Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tom Alyea “What the Hull Is That?”  (Read 3576 times)

Offline James Hackerott

Re: Tom Alyea “What the Hull Is That?”
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2022, 03:44:12 AM »
Advertisement
Hi James, just to get things back on track...
In the smaller picture you posted is there another "object" to the right of the yellow arrow?
Thanks Dan,
What you are asking about is a strip of paper or cardboard that is visible in the DPD crime scene photos, the stacked Alyea frames and Allen’s clear photo taken about 3pm.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2022, 03:44:12 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2022, 12:45:52 PM »
Thanks Dan,
What you are asking about is a strip of paper or cardboard that is visible in the DPD crime scene photos, the stacked Alyea frames and Allen’s clear photo taken about 3pm.

Wow, I believe that cardboard strip might match up to the infamous gouge in the top of one of the boxes that were stacked at the sniper’s window! See linked photo below.

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/3684/-

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 07:33:09 PM »
I strongly suspect there is extant Alyea footage of Fritz actually handling the hulls while he is in the SN.
I've always found it interesting that two seemingly separate, independent sources [Alyea and Mooney] claimed that Fritz handled the hulls before they were photographed by the Crime Lab and that both describe the original configuration of the shells as all being very close together. I'm sure there are other officers who describe the same thing but I can't remember who they are off the top of my head.
The still below is part of the Alyea footage showing the SN. In the bottom left of the still we can see someone inside the SN crouched down:

I believe this person can only be Fritz. It is surely the case that once this area was closed off there was only one person who had the authority to enter it - Fritz.
The next shot in the film is a close up of this person who seems to be holding something small in his fingers and is showing it to another officer. (circled in red).

I believe the person is Fritz and he is showing either Boyd or Sims one of the hulls.
As I say, only Fritz would have authority to be in this area handling anything and the only thing in that area that could be held in his fingers and would be of any interest is one of the hulls. They are crouched in exactly the spot where one of the hulls was found.

Maybe, maybe not.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 07:36:48 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 07:33:09 PM »