Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Question about Dealey Plaza Witnesses.  (Read 6645 times)

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: Question about Dealey Plaza Witnesses.
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2022, 12:17:10 AM »
Advertisement
I find that really hard to believe, but if you have specific data on that I’d love to see it.
It took me a few minutes to go through just the A's and B's, which you can check for yourself here or here. This is a summary of the witnesses who commented on the number of shots they heard:

Witness                No. of Shots  First Statement
Victoria ADAMS324Nov63
James ALTGENS322Nov63
Danny ARCE322Nov63
Cecil AULT3*9Jan64
Marrion BAKER322Nov63
Virgie BAKER325Nov63
Welcome BARNETT  316July64
Glen BENNETT322Nov63
Jane BERRY325Nov63
Glen BENNETT322Nov63
Eugene BOONE322Nov63
Lee BOWERS322Nov63
Charles BREHM324Nov63
Howard Brennan3 (2+1)22Nov63
Doris BURNS119Mar64
*Galanor's page shows Altgens as a 3 shot witness but he reported only two "bursts of noise" in his AP report of 22Nov63 and saw JFK's head wound occur on the second burst.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 08:35:31 PM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2022, 12:17:10 AM »

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2022, 12:18:33 AM »
Depending on which reports people were listening to they would most likely believe what they were being told.
Would you report what you were told or would you report what you recalled hearing?

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2022, 05:52:07 AM »

Depending on which reports people were listening to they would most likely believe what they were being told.

Would you report what you were told or would you report what you recalled hearing?

Witnesses are supposed to report what they saw, not what they were told, or “know”. But they commonly don’t do that.

People’s memories are affected by what they are told, or learn. We edit our memories without being aware of that. That is how, even after more than fifty years, I can still remember hitting 400-foot home runs while in little league. Actually, I don’t, but my memory may be off.

Based on my memory, which I think is accurate (but might not be) a motorcycle policeman, following up about 100 yards behind the president, reported in 1976 (?) that he remembered seeing Jackie climbing out onto the trunk of the limousine. However, he made no such claim in 1963. Plus, at the time Jackie was climbing onto the trunk, he was just turning onto Elm Street. So, because of the slope of the street, it would be difficult for him to see the limousine. Plus, there would many vehicles in the way, blocking his view.

So, what is more likely, is that the officer saw the Zapruder film, and incorporated his memory of this film into his memory. He ‘edited’ his memory. And now remembered seeing, in person, in real time, Jackie climbing out onto the trunk of the limousine, while he was riding his motorcycle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2022, 05:52:07 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2022, 12:22:16 PM »

Wouldn't you want to report accurate information? 

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2022, 12:56:04 PM »
Witnesses are supposed to report what they saw, not what they were told, or “know”. But they commonly don’t do that.

People’s memories are affected by what they are told, or learn. We edit our memories without being aware of that. That is how, even after more than fifty years, I can still remember hitting 400-foot home runs while in little league. Actually, I don’t, but my memory may be off.

Based on my memory, which I think is accurate (but might not be) a motorcycle policeman, following up about 100 yards behind the president, reported in 1976 (?) that he remembered seeing Jackie climbing out onto the trunk of the limousine. However, he made no such claim in 1963. Plus, at the time Jackie was climbing onto the trunk, he was just turning onto Elm Street. So, because of the slope of the street, it would be difficult for him to see the limousine. Plus, there would many vehicles in the way, blocking his view.

So, what is more likely, is that the officer saw the Zapruder film, and incorporated his memory of this film into his memory. He ‘edited’ his memory. And now remembered seeing, in person, in real time, Jackie climbing out onto the trunk of the limousine, while he was riding his motorcycle.

_I regularly hit the ball 400 feet, I like to tell people.
  Yep... 200 feet up, 200 feet down: I popped out a lot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2022, 12:56:04 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2022, 05:33:22 PM »

_I regularly hit the ball 400 feet, I like to tell people.
  Yep... 200 feet up, 200 feet down: I popped out a lot.

Wow. You weren't very good. Still, a hell of a lot stronger than I was back then. Or ever was. I don't imagine the other kids every wanted to mess with you.

On the second thought, in the little league, every time the ball landed in fair territory, you must of got on base with a double. The ball would be in the air for over seven seconds. Maybe held to a single if a runner was on first.

If you have any video of this, you should share it with us. If not, I trust your memory.

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2022, 06:27:51 PM »

So why are the witnesses who reported 3 shots from the TSBD right despite all the news media, but the witnesses who reported the 1......2...3 pattern to the shots wrong despite virtually no media reports about that pattern?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2022, 06:27:51 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2022, 07:27:31 PM »
There apparently is no way to get the reported dates from Galanor’s list without going though each name one by one. But I note that even in Andrew’s small sample, 3 of the 15 are many months later.