Why So Many Conservatives Accept the WC or Just Don't Care

Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Why So Many Conservatives Accept the WC or Just Don't Care  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

• Skeptic
Re: Why So Many Conservatives Accept the WC or Just Don't Care
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2022, 06:18:01 AM »

Too many conspiracy advocates--nearly all of them--call the Vietnam War "dishonorable," "unwinnable," "unnecessary," etc., when in fact the war was an honorable and winnable war whose goal was to keep 18 million people from falling under communist tyranny....
One poster cautioned about painting an idea with a broad brush.
In 2014, Llewellyn King of the Huffington Post toured Vietnam and interviewed its people. The Vietnamese had little interest in talking about the war. “They wanted to know three things,” said King, “…how could they get American goods, how could they sell their goods in the U.S. market, and what was the United States going to do about China?” Vietnam loves the U.S. because it wants to enrich its people, with the same methods America used, to become an economic superpower.
https://borgenproject.org/why-vietnam-loves-the-us/

According to globals surveys, the Vietnamese people consistently rank among the most pro-American in the World (Pew Research from 2017, the latest data for Vietnam).

However, you may think the opposite was true by the conspicuous lack of Americans among the Western tourists in Tay Ho or the Old Quarter of Hanoi, most of whom are from Europe, Australia or Canada rather than the USA. Many young Americans stay away from Vietnam; their insecurities revealed by the sheepish question they often ask us: “Do they hate us in Vietnam?”

Is this insecurity justified: do Vietnamese people resent Amercians? The answer is a resounding no.
https://vietnamdaily.ca/culture/what-do-vietnamese-think-about-america-2022/

As it was with Japan...Vietnam has become the better country after all is said and done.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2022, 06:18:01 AM »

Online Joe Elliott

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2022, 07:44:16 AM »

As it was with Japan...Vietnam has become the better country after all is said and done.

Agreed. The authoritarian regime they live under is making good choices. They have better leadership than they had back in the 1950’s and 1960’s. And those bad leaders back then, while supported by the United States, were dictators.

However, all governments, authoritarian or democratic, eventually go bad. The difference is that with democratic countries, the people eventually wise up and elect different people. Eventually, the situation generally gets sorted out. With authoritarian governments, the dictator, or the ones in charge, might decide they want to remain in power. And the people can’t put things right without a revolution. Which can be easier said than done.

Vietnam is doing ok now. But some day, it is going to go south on them. It always does. Without democracy, they are doomed.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2022, 07:44:16 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2022, 01:25:52 PM »
1) By necessity a "simplification" is incomplete.
2) The simplification I presented does include the second part of your answer.
3) I did answer your question logically.
4) It's you who looks ridiculous, crying like a baby because you don't like what you hear.

PS: You didn't answer the questionnaire.

Responding to your four items above:

1. No it is not. A proper simplification should include the essential elements. Yours does not.
2. No, the simplification you provided completely ignores the second part of my answer.
3. No, you dishonestly only responded to the first sentence.
4. You are the one who cannot even answer a question honestly.

If you had been honest and included my full response:

One of the most intelligent persons that I have ever known told me so almost 50-years ago. And, since then, I have found from my own experiences that it is true (in general).

Then you would have had to respond to the meaning of both sentences together instead of only responding to the first sentence. And since you appear to need the meaning of both sentences together spelled out for you, it essentially means that almost 50-years of personal experience has confirmed that what I was told way back then is true. This is in agreement with what I stated in my response in post #2 of this thread:

I will stay away from the political stuff. But would like to add that in my experience, in general,  conservative folks tend to be more logical. And, in general, liberal folks tend to be more emotional.

Your example of your “logic” and your silly questionnaire are not worthy of response. When you learn how to properly apply logic, try again.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2022, 01:25:52 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

• Skeptic
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2022, 04:02:00 PM »
Why So Many Leftists Reject the WC Because One of Their Own Killed Kennedy
That would not have been "a leftest" Lyndon Johnson. LBJ was a Dixiecrat [Southern conservative]
Sure... he signed the civil rights bill...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964
For two major reasons ----1... Black votes to get elected in1964 and re-elected in 1968.
2...review---- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riots

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2022, 04:02:00 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

• Halifax - Canada
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2022, 04:03:01 PM »
As a conservative Independent,

Here's a fellow who's to the extreme right of most American conservatives. Yet he's an "Independent." Next he'll be telling us he's a "Skeptic" rather than a JFK conspiracy theorist.

allow me to explain why so many conservatives either accept the Warren Commission's claims or just don't care about the case:

The LNers don't proclaim the WR as if it's Gospel. Whether Right or Left, LNers follow the evidence if it's better and now most believe some things not in the Report, like the first shot missed and the skull inshoot is at the cowlick-level. When the Oswald-Ferrie CAP photo was shown on "Frontline", LNers accepted it rather than contend it was faked.

Compare with American Conservative CTs who think the 9/11 attacks were allowed to happen by the US government.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2022, 04:03:01 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2022, 05:02:20 PM »
In my experience, in general, conservative folks tend to accept the word of authority more readily than liberal folks do.

That may have been once true in the 1960s but no longer.  A sea change with liberals now espousing obedience to governmental authority or else.  It's the conservatives who are questioning what they have been told by the government.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 05:30:49 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2022, 05:02:20 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2022, 05:05:05 PM »
Here's a fellow who's to the extreme right of most American conservatives. Yet he's an "Independent." Next he'll be telling us he's a "Skeptic" rather than a JFK conspiracy theorist.

The distinction is not difficult. It you have a conspiracy theory, then you are a conspiracy theorist. If you question unsubstantiated claims made by pundits or authority figures, then you’re a skeptic.

The LNers don't proclaim the WR as if it's Gospel. Whether Right or Left, LNers follow the evidence if it's better

LNers believe whatever is necessary to keep their myth alive.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2022, 05:05:05 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2022, 05:11:31 PM »
Just for the fun of it, let's just briefly consider another case. Let's consider the OJ Simpson case. Conservatives and libs alike here - what are your thoughts on the OJ case? Did the prosecutor or defense get it right? Was the jury correct in acquitting him? And whatever your response is, why do you think so?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2022, 05:11:31 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

• Halifax - Canada
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2022, 06:55:39 PM »
The distinction is not difficult. It you have a conspiracy theory, then you are a conspiracy theorist. If you question unsubstantiated claims made by pundits or authority figures, then you’re a skeptic.

One can equality be a nonpartisan skeptic when questioning what is for the most part the crackpot absurdity of JFK conspiracy theorists.

LNers believe whatever is necessary to keep their myth alive.

Spoken like a true conspiracy theorist. LNers are a dangerous monolithic lot to be painted and smeared with a broad brush.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2022, 06:55:39 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2022, 07:03:23 PM »
Just for the fun of it, let's just briefly consider another case. Let's consider the OJ Simpson case. Conservatives and libs alike here - what are your thoughts on the OJ case? Did the prosecutor or defense get it right? Was the jury correct in acquitting him? And whatever your response is, why do you think so?

Bumping this because no one really ever wants to discuss the merits. It's always you say-I say on here and it's pretty xxxxxxxxx boring.

Mobile View