Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How did LHO know about the Lake Pontchartrain camp?  (Read 3378 times)

Online Gerry Down

How did LHO know about the Lake Pontchartrain camp?
« on: July 12, 2022, 01:35:21 AM »
Advertisement
On another forum, JFK researcher Tom Gram has been discussing the Lake Pontchartrain training camp and speculating on how LHO came to know about it (Bringuier said LHO talked about the camp when he came into his store on Aug 9th 1963). Mr. Gram talks about how Bringuier testified before the WC that he believed a Castro spy inside that camp told the cuban government about the camp and that the cuban government in turn informed LHO about it. And that this is how LHO came to know about the camp when he came into Bringuiers store.

I was surprised to hear this from Mr. Gram. I was always of the opinion that the camp was raided by the FBI at the end of July, that news of that raid then appeared in the press, and that LHO simply found out about that training camp along with all the rest of New Orleans when they read about it in the paper. And this is how LHO knew about the camp when he went into Bringuiers store afterwards.

Isn't this how LHO came to know about the camp or am I missing something?

JFK Assassination Forum

How did LHO know about the Lake Pontchartrain camp?
« on: July 12, 2022, 01:35:21 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: How did LHO know about the Lake Pontchartrain camp?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 01:54:33 AM »
On another forum, JFK researcher Tom Gram has been discussing the Lake Pontchartrain training camp and speculating on how LHO came to know about it (Bringuier said LHO talked about the camp when he came into his store on Aug 9th 1963). Mr. Gram talks about how Bringuier testified before the WC that he believed a Castro spy inside that camp told the cuban government about the camp and that the cuban government in turn informed LHO about it. And that this is how LHO came to know about the camp when he came into Bringuiers store.

I was surprised to hear this from Mr. Gram. I was always of the opinion that the camp was raided by the FBI at the end of July, that news of that raid then appeared in the press, and that LHO simply found out about that training camp along with all the rest of New Orleans when they read about it in the paper. And this is how LHO knew about the camp when he went into Bringuiers store afterwards.

Isn't this how LHO came to know about the camp or am I missing something?

You have a habit of getting on the wrong track....   

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 01:55:54 AM »
You have a habit of getting on the wrong track....

You have a habit of making pointless statements to cover up your lack of knowledge on the case.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 01:55:54 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 02:38:31 AM »
If it was reported in the newspapers, LHO was known to read them. And I believe that any news that concerned Cuba would be something that LHO would have been interested in. Does Tom have any evidence other than the speculation that you cited?

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 02:50:40 AM »
If it was reported in the newspapers, LHO was known to read them. And I believe that any news that concerned Cuba would be something that LHO would have been interested in. Does Tom have any evidence other than the speculation that you cited?

I'm just wondering if the issue has to do with the fact that as far as I know there were two training camps. And only one of those was raided at the end of July. When LHO went to Bringuiers store, LHO could have been referring to the one that had been raided by the FBI (and to which LHO might have assumed might move to a new location now that it had been raided and LHO wanted to find out its new location from Bringuier), and Bringuier misinterpreted LHO to mean he was talking about the other camp (the one which had not been raided and which was still secret).

And this is how the myth was created that LHO knew about a secret cuban exile camp.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 02:50:40 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 03:22:23 AM »
I'm just wondering if the issue has to do with the fact that as far as I know there were two training camps. And only one of those was raided at the end of July. When LHO went to Bringuiers store, LHO could have been referring to the one that had been raided by the FBI (and to which LHO might have assumed might move to a new location now that it had been raided and LHO wanted to find out its new location from Bringuier), and Bringuier misinterpreted LHO to mean he was talking about the other camp (the one which had not been raided and which was still secret).

And this is how the myth was created that LHO knew about a secret cuban exile camp.

You make a good point.

That whole sequence of events seems bizarre to me. But I wonder if whether LHO’s request to see an FBI agent while he was in jail was designed to try to fake out Bringuier. He might have just been trying to make Bringuier believe that he was a part of the U.S. intelligence efforts.

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 03:26:32 AM »

You make a good point.

That whole sequence of events seems bizarre to me. But I wonder if whether LHO’s request to see an FBI agent while he was in jail was designed to try to fake out Bringuier. He might have just been trying to make Bringuier believe that he was a part of the U.S. intelligence efforts.

If I remember correctly, Bringuier had been released by the time LHO asked to see the FBI agent. That would raise suspicion as to why LHO asked to see an FBI agent. If LHO was friends with De Brueys like Orest Pena said, perhaps LHO thought De Brueys might get him out of jail.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 03:26:32 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 03:54:49 AM »
If I remember correctly, Bringuier had been released by the time LHO asked to see the FBI agent. That would raise suspicion as to why LHO asked to see an FBI agent. If LHO was friends with De Brueys like Orest Pena said, perhaps LHO thought De Brueys might get him out of jail.

I think you are remembering correctly. But then there is the question of whether or not LHO knew that Bringuier had already been released. I wasn’t aware of the Peña claim. But it seems unlikely to me that LHO was friends with any FBI agents.