Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How did LHO know about the Lake Pontchartrain camp?  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Re: How did LHO know about the Lake Pontchartrain camp?
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 03:59:21 AM »
Advertisement

I think you are remembering correctly. But then there is the question of whether or not LHO knew that Bringuier had already been released. I wasn’t aware of the Peña claim. But it seems unlikely to me that LHO was friends with any FBI agents.

Well 'friends' might be the wrong word. They were seen in each other's company in the street by pena.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 03:59:21 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 04:21:12 AM »

I think you are remembering correctly. But then there is the question of whether or not LHO knew that Bringuier had already been released. I wasn’t aware of the Peña claim. But it seems unlikely to me that LHO was friends with any FBI agents.

it seems unlikely to me that LHO was friends with any FBI agents.

That is your first mistake..... Lee thought that De Brueys  was his friend.....Little did he know that he was misplacing his trust....

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 01:40:29 PM »
it seems unlikely to me that LHO was friends with any FBI agents.

That is your first mistake..... Lee thought that De Brueys  was his friend.....Little did he know that he was misplacing his trust....

Why would you believe that?   ???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 01:40:29 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 03:07:04 PM »
Why would you believe that?   ???

Study Lee's time in N.O.....  And use your head...  I'm not going to tell you, you've got a good brain.

I will tell you that Lee thought that he was working undercover for the JFK..... ( trying to learn who was training the exile Cubans and supplying them with munitions ) He simply didn't know that Hoover knew all about the training camps, and supported the Cubans.   Lee didn't realize that Hoover thought that the Oswald's were communist agents, and Lee thought that he could report his discoveries ( about the illegal operations) to the FBI...  BIG F--KING MISTAKE !!

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 02:24:27 AM »
Some more info about there being two training camps in new Orelans. On another forum, Jim D said the following recently:

Jim D says there was "...one across Lake Pontchatrain, on land owned by Bill McLaney.  It was raided on July 31st. Ferrie was a frequent presence at this camp. (ibid, pp. 29-30.) Even Summers said that Ferrie might have brought Oswald to this camp. But there were reports of another camp later on that summer/fall in Tangipahoa Parish, north of New Orleans, at a swampy area of Bedico Creek.  (DiEugenio, Destiny Betrayed, second edition, p. 116) And there were reports that Ferrie and Oswald were seen there."

It is not clear if this second training camp was in existence in Aug 1963 or came into existence sometime later on in the year after the other one was raided on July 31stt. My statement in my opening post is contradicted by Carlos Bringuiers WC testimony in which he said it was not public knowledge about the training camp (implying the July 31st raid was not publicized in the newspapers):

Mr. LIEBELER. You indicated that Oswald had come to your store or offices on August 5, 1963?
Mr. BRINGUIER. That is right.
Mr. LIEBELER. Oswald came to you offering to assist in the military training of Cubans?
Mr. LIEBELER. At that time, there was, in fact, a training camp near New Orleans----
Mr. LIEBELER. For the training of people for military action against Castro?
Mr. BRINGUIER. Right.
Mr. LIEBELER. And that was not public knowledge at that time?
Mr. LIEBELER. So you are tying this up in your mind by considering the possibility that Oswald was, in fact, a Castro agent?
Mr. LIEBELER. And did know about the existence of this training camp, because Mr. Fernandez had already himself infiltrated that training camp?

I'm still not clear if the July 31st raid was publicized or not.

The possibility exists that Oswald did not know there was a training camp in New Orleans and when he offered his services to Bringuier to train cubans, Oswald meant that he was offering his services to the DRE in general throughout the U.S. wherever they might happen to have a training camp. That could even be Florida for example. There is nothing in Bringuiers testimony that Oswald was offering to train cubans specifically in New Orleans. Oswald could have been offering his services in general. Oswald knew Bringuier was the DRE delegate (he has DRE written beside Bringuers name in his address book).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 02:24:27 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 05:26:14 PM »
Some more info about there being two training camps in new Orelans. On another forum, Jim D said the following recently:

Jim D says there was "...one across Lake Pontchatrain, on land owned by Bill McLaney.  It was raided on July 31st. Ferrie was a frequent presence at this camp. (ibid, pp. 29-30.) Even Summers said that Ferrie might have brought Oswald to this camp. But there were reports of another camp later on that summer/fall in Tangipahoa Parish, north of New Orleans, at a swampy area of Bedico Creek.  (DiEugenio, Destiny Betrayed, second edition, p. 116) And there were reports that Ferrie and Oswald were seen there."

It is not clear if this second training camp was in existence in Aug 1963 or came into existence sometime later on in the year after the other one was raided on July 31stt. My statement in my opening post is contradicted by Carlos Bringuiers WC testimony in which he said it was not public knowledge about the training camp (implying the July 31st raid was not publicized in the newspapers):

Mr. LIEBELER. You indicated that Oswald had come to your store or offices on August 5, 1963?
Mr. LIEBELER. Oswald came to you offering to assist in the military training of Cubans?
Mr. LIEBELER. At that time, there was, in fact, a training camp near New Orleans----
Mr. BRINGUIER. Right.
Mr. LIEBELER. So you are tying this up in your mind by considering the possibility that Oswald was, in fact, a Castro agent?
Mr. LIEBELER. And did know about the existence of this training camp, because Mr. Fernandez had already himself infiltrated that training camp?

The possibility exists that Oswald did not know there was a training camp in New Orleans and when he offered his services to Bringuier to train cubans, Oswald meant that he was offering his services to the DRE in general throughout the U.S. wherever they might happen to have a training camp. That could even be Florida for example. There is nothing in Bringuiers testimony that Oswald was offering to train cubans specifically in New Orleans. Oswald could have been offering his services in general. Oswald knew Bringuier was the DRE delegate (he has DRE written beside Bringuers name in his address book).

You're down , Mr Down.... Now stay down for the count....You're a fool if you get up and take more punishment....

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 01:02:49 AM »

Mr. BRINGUIER. Right.

Bringuier is NOT saying that Oswald knew about the camp.

Bringuier was asked if he was tying it up in his own mind that Oswald knew about the camp and he basically said yes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 01:02:49 AM »