Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Assassination and Mrs. Paine  (Read 11667 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: The Assassination and Mrs. Paine
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2022, 04:28:29 PM »
Advertisement
Their "evidence" is that Michael Paine's mother knew Mary Bancroft who was a mistress of Dulles. But the actual evidence that Ruth or Michael knew Dulles is zero. White mice? I don't know-maybe Talbot thinks they were experiments that Dulles was running? Again-no evidence.

Where is Tom Scully now that we need him?  He is a master at playing this CTer Kevin Bacon game.  Someone went to school with a person who married the sister of someone who once lived next door to someone who once attended a funeral of the uncle of Dulles.  Therefore they are complicit in a plot to kill JFK etc.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2022, 04:28:29 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2022, 04:44:38 PM »
Their "evidence" is that Michael Paine's mother knew Mary Bancroft who was a mistress of Dulles. But the actual evidence that Ruth or Michael knew Dulles is zero. White mice? I don't know-maybe Talbot thinks they were experiments that Dulles was running? Again-no evidence.
Thanks. Garrison's "propinquity" without any connection or proximity between/among the individuals. In other words, nothing.

Didn't Paine's mother know Bancroft in college before she (Bancroft) became Dulles's mistress? Did she know Bancroft at the time of this affair? As if that matters. And how the heck would Michael Paine know that a friend of his mother's knew Dulles? Again, as if that matters. In any case, as you point out, there's no evidence that Dulles knew Michael or Ruth Paine much less they were "well-known" to him.

This is a classic example of how some (too many noted ones) conspiracists need to expand their conspiracy when new evidence is found. Does it fit? It doesn't matter, it's just more kindling for the conspiracy bonfire, a fire they just need to keep burning decade after decade. It's not about resolving what happened (although they think they have); it's now a game to keep things going. On and on....

Just to add: Talbot also says RFK was murdered by the assassins of JFK to prevent him from revealing the conspiracy. But of course.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 08:10:44 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2022, 05:00:38 PM »
Thanks. Garrison's "propinquity" without any connection or proximity between/among the individuals. In other words, nothing.

Didn't Paine's mother know Bancroft in college before she (Bancroft) became Dulles's mistress? Did she know Bancroft at the time of this affair? As if that matters. And how the heck would Michael Paine know a friend of his mother knew Dulles? Again, as if that matters. In any case, as you point out, there's no evidence that Dulles knew Michael or Ruth Paine much less they were "well-known" to him.

This is a classic example of how some (too many noted ones) conspiracists need to expand their conspiracy when new evidence is found. Does it fit? It doesn't matter, it's just more kindling for the conspiracy bonfire, a fire they just need to keep burning decade after decade. It's not about resolving what happened (although they think they have); it's now a game to keep things going. On and on....

Just to add: Talbot also says RFK was murdered by the assassins of JFK to prevent him from revealing the conspiracy. But of course.

It's not about resolving what happened (although they think they have); it's now a game to keep things going.
_'CT Bonfire of the Vanities' in other words. Nailed it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2022, 05:00:38 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2022, 05:08:04 PM »

White mice?

;)

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2022, 05:20:18 PM »
It seems Talbot's "white mice" reference/metaphor was about this (fasten your seat belt, it's going to be rough). This is from his book on Dulles, "The Devil's Chessboard", pg. 135.

"But even the sophisticated Mary [Bancroft] found herself unnerved by one of her conversations with Dulles. She had observed that despite his cunning reputation, Allen always seemed so 'open and trusting' even with people about whom he clearly harbored suspicions or whom he 'actually had the goods on.' As he listened to Mary, Dulles grinned. 'I like to watch the little mice sniffing at the cheese just before they venture into their little trap', he told her. 'I like to see their expressions when it snaps shut, breaking their little necks.'

Elsewhere in the book he refers again to what he calls "little mice" - people that were covert operatives, agents and assets (many unwitting) - that he says Dulles used and discarded (the "little traps") during WWII and the Cold War.

Since Talbot believes Dulles was the mastermind behind the assassination, he argues that the Paines were some of these "mice" that he used/trapped to help kill JFK and frame Oswald.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 03:43:56 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2022, 05:20:18 PM »

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2022, 10:51:03 PM »
It seems Talbot's "white mice" reference/metaphor was about this. This is from his book on Dulles, "The Devil's Chessboard", pg. 135.

Thanks. I never have gotten around to reading the whole book. I can see what I have been missing after the excerpt you posted.  ::)

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2022, 11:55:25 PM »
Thanks. I never have gotten around to reading the whole book. I can see what I have been missing after the excerpt you posted.  ::)
It's definitely a classic..

Yep, I spent about 30 minutes or so looking that up. Would have been better time spent rearranging the socks in my dresser. Stone's movie, Garrison's "Heritage of Stone", the DiEugenio fantasies....it's crazy out there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2022, 11:55:25 PM »

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2022, 04:28:47 PM »