Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Going, Going, Bong.  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Going, Going, Bong.
« on: May 11, 2022, 12:24:29 PM »
Advertisement
Going, Going, Bong.

It costs no sweat for a people to give up on Democracy. To elect a probable dictator. It costs blood to restore it.

The election of Bongbong Marcos by the people of the Philippines is mighty discouraging news. Eighty years ago, the Philippines suffered and fought against authoritarian rule. But allowed an authoritarian dictator to take over a couple of decades later. And now have allowed one to take over again. And to do so while Ukraine is making a forceful stand against tyranny. Shameful. Shameful.

Bongbong has us not to judge him based on his ancestors. But to judge him on his actions. Okay, I won’t judge him. I will judge the Philippine people. They would not elect him unless they really want a strong President for Life. A dictator. If I am presently surprised and find out that Bongbong is not such a man, I expect the Philippine people to find one who is. Democracy in the Philippines is doomed.

I only hope America does not make a similar choice in 2024. I know that a solid third, maybe 40 %, of Americans want to make a similar choice in 2024. That is scary and never something I thought I would live to see in my lifetime.

JFK Assassination Forum

Going, Going, Bong.
« on: May 11, 2022, 12:24:29 PM »

Offline Richard Smith

Re: Going, Going, Bong.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 07:02:04 PM »
Going, Going, Bong.

It costs no sweat for a people to give up on Democracy. To elect a probable dictator. It costs blood to restore it.

The election of Bongbong Marcos by the people of the Philippines is mighty discouraging news. Eighty years ago, the Philippines suffered and fought against authoritarian rule. But allowed an authoritarian dictator to take over a couple of decades later. And now have allowed one to take over again. And to do so while Ukraine is making a forceful stand against tyranny. Shameful. Shameful.

Bongbong has us not to judge him based on his ancestors. But to judge him on his actions. Okay, I won’t judge him. I will judge the Philippine people. They would not elect him unless they really want a strong President for Life. A dictator. If I am presently surprised and find out that Bongbong is not such a man, I expect the Philippine people to find one who is. Democracy in the Philippines is doomed.

I only hope America does not make a similar choice in 2024. I know that a solid third, maybe 40 %, of Americans want to make a similar choice in 2024. That is scary and never something I thought I would live to see in my lifetime.

Yes, let's hope they don't vote for a president who opposes the First Amendment and encourages people to intimidate judges in violation of federal law.  Who would have thought anything like that could happen in America?