Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Letters from Russia  (Read 4878 times)

Online Charles Collins

Letters from Russia
« on: July 06, 2022, 01:11:21 AM »
Advertisement
For your enjoyment and entertainment, Smithsonian Folkways Recordings has available for download or custom CD: “The Oswald Case” which is Marguerite Oswald's attempt at capturing a side of her son the general public had never seen (and an attempt to capitalize on her relationship to LHO).

https://folkways.si.edu/the-oswald-case-mrs-marguerite-oswald-reads-lee-harvey-oswalds-letters-from-russia/american-history-oral-history-biography/album/smithsonian

If you just want to know what is written in the letters, I believe they are part of the WC exhibits. If you are also interested in Marguerite’s commentary (along with the letters) you can click on the button on the right hand side of the linked page that says “Download Liner Notes” for free. And if you are so inclined to want to hear Marguerite read the letters, you can download them for ten bucks, or order the CD for 17 bucks.

I firmly believe LHO was a manipulator extraordinaire. I believe that this is demonstrated by the tone of the letters compared to the way he reportedly treated his mother at other times. He apparently needed the cooperation of his mother to help get him and Marina out of Russia. He waited until he had decided that he didn’t want to stay in Russia any longer to even let his mother know that he was still alive. And he reportedly treated his mother badly both before and after the time frame involved in these letters. Some of which letters he even signed “Love and kisses, Lee!  ::)

What a crock of crap!  :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

Letters from Russia
« on: July 06, 2022, 01:11:21 AM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Letters from Russia
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 06:04:16 PM »
For your enjoyment and entertainment, Smithsonian Folkways Recordings has available for download or custom CD: “The Oswald Case” which is Marguerite Oswald's attempt at capturing a side of her son the general public had never seen (and an attempt to capitalize on her relationship to LHO).

https://folkways.si.edu/the-oswald-case-mrs-marguerite-oswald-reads-lee-harvey-oswalds-letters-from-russia/american-history-oral-history-biography/album/smithsonian
As Marina and Lee were preparing to return to the US, the INS informed him that he needed to provide the name of a person

If you just want to know what is written in the letters, I believe they are part of the WC exhibits. If you are also interested in Marguerite’s commentary (along with the letters) you can click on the button on the right hand side of the linked page that says “Download Liner Notes” for free. And if you are so inclined to want to hear Marguerite read the letters, you can download them for ten bucks, or order the CD for 17 bucks.

I firmly believe LHO was a manipulator extraordinaire. I believe that this is demonstrated by the tone of the letters compared to the way he reportedly treated his mother at other times. He apparently needed the cooperation of his mother to help get him and Marina out of Russia. He waited until he had decided that he didn’t want to stay in Russia any longer to even let his mother know that he was still alive. And he reportedly treated his mother badly both before and after the time frame involved in these letters. Some of which letters he even signed “Love and kisses, Lee!  ::)

What a crock of crap!  :-\
As you mentioned, during the lengthy process securing visas to return to the US, the US embassy (specifically the INS) informed Oswald he needed an affidavit or proof showing that Marina would not become a "public charge" if he died or was unable to provide for her. Since Oswald had no job secured in the US at that time he had to find a solution. It was then that his tone with Marguerite changed.

He wrote Marguerite (it's in one of those letters) asking for her help. The same Marguerite he wanted nothing to do with after he defected. After a series of further delays the problem was solved "when Marguerite Oswald's employer later filed an affidavit of support for Marina". The visas were then approved. This account is from "Marina and Lee".

Of course leaving Marina and the children on their own was exactly what he later planned to do. By trying to shoot Walker, by trying to defect to Cuba, and by shooting JFK. And he abandoned his family when he first defected; he turned his back on them. And wrote mocking letters from Minsk to his brother. What a bum.

Geezus, to think these people here defend this miserable guy. Yes, he had a terrible childhood - a lot of people do - but they don't become awful people like this guy did. Yet they come here day-after-day for years defending him. Because "the CIA!!" and "the deep state!!!" and "LBJ was evil!!" or whatever white whale they are obsessed with that they use the assassination to harpoon.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 03:49:50 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 08:28:05 PM »
Moral outrage makes such a convincing argument.

You think he shot people so how dare anybody question that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 08:28:05 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 03:58:51 PM »
We literally have tens of thousands of posts made here over the years - tens - accusing all sorts of people - most recently Ruth Paine - of being involved in the assassination, in essentially committing treason. Based on the most absurd and flimsiest of evidence. Again and again and again. Tens of thousands of times.

And we get silence in response from the same crowd who immediately comes to Oswald's defense on every occasion. Poor Lee is being mistreated. But Ruth Paine? And these others? Not a peep in protest. Silence. Hell, they attack the people defending them against the charges.

Trump once boasted that he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and his supporters wouldn't abandon him.

Oswald could say he could top that. "I can shoot two people in the middle of the street and my defenders wouldn't abandon me." And he would be correct.

This is where, like some teenager, I write LOL.

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 05:48:24 PM »
Nobody is coming to Oswald's defense, Steve. For God sake, we're just looking for a little bit of truth. Oswald could have been named Lee Henry for all we care, but if he said he was a patsy - which GASP! - not even Roy Truly or Lovelady probably knew - then, yeah, you have to take that statement seriously. After all, the man is being accused of murdering two people. Lee was no dummy and it was slowly dawning on him what was happening, hence his statement.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 05:48:24 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 05:49:03 PM »
Moral outrage was apparently something that LHO found interesting.

“I wonder what would happen if somebody was to stand up and say he was utterly opposed not only to the governments, but to the people, too the entire land and complete foundations of his socically.”  Lee Harvey Oswald

And I think that Jack Ruby let him know exactly what it looks and feels like….

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 05:49:42 PM »
Here we go again. The typical Oswald is [fill in the blank] and therefore, did the dastardly deed of gunning down Kennedy and the cop.

The people who shamelessly post this xxxx are doing exactly what the lawyers did about the whole case from day one when they got their mandate to "..."Speculation about Oswald's motivation ought to be cut off, and we should have some basis for rebutting thought that this was a Communist conspiracy or (as the Iron Curtain press is saying) a right-wing conspiracy to blame it on the Communists. Unfortunately the facts on Oswald seem about too pat--too obvious (Marxist, Cuba, Russian wife, etc.). The Dallas police have put out statements on the Communist conspiracy theory, and it was they who were in charge when he was shot and thus silenced."

Funnily enough, Dick Nixon was impeached for a similar crime of "...ordered that the Federal Bureau of Investigation be told: “Don't go any further into this case period!” and Trump did the exact same thing when twisted arms to try to get GA to find votes for him. But in the people who post here's minds, it's probably OK to do this as long as it dovetails with their own crazy personal beliefs. In other words, JFK could rise from his grave in Arlington and proclaim he was shot from front and behind and they STILL wouldn't believe. LOL what a joke.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 05:49:42 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 06:55:52 PM »
'Lee Henry'
> aka 'Dirty Henry'.. works for me

> 'Lee Harold Oswald' some news guy said
    aka 'Dirty Harold', and would be more appropriate, with the actual 'Dirty Harry'
    being the mensch, leaving a 'Harold' as the pansy. As it happened, no one clued into
    'Dirty Harvey' until I showed up to enlighten the feeble-minded Oswald arse-kissers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
;D