Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Jack Ruby: A Rosetta Stone of the JFK Assassination  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Jack Ruby: A Rosetta Stone of the JFK Assassination
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 04:44:55 AM »
Advertisement
If anything, the involvement of Jack Ruby is indictive of no conspiracy.
Indicative of no conspiracy? No it isn't. That's silly.
for the DPD to kill Oswald
the DPD still didn't kill Oswald given this golden opportunity
This idea that the Dallas Police operated as some kind of Borg Collective doesn't fly.
Most cops just do like they're told. Most genuinely thought that Oswald was the shooter.
It's absurd to believe they somehow recruited a loose cannon like Ruby and then trusted him to remain silent for the rest of his live in prison.
Ruby didn't live very long. Joe Valachi lasted a lot longer.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 04:44:55 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2022, 05:00:56 PM »
I don't think Ruby was anyone's first choice for a hitman but once Oswald was in police custody, Ruby was one of the few mafia-connected people who could easily slip into and out of police headquarters in Dallas.

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 06:39:46 PM »
Ruby's involvement lends itself more to the absence of a conspiracy.  The fantasy conspirators would have to recruit someone to kill Oswald in front of numerous police officers and a national TV audience and face the rest of his life in prison. And then trust this screwball to remain silent forever.  He shows up only seconds before Oswald gets in the car after running some meaningless errands and leaving his dog in the car.  Good grief.  This was the "plan" when the authorities had numerous golden opportunities to kill Oswald before he was arrested?  No sensible person can believe such nonsense.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 06:39:46 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2022, 06:46:08 PM »
I don't think Ruby was anyone's first choice for a hitman but once Oswald was in police custody, Ruby was one of the few mafia-connected people who could easily slip into and out of police headquarters in Dallas.

Good point , Jon..... And it seems that the DPD weren't protecting their suspect at all while Lee was in their custody...He was taken through the halls of the police station several times. ..... Almost inviting someone to do what Jack Ruby did.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 07:05:52 PM »
Ruby's involvement lends itself more to the absence of a conspiracy.  The fantasy conspirators would have to recruit someone to kill Oswald in front of numerous police officers and a national TV audience and face the rest of his life in prison. And then trust this screwball to remain silent forever.

Given Ruby's lifelong relationships with members of the mafia, his friendships with Dallas police officers, and his debts, he was perfect for that role.

He was expendable but knew enough about the mafia and Dallas PD corruption to keep his mouth shut in order to protect his family.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 07:06:21 PM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 07:05:52 PM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2022, 08:08:52 PM »
Jack Ruby had pushed for Earl Warren to take him back to Washington so he could tell the Warren Commission what was on his mind about the JFK Assassination and as everyone knows , Ruby was denied that request . I think that Ruby knew he was probably a dead man if he talked or not . I think Ruby would have died in jail or would have been killed maybe in a way that looked suspicious like several of the people who saw or heard something that might have tied them into a conspiracy .

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2022, 08:27:53 PM »
As if Ruby's "explanation" makes any more sense.

And you're accusing Biden of having cognitive issues!

ROFL.

Remember that humans communicate best in complete thoughts not incoherent fragments.  So start over using that premise (resist the temptation to use emojis or ROFL) and try to articulate a coherent point that can be used as a basis for discussion.  You can do this. 

Let me help get you started on the right track: 

"I [don't get confused - this means you "Otto"] don't find Ruby's "explanation" [explain what is meant by this] to make any sense because [here you fill in your reason].  Instead I believe the plan of my fantasy conspirators was to allow Oswald to speak to the press, recruit someone to murder him and spend the rest of his life in jail, but only after running a meaningless errand and cutting down his opportunity to do so to seconds while leaving his dog in his car." 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2022, 08:27:53 PM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2022, 10:51:55 PM »
Why would a conversation be needed to point out that believing in Ruby's BS story indicate a cognitive problem?

Your past decade of compliance with any lie put forward by the WC shows I can't be too far off.

Let's have your next Biden moment!

Why are you so hostile?  Now you are taking issue with trying to have a substantive conversation that does not involve personal insults etc.  This is an endless pattern.  Someone tries to have a sensible discussion about the case.  You interject a lot of nonsense and attack the poster to derail the discussion.  Repeat endlessly.   Now you are baiting a political discussion here?  Unreal.  It's unfortunate that folks trying to have a discussion about the JFK assassination have to put up with this including frequent personal attacks and use of profanity. 

« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 10:52:42 PM by Richard Smith »