Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dan Rather post-assassination career trajectory curious, all things considered?  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Michael Walton

Advertisement
Just putting this here. Rather's description of his seeing the Z film, which the public was not allowed to see until 1975, and sneakily at that as it appeared on late night TV and was supposedly "snuck onto" the show.

Anyway, Rather never describes the violent headshot going backward and to the left. He does explain a rather intriguing part of the film - Kennedy had already been been hit according to him, then Connally looks to left - unhit - then starts turning to right when he is then hit.

So this pretty much nullifies the ridiculous single bullet theory.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Richard Smith

Franken "took a picture"?  Wow.  That's a very disturbing characterization of Franken's behavior.  Numerous women accused him of sexual harassment including groping them and forcibly kissing them.  Not unlike Old Joe who sniffs and massages women.  Of course, Franken resigned in disgrace over these incidents.  But CNN still hired him.  And "Tubin" Toobin is still there after his incident.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 04:49:25 PM by Richard Smith »

Online John Iacoletti

“Richard” doesn’t have a word about the 26 women his orange idol sexually assaulted.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

What does Fox News have to do with Dan Rather's disgraceful conduct?   CBS didn't actually fire him but continued to allow him to work while knowing that he intentionally fabricated a news report for political purposes during an election.  As Rather lost his marbles, they gradually forced him out.  How is CNN doing on that front?  They ran the fake Russian collusion hoax for almost four years before giving that up with no consequences whatsoever.  The most massive fake conspiracy in history.  They have commentators like Jeffrey "Tubin" Toobin and the disgraced sexual predator Al Franken.   Chris Cuomo covered up the COVID nursing home scandal for his brother with no consequences while harassing staffers.  Cuomo faked an entire news cycle about staying in his basement when he had COVID while he was actually frequenting crowded public restaurants.  The President of CNN lied about his affair with a staffer before he was let go.  On and on.

What does Fox News have to do with Dan Rather's disgraceful conduct? 

Nothing. They have enough disgraceful conduct of their own.

Offline Michael Walton

This thread seems to have gone off on a tangent [what almost all threads on here typically do] so while we're on the subject, here's a pretty good video about the travesty that is FOX News. It's all fake pretending to be news. Which has caused a lot of problems in this country since they go to the least common denominator instead of focusing on the real issues.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Michael Walton

And if you call them out on their BS, they go on a tirade and/or never air the segment.

Which seems to happen a lot in the JFK forum community as well. Happened to me on the Ed Forum where I'm banned; happened to me on Greg Parker's forum, where he seems to think that Baker never ran into the building moments after the shooting. When I debated him on it, he's actually like "FFS Michael" and actually said stop using a LN theory - haha what a joke! Then all of the other xxx kissers over there started joining in. Yet, he has a lot of looney members over there who believe in the craziest xxxx, yet never says a word to them. Hahaha!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 05:21:14 PM by Michael Walton »

Offline Joe Elliott

Just putting this here. Rather's description of his seeing the Z film, which the public was not allowed to see until 1975, and sneakily at that as it appeared on late night TV and was supposedly "snuck onto" the show.

Anyway, Rather never describes the violent headshot going backward and to the left. He does explain a rather intriguing part of the film - Kennedy had already been been hit according to him, then Connally looks to left - unhit - then starts turning to right when he is then hit.

So this pretty much nullifies the ridiculous single bullet theory.

Why should Rather’s recollection about the Zapruder film trump what I observe in the Zapruder film?

A person who watched the Zapruder film one time is like a witness who saw the assassination in real time. Their recollection, in both cases, can easily be false. It is no stranger for Rather to remember the President going forward from his memory of the film then for witnesses who were there reporting the motorcade had stopped. Memories are unreliable. False memories about certain details are not strong evidence of liars.

And your reasoning is not being applied consistently. If Rather’s memory of the film ‘proves’ that JFK and Connally were not hit by the same bullet, why doesn’t Rather’s memory of JFK going forward ‘prove’ that the movement of JFK’s head only indicates a shot from the back, and does not indicate something else, like a shot from the front, or a shot from the back, combined with a Neurological Spasm.

And, while Rather did not report JFK’s head going forward right after the head shot, I don’t think that hardly any witness that day reported his head going forward, right after the head shot. Oh, sure, years later, after witnesses saw the Zapruder film, or heard reports about it, witnesses starting talking about their memory of JFK’s head going forward. But I don’t think there were many accounts from November 22, 1963. Were all these witnesses promised to be made the chief anchorman of CBS sometime in the future?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:51:12 PM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online John Iacoletti

Why should Rather’s recollection about the Zapruder film trump what I observe in the Zapruder film?

Maybe you aren’t watching the same film he did.