the Huffington Post toured Vietnam and interviewed its people. The Vietnamese had little interest in talking about the war. “They wanted to know three things,” said King, “…how could they get American goods, how could they sell their goods in the U.S. market, and what was the United States going to do about China?” Vietnam loves the U.S. because it wants to enrich its people, with the same methods America used, to become an economic superpower.
https://borgenproject.org/why-vietnam-loves-the-us/

According to globals surveys, the Vietnamese people consistently rank among the most pro-American in the World (Pew Research from 2017, the latest data for Vietnam).

However, you may think the opposite was true by the conspicuous lack of Americans among the Western tourists in Tay Ho or the Old Quarter of Hanoi, most of whom are from Europe, Australia or Canada rather than the USA. Many young Americans stay away from Vietnam; their insecurities revealed by the sheepish question they often ask us: “Do they hate us in Vietnam?”

Is this insecurity justified: do Vietnamese people resent Amercians? The answer is a resounding no.
https://vietnamdaily.ca/culture/what-do-vietnamese-think-about-america-2022/

As it was with Japan...Vietnam has become the better country after all is said and done.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2022, 06:18:01 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2022, 07:44:16 AM »

As it was with Japan...Vietnam has become the better country after all is said and done.

Agreed. The authoritarian regime they live under is making good choices. They have better leadership than they had back in the 1950’s and 1960’s. And those bad leaders back then, while supported by the United States, were dictators.

However, all governments, authoritarian or democratic, eventually go bad. The difference is that with democratic countries, the people eventually wise up and elect different people. Eventually, the situation generally gets sorted out. With authoritarian governments, the dictator, or the ones in charge, might decide they want to remain in power. And the people can’t put things right without a revolution. Which can be easier said than done.

Vietnam is doing ok now. But some day, it is going to go south on them. It always does. Without democracy, they are doomed.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2022, 01:25:52 PM »
1) By necessity a "simplification" is incomplete.
2) The simplification I presented does include the second part of your answer.
3) I did answer your question logically.
4) It's you who looks ridiculous, crying like a baby because you don't like what you hear.

PS: You didn't answer the questionnaire.

Responding to your four items above:

1. No it is not. A proper simplification should include the essential elements. Yours does not.
2. No, the simplification you provided completely ignores the second part of my answer.
3. No, you dishonestly only responded to the first sentence.
4. You are the one who cannot even answer a question honestly.

If you had been honest and included my full response:

One of the most intelligent persons that I have ever known told me so almost 50-years ago. And, since then, I have found from my own experiences that it is true (in general).

Then you would have had to respond to the meaning of both sentences together instead of only responding to the first sentence. And since you appear to need the meaning of both sentences together spelled out for you, it essentially means that almost 50-years of personal experience has confirmed that what I was told way back then is true. This is in agreement with what I stated in my response in post #2 of this thread:

I will stay away from the political stuff. But would like to add that in my experience, in general,  conservative folks tend to be more logical. And, in general, liberal folks tend to be more emotional.

Your example of your “logic” and your silly questionnaire are not worthy of response. When you learn how to properly apply logic, try again.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2022, 01:25:52 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2022, 04:02:00 PM »
That would not have been "a leftest" Lyndon Johnson. LBJ was a Dixiecrat [Southern conservative]
Sure... he signed the civil rights bill...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964
For two major reasons ----1... Black votes to get elected in1964 and re-elected in 1968.
2...review---- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riots