Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Speed and Accuracy  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Jackson Sipple

Re: Speed and Accuracy
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2023, 03:51:35 AM »
Advertisement
Nelson Delgado, Oswald's Buddy In The USMC.

Seems like that video implies he's a poor shot...but look at when he says when he has a chance to clarify. He attributes the poor showing to Oswald not caring anymore since he was leaving the marines. He knows he was a much better shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2023, 03:51:35 AM »

Offline Robert Reeves

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 10:40:02 AM »

More like Bang......Bang....Bang.Bang. Four shots. Oswald killed Kennedy as part of a mafia plot IMO, but what was the real purpose of the knoll shot? Maybe just a diversion to confuse everyone.

My guess, the plot went wrong. I think it was planned JFK would be dead before the Stemmons sign. Umbrella Man/shooter/spotter, Dark Complected Man/shooter/spotter, both were right up close and witnessed the state of JFK during the ambush. Apart from those in the limo not many other people knew on the ground whether JFK was badly injured. After Stemmons sign it seems to have got pretty frantic in the shooting sequence. SS Kellerman said it: ''a flurry of shells come into the car''. It's pretty clear Umbrella Man raising the umbrella up/down or DM raising his right hand triggering a request to whomever was in control: all guns go go.

I think the knoll shot was an assured kill shot. Greer would stop the car, and bingo. Either JFK would die from the shooter on the knoll. Or the black guy on the steps would rush down towards the limo and just blow JFK away at close range with a hand gun. I've always thought it's suspicious the black man on the steps ran away up the steps towards the wall/knoll at the moment JFK's head exploded.

Up close silenced concealed weapons or long range shooters = didn't kill Kennedy > go to > stop the limo > the knoll shooter executes JFK but an obvious mess to conceal afterwards because so many saw it. The Z-film shows it.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 04:41:29 PM »
Sports Drome Gun Range Owners Floyd & Virginia Davis And Witnesses Price & Slack

Nice hat, Mr Slack! How's Tennile?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 04:41:29 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2023, 10:44:20 PM »
Here is an impressive video that shows what practice can achieve. I know this doesn’t prove anything regarding the JFK assassination case. However, LHO did reportedly practice dry-firing his rifle at passing cars while on his screened in porch in New Orleans in 1963. And Robert Oswald said in his book “Lee” that LHO had very fast reflexes.

First, here is an image showing the targets. The size of the Gunslynger competition targets in relation to a US dollar bill. Left to right the targets are shot at 10 yards, 25 yards, 40 yards and 55 yards respectively.

The guns are single-shot pre charged compressed air pellet rifles. Each shot requires the shooter to not only cycle the bolt but to also pick up a tiny pellet and load it into the gun with the business end pointed towards the muzzle. Now let’s look at what real speed is. This is the final round of the single load PCP class, a Daystate against an Air Arms rifle. Nic Gregorias who wins is a shooting Machine! Twenty shots with no misses. It only took him about 48-seconds to make all twenty shots accurately. That’s an average of about 2.4 seconds each.

So many items seem to have coincidentally happened that ended in the assassination of JFK. LHO’s reported practice with dry-firing his rifle is just one of them. But I cannot help believing that the reported practice had a real effect on his speed and accuracy shooting on 11/22/63.

I am not familiar with rifles, as I have said many times. But it sounds plausible that dry firing could improve one's proficiency with loading the next bullet into the chamber in a rapid manner. I suspect that firing real bullets is not the only way to learn how to load and fire the rifle rapidly, and that dry firing could be used to do this as well. And Oswald's dry firing of the rifle, as reported by his wife, must have been done for some reason which can only be to learn how to work the bolt faster and more smoothly.

And, of course, it's possible that when Oswald went off to practice with his rifle in New Orleans, he may have practiced firing rapidly with real bullets. WCC/WC bullets were cheap, even for Oswald, and he may have had a fair amount of practice, for all we know.

In any case, the actual timing of the shots as the evidence from the Zapruder film, shows the time between the first and second shot was about 3.8 seconds, and between the second and third shot 4.9 seconds. For shots at z153, z222 and z312. Plenty of time to work the bolt and re-aim the rifle.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2023, 11:00:24 PM »
I am not familiar with rifles, as I have said many times. But it sounds plausible that dry firing could improve one's proficiency with loading the next bullet into the chamber in a rapid manner. I suspect that firing real bullets is not the only way to learn how to load and fire the rifle rapidly, and that dry firing could be used to do this as well. And Oswald's dry firing of the rifle, as reported by his wife, must have been done for some reason which can only be to learn how to work the bolt faster and more smoothly.

And, of course, it's possible that when Oswald went off to practice with his rifle in New Orleans, he may have practiced firing rapidly with real bullets. WCC/WC bullets were cheap, even for Oswald, and he may have had a fair amount of practice, for all we know.

In any case, the actual timing of the shots as the evidence from the Zapruder film, shows the time between the first and second shot was about 3.8 seconds, and between the second and third shot 4.9 seconds. For shots at z153, z222 and z312. Plenty of time to work the bolt and re-aim the rifle.

Yes, the account written in “Marina and Lee” by Priscilla McMillan, indicated that she came home to find LHO kneeling on the porch and aiming the rifle towards the street. It appears to me that he was probably practicing more than just a quick cycling of the bolt. He could have been practicing aiming at passing vehicles. His field of view of the street was limited by the two surrounding houses. So a quick aim and dry fire could have been what he was doing. If so, it would have been very beneficial practice for the actual requirements of the feat on 11/22/63.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2023, 11:00:24 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2023, 11:38:24 PM »
Morphing memory or Priscilla embellishment?

Mr. RANKIN. Did you notice him take it away from your home there in New Orleans at any time?
Mrs. OSWALD. No. I know for sure that he didn't. But I know that we had a kind of a porch with a---screened-in porch, and I know that sometimes evenings after dark he would sit there with his rifle. I don't know what he did with it. I came there by chance once and saw him just sitting there with his rifle. I thought he is merely sitting there and resting. Of course I didn't like these kind of little jokes.
. . .
Mr. RANKIN. From what you observed about his having the rifle on the back porch, in the dark, could you tell whether or not he was trying to practice with the telescopic lens?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes. I asked him why. But this time he was preparing to go to Cuba.
Mr. RANKIN. That was his explanation for practicing with the rifle?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes. He said that he would, go to Cuba. I told him I was not going with him---that I would stay here.
. . .
Mr. RANKIN. You have described your husband's practicing on the hack porch at New Orleans with the telescopic scope and the rifle, saying he did that very regularly there.
Did you ever see him working the bolt, that action that opens the rifle, where you can put a shell in and push it back- during those times?
Mrs. OSWALD. I did not see it, because it was dark, and I would be in the room at that time.
But I did hear the noise from it from time to time not often.
. . .
Mr. RANKIN. You have told us about his practicing with the rifle, the telescopic lens, on the back porch at New Orleans, and also his using the bolt action that you heard from time to time.
Will you describe that a little more fully to us, as best you remember?
Mrs. OSWALD. I cannot describe that in greater detail. I can only say that Lee would sit there with the rifle and open and close the bolt and clean it. No, he didn't clean it at that time. Yes--twice he did clean it.
Mr. RANKIN. And did he seem to be practicing with the telescopic lens, too, and sighting the gun on different objects?
Mrs. OSWALD. I don't know. The rifle was always with this. I don't know exactly how he practiced, because I was in the house, I was busy. I just knew that he sits there with his rifle. I was not interested in it.
Mr. RANKIN. Was this during the light of the day or during the darkness?
Mrs. OSWALD. During darkness.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 11:39:15 PM by John Iacoletti »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2023, 01:56:21 AM »
Marina testified that she read Priscilla’s book and that it is accurate.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2023, 01:56:21 AM »