The Initials Of FBI Agent Elmer Todd Are On CE399 (Hi-Def Photo Proof)

Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: The Initials Of FBI Agent Elmer Todd Are On CE399 (Hi-Def Photo Proof)  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

• Skeptic
Someone hands Todd a slug and says.. "here- put your initials on this" and Todd does it.
                                                                So what?
The bullet (CE-399) leaves the muzzle of the Carcano traveling around 2100 feet per second....
blah blah
All those trajectories and calculations are derived from where exactly?
Please quote references...If you will.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Brown

Someone hands Todd a slug and says.. "here- put your initials on this" and Todd does it.
                                                                So what? blah blah
All those trajectories and calculations are derived from where exactly?
Please quote references...If you will.

Start with Larry Sturdivan and his findings, related to the HSCA.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Start with Larry Sturdivan and his findings, related to the HSCA.

Where exactly did Sturdivan say the bullet now in evidence as CE399 (WC) left the muzzle of the Carcano traveling around 2100 feet per second?

In his HSCA testimony, I can see him talking about similarities and differences between test bullets he fired and CE399 but I couldn't find him saying anything about CE399 leaving the muzzle of the Carcano.

You wouldn't have just made that up, like you did with Butler's second "602" call?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 12:07:30 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online John Iacoletti

Nobody knows how fast any of the bullets that struck Kennedy or Connally were traveling.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online David Von Pein

At The Education Forum today, when talking about Elmer Todd's initials being located on CE399, Vince Palamara said:

"That "E" and "T" look mighty big (and awkward) to have been missed by ANYONE all these years. A clumsy, awkward late addition?"

I think Vince needs to take into consideration the fact that the photograph that contains the "ET" marking on CE399 is a picture of the bullet that has been zoomed-in and enlarged considerably in order to highlight the "ET" area being focused on.

In order to put the actual size of the bullet into better perspective, here's a montage photo I created that shows on the left side a human hand holding Commission Exhibit 399 and on the right is the new hi-def photo of the nose end of the bullet with Elmer Todd's initials:

I think it's clear when looking at the "bullet in the hand" photo on the left that those "ET" initials occupy a very very small amount of space at the nose end of that bullet.

The full length of a Mannlicher-Carcano bullet like CE399 is only about 1.2 inches (per the Warren Commission testimony of FBI firearms examiner Robert A. Frazier). So the actual size of Elmer Todd's "ET" mark on the bullet must surely be measured in mere millimeters.

So perspective plays a huge role in explaining why Todd's markings look so large to Vincent Palamara.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 07:02:58 PM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Sean Kneringer

What instrument would they use to carve their initials? A key?

JFK Assassination Forum

Online David Von Pein

I've wondered about that myself.

And after having put those two photos above side by side, I'm curious as to how difficult it actually is to gouge a couple of teeny-tiny little initials into an area of a bullet that's probably only a few millimeters in size. I would think it would be very difficult to do. Perhaps the FBI has some special tool with which they accomplish such engraving of evidence. ~shrug~
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 07:32:13 PM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

I read one comment from one of the DPD officers (if I remember correctly) when asked that question, he said a diamond point pen.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online John Iacoletti

I read one comment from one of the DPD officers (if I remember correctly) when asked that question, he said a diamond point pen.

Barnes and Day.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Michael Walton

And let the CTer Denials begin!

And in those cadaver tests, did the test bullet(s) mimic the SBT by going through a simulated JFK back/neck first?

Answer: No.

Which is something Dr. Cyril Wecht has apparently never learned in all these years either, otherwise he would finally stop propping up this bullet chart (esp. CE856, which OF COURSE ended up way more damaged than CE399 because it hit a wrist bone at FULL MUZZLE VELOCITY and didn't first go through a JFK mock-up OR a Connally torso mock-up):

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/09/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1035.html

Yes, I've seen that image too, Dave. But I'll go further and post Speer's page about the injuries including the wrist:

https://www.patspeer.com/chapter11thesingle-bullettheory

I doubt it will make any difference to you though.

Mobile View